+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 410 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 243 283 333 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 10236
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Lillibridge DFA'd. That Youk deal looking even better.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Lillibridge didn't make Larry Lucchino's letter so that should have been a tip off.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Youk sends a love letter to Boston....

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-s...red-sox-nation

I want to thank the Red Sox ownership for all the hard work and dedication to making the Red Sox and Fenway Park a special place to play. They have always supported me on the field, and have helped out in many ways off the field. I can't thank them enough for my time in Boston.
    And, last but no means least, to all the Red Sox Nation, the home of the most dedicated and knowledgeable fans in baseball, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. That final game at Fenway was the most emotional day of my life on the baseball field. It could not have been scripted any better. And to all those kids out there in Red Sox Nation, I can give you my Dad’s advice. “Life is like a throw to first base, always aim high.”
    "I'm sorry Smokey, you were over the line, that's a foul....mark it zero Dude, next frame"

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meecham4ever View Post

I want to thank the Red Sox ownership for all the hard work and dedication to making the Red Sox and Fenway Park a special place to play. They have always supported me on the field, and have helped out in many ways off the field. I can't thank them enough for my time in Boston.
    And, last but no means least, to all the Red Sox Nation, the home of the most dedicated and knowledgeable fans in baseball, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. That final game at Fenway was the most emotional day of my life on the baseball field. It could not have been scripted any better. And to all those kids out there in Red Sox Nation, I can give you my Dad’s advice. “Life is like a throw to first base, always aim high.”
    I like him much better as an ex-Red Sox
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Yeah, I agree. They are certainly getting headlines, but my sense is there is less interest in the on-field product than there has been in a while. I guess you could cynically say they recognized they were going to have a "bridge period" and wanted to create some drama, but this is certainly creating a negative overhang on the owners and franchise that they are going to have to work to overcome.

I think they should extend Lucchino.
    Someone's gonna write the evil flip side of Mnookin's " Feeding the Monster " and it's gonna be a great read
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Someone's gonna write the evil flip side of Mnookin's " Feeding the Monster " and it's gonna be a great read
    Oh, definitely. This is Bronx Zoo on milkshakes.

I feel bad that Youkilis's big return is being overshadowed by the return of Boston hero Carl Crawford
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Meecham4ever View Post

I'm no screenwriter, but I think I could have scripted his last game better than 2 for 4, with an infield single and an RBI triple that extended the lead from 8-4 to 9-4.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    They can call it 'Feeding the Colonel'.

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    But Melacon's quality relief work of late is looking better

Lowrie, injured in a collision at second base Saturday, was diagnosed with a right ankle sprain and damage to the peroneal nerve, which runs up the lower leg. He is set to return to Houston to visit team doctors and learn more about the extent of the injury and potential timing for a return
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/1...-disabled-list

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I'm no screenwriter, but I think I could have scripted his last game better than 2 for 4, with an infield single and an RBI triple that extended the lead from 8-4 to 9-4.

Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Lillibridge didn't make Larry Lucchino's letter so that should have been a tip off.
    lilli bridge to nowhere as they call him.

So...Red Sox win..get Crawford back...then they lose Ortiz for a few games with an Achilles injury...lots of teams with a lot of injuries, including the Yankees but they have to be plagued the most...

As he walked to the shower, Ortiz shook his head about being the latest Red Sox player to be injured.

“This (expletive) team is cursed,” he said.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...ri-on-tuesday/

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1970cs View Post
    But Melacon's quality relief work of late is looking better

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/1...-disabled-list
    Lowrie's amount of production over the course of the first half would still be alot more than Melancon could give in the second half.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    So...Red Sox win..get Crawford back...then they lose Ortiz for a few games with an Achilles injury...lots of teams with a lot of injuries, including the Yankees but they have to be plagued the most...

Haha! that's a great term for Papi to be tossing around up in Boston. They're big fans of blaming failure on curses.

that ortiz quote sums them up well. we lose the greatest closer of all time for the year and you hear our guys say "no one is going to feel sorry for us" etc but they talk about curses.

Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

This curse stuff is just ridiculous. Grow up. Take some blame for just sucking (the 86 year curse) or getting old, body breaking down or whatever.....

Addicted Member

Massachusetts woman arrested for stalking Theo, yikes.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2295809.story

Quote Originally Posted by 1970cs View Post
    Massachusetts woman arrested for stalking Theo, yikes.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2295809.story
    yikes...never a good thing when Rosanna Rosanna Danna wants to invite you to church.

Addicted Member

yikes...never a good thing when Rosanna Rosanna Danna wants to invite you to church.
    Would you like to stay for some cake, we're having Carvel?

NYYF HOF

I understand the frustration but filter yourself...
    Beware the Bobcat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cupcollector99 View Post
    I understand the frustration but filter yourself...
    I thought at first you were talking to me and not Ortiz. I was like "what did i say?"

the one that really needs a filter is Bill James...having to have your owner to tell you to cork it for defending Paterno and blaming the media is just blech.

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Lowrie's amount of production over the course of the first half would still be alot more than Melancon could give in the second half.
    This is true, but if you're a Sox fan, you're already stuck with the deal whether you like it or not. Since you're already stuck with the deal (not you, but the hypothetical Red Sox fan), it's nice to know that Melancon has been great since coming back from AAA and partially mitigating to know that Lowrie got hurt, which was always the main concern about keeping him in the first place. It's not exactly logical value analysis, but not quite grasping at straws, either. More like looking on the bright side of a deal you probably didn't want management to make in the first place. Somewhere in between, I guess.

Lester is kinda bad. Surprised the pitching coach hasn't gotten canned, isn't he one of Francona's guys?

My man Youk with a homer.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Lester is kinda bad. Surprised the pitching coach hasn't gotten canned, isn't he one of Francona's guys?
    which one? there are two - 1 is McClure who was hired in December - after Tito but before Valentine ..he's the one on a different page from Valentine and they don't seem to get along at all...

then there's Niemann who was Valentine's guy as far back as the Mets..he was just kicked off the bench by the front office..he had filled in when mcClure was dealing with a family emergency...

The reason assistant pitching coach Randy Niemann was taken off the bench was so McClure could better assume his normal pitching coach duties. Niemann is a longtime Valentine coach, was his bullpen coach with the Mets, and he served as Sox pitching coach when McClure left the team for three weeks because of a family matter. Valentine relies heavily on Niemann; the decision to not keep him on the bench was made at the executive level, according to a team source.

I don't think either pitching coach is a Tito guy but I think Tuck/bullpen coach is...and he's not happy with BV either...

I seriously can not remember a team more in disarray and with more drama than this...I guess the Bronx Zoo days but at least they were winning.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...lhN/story.html

Thread Information