+ Reply to Thread
Page 242 of 383 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 252 292 342 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 9568
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Re: The Red Sox Thread

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...rade+Rumors%29

Dumping Beckett? Interesting move....guessing its more a move for the future in hopes that the Braves (who missed out on Dempster) and the Rangers (who missed out on Greinke) would give up value for him.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Great folks in Beantown when you get to know them. A city councilman once paid my bar tab in Sullie's even though he knew I am a Yankee fan.
    Do you mean Sully's in Charlestown? The one Ben Affleck is shown drinking at in The Town?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...rade+Rumors%29

Dumping Beckett? Interesting move....guessing its more a move for the future in hopes that the Braves (who missed out on Dempster) and the Rangers (who missed out on Greinke) would give up value for him.

No way he gets traded. I mean, who would want him? He's one of the most overrated pitchers of the last decade and he's got an attitude problem as well as a contract that pays him too much.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Someone will want him.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Someone will want him.
    Yes, but not his contract. I heard this discussed on Boston sports radio a few weeks ago. It's funny how they had so many guys on supposed sweetheart deals and now they'd have to eat money to trade them.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Someone will want him.
    You're essentially taking on a boatload of money to get a guy who's performed poorly and is also a major douchenozzle. That kind of thing is hard to sell; I'm not sure what clubs wants to deal with his baggage.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    You're essentially taking on a boatload of money to get a guy who's performed poorly and is also a major douchenozzle. That kind of thing is hard to sell; I'm not sure what clubs wants to deal with his baggage.
    I personally can't stand the guy but we'll see.....it seems like there is always someone out there to surprise me and take someone like him.

I personally can't stand the guy but we'll see.....it seems like there is always someone out there to surprise me and take someone like him.
    If someone could take AJ Burnett off of NY's hands, someone most definitely could take Josh Beckett. Like Burnett, I think Beckett would be putting up very good numbers in a much weaker NL.
    I think the question is how much would Boston be willing to eat and at this moment it doesn't sound like they're willing to eat much so he probably stays.

Beckett's FIP the last two years:

2011 - 3.57 (actual ERA 2.89)
    2012 - 3.54 (4.57)

His biggest issue this year is he's getting trounced in the 1st inning for whatever reason...

ERA by inning:
    1st - 10.06
    5th - 2.30
    6th - 2.57
    7th - 2.79

amazingly, he has not allowed a HR since May 10th.

He'll make it through waivers after the deadline tomorrow so at any point he could also be moved in August if Boston falls out of it and a team like Texas is still scrambling for a starter.

I'm sure some teams will also buy into his "postseason pitcher" reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by 1936-1939JoeNLou View Post
    I'm right here. The season isn't over yet. The Sox are going to get hot, is it that hard to believe? The Sox as currently constructed are not a .500 team. Be reasonable people.
    As they continue to win while we lose, the numbers, and the respective W/L records from here on out for them to catch up to us, starts to look less ominous (for them) and more doable. My bet is that it won't happen, but I agree, the Yankees aren't considerably better than the Sox, if at all. If their starting pitching gets it together (big if, but not impossible), it'll get interesting. I definitely prefer their offense to ours and they might have an overall better group of relievers (which got even stronger today), depending on how Joba does.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    As they continue to win while we lose, the numbers, and the respective W/L records from here on out for them to catch up to us, starts to look less ominous (for them) and more doable. My bet is that it won't happen, but I agree, the Yankees aren't considerably better than the Sox, if at all. If their starting pitching gets it together (big if, but not impossible), it'll get interesting. I definitely prefer their offense to ours and they might have an overall better group of relievers (which got even stronger today), depending on how Joba does.
    The Yankees have a better offense and I'd say the relievers are a wash. Hopefully Joba coming back helps there.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

You know, if this Beckett injury is serious, the Red Sox may still be in this race.
    Complaining is a choice

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    You know, if this Beckett injury is serious, the Red Sox may still be in this race.
    Morales in the rotation will be an improvement over Beckett, no doubt.
    "I'm sorry Smokey, you were over the line, that's a foul....mark it zero Dude, next frame"

Not a good night in Red Sox land so far tonight ...

So apparently now a player whined to ownership about a comment Valentine made to Middlebrooks in the dugout?

Great bunch of guys here.
    Team Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    So apparently now a player whined to ownership about a comment Valentine made to Middlebrooks in the dugout?

Great bunch of guys here.
    This is what he said. What a toolbag.

Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine, in his appearance on The Big Show on Wednesday, said that the only time that team owners have talked to him about his communication with players was when, at the conclusion of a rough defensive inning in which Will Middlebrooks made a couple of defensive miscues, the manager offered a sarcastic remark to the rookie.

“Ownership did come and say that they heard that a game when — or someone, actually ownership — that they heard when Will Middlebrooks made two errors in a game and he came off of the field and got into the dugout, I said, ‘Nice inning, Will,’ and that maybe that upset him,” said Valentine.

“Now, they didn’t take it further and find out after the game that I went over to Will’s locker, I was trying to be light at the time with the ‘Nice inning,’ then I went over to his locker and told him about my experience of making three errors, being booed off the field and cushions being thrown from the Dodger Stadium fandom and me dodging them as I got into the dugout. If you’re going to deal with part of the story, then believe me, it’s not the story.”
    http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/bos...get-me-better/

I'd say Beckett, but Pedroia is equally as douchy and seems to hate Valentine more.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Back to .500 for the very average Red Sox.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Actually, they're 53-54 now.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Teh Run hath not yet begun......
    Team Northern Lights

It's strange but after years of disliking the Red Sox, I'm starting to get a great amount of joy from them.

NYYF Legend

Are the Sox still coming?

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

What amazes me is there are actually people that think the overweight Lester and Beckett are going to flip the switch and start pitching good and the Sox are still coming. Well if Bud keeps adding playoff spots, even they may back in.
    Life is good!

Umm..they just won four straight. Yea, they followed that by losing their next three, but so what.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Umm..they just won four straight. Yea, they followed that by losing their next three, but so what.
    I guess 4-3 would qualify as a run for a sub .500 team.
    Team Northern Lights

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

Finally some good news for Red Sox Nation.

According to the Boston Globe, John Lackey will not pitch for the Red Sox in 2012.
    Complaining is a choice

Thread Information