+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 422 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 234 274 324 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 10542
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T_TotpHzl3U

Nice to see Papi keeping it real after a wonderful 2-5 road trip against equally crap teams. Seriously, the guy will always be adored in Boston and fans will continue to support him but he needs to know when to STFU. Using words like humiliating and embarrassing is a friggin joke.
    I saw that pj...if he didn't want to sign the contract, he shouldn't have signed it...he's always a victim. blech.

I feel bad that a good guy like you has to root for that team..come to the dark side.
    "Happiness is...a thumb and a blanket."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    This quote will not help the clubhouse:
    another thing that won't help the clubhouse..masshole sports had this tweet after the horrible loss on Tuesday:

Ryan Kalish shouldnt be taking any ................ for the loss last night. If Aceves did his job, Red Sox win. Plain and simple

Kalish return tweeted that....he eventually deleted it but I'm pretty sure it will get back to the team...Aceves blew the save and took the loss sure, but Kalish had an error on a throw in that inning and made the third out trying to steal third the inning before...either way, why point fingers and feel the need to do that?

I do think that clubhouse is toxic - just when they win a few games, things calm down...

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    another thing that won't help the clubhouse..masshole sports had this tweet after the horrible loss on Tuesday:

Ryan Kalish shouldnt be taking any ................ for the loss last night. If Aceves did his job, Red Sox win. Plain and simple

Kalish return tweeted that....he eventually deleted it but I'm pretty sure it will get back to the team...Aceves blew the save and took the loss sure, but Kalish had an error on a throw in that inning and made the third out trying to steal third the inning before...either way, why point fingers and feel the need to do that?

I do think that clubhouse is toxic - just when they win a few games, things calm down...
    As much as I despise the organization, the media up here is brutal and makes it difficult for them.

I've never seen anything like it. They spent two days on the radio discussing Tom Brady's on field body language, trying to see if he was unhappy. Buchholz getting grief of the charity thing was ridiculous....stuff like that.
    Team Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T_TotpHzl3U

Nice to see Papi keeping it real after a wonderful 2-5 road trip against equally crap teams. Seriously, the guy will always be adored in Boston and fans will continue to support him but he needs to know when to STFU. Using words like humiliating and embarrassing is a friggin joke.
    This quote will not help the clubhouse:
    And so begins the building of the foundation of the ugly separation.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    And so begins the building of the foundation of the ugly separation.
    I don't know... he's said stuff like this for years. Until he stops producing, I can't imagine him leaving.

The crux of the problem is that while he complains about not being treated fairly, I don't think anyone is actually willing to pay him any more than the Red Sox do.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    I don't know... he's said stuff like this for years. Until he stops producing, I can't imagine him leaving.

The crux of the problem is that while he complains about not being treated fairly, I don't think anyone is actually willing to pay him any more than the Red Sox do.
    You could be right....
    But I hope he leaves beaner-town.... I love hearing/reading/seeing the drama when players leave that town. It's sh*t you can't make up!

“Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

As much as I despise the organization, the media up here is brutal and makes it difficult for them.

I've never seen anything like it. They spent two days on the radio discussing Tom Brady's on field body language, trying to see if he was unhappy. Buchholz getting grief of the charity thing was ridiculous....stuff like that.
    I know what you mean but the talk radio side is brutal here too - I don't know how anyone listens to it at all...I listen to the MLB network radio but not anything local with idiot hosts/callers.

I also don't really see how the media being brutal would make Kalish throw his teammate under the bus if there weren't issues already in the clubhouse. vent to your family, girlfriend/wife, etc but to return tweet that, maybe he's not cut out for that town...

I also don't really see how the media being brutal would make Kalish throw his teammate under the bus if there weren't issues already in the clubhouse. vent to your family, girlfriend/wife, etc but to return tweet that, maybe he's not cut out for that town...
    Sorry, I wasn't referring to Kalish, as I didn't understand what he Tweeted.

Kalish is probably just learning from the vets. I understand RSN's desire to paint these guys in the best light, but they're reaching with group. Beckett, YoukIlis, Lackey, etc were all easy to flush out, but it's also the guys like Lester, Pedroia, and Ortiz with their on-field whining and off field comments. This team is so easy to dislike.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Legend

You mean like getting the lead off guy to hit a routine lazy line drive that the SS misplayed to start the inning? I know the A's scored 2 to beat Acevas but Acevas acutally looked pretty good. Pennington just floated one into no mans land and Moss it a hard ground ball that just wasn't at anyone.

That attempted steal of 3rd was hysterical the, Red Sox fan next to us was livid. Though he did look safe from where I was sitting.

What did Kalish tweet anyway?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Didn't realize there was a DH on Saturday. Did I miss a rainout between these two teams earlier in the year?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Didn't realize there was a DH on Saturday. Did I miss a rainout between these two teams earlier in the year?
    yeah - it was a bummer. Boston was if full free fall and CC was set to pitch a sunday night game going for the sweep IIRC.

The rain out couldn't have come at a better time for Boston.
    Baseball is life;

Why is Ortiz bitching about getting jipped? Didn't he sign an extension before turning 30?

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBomberalis View Post
    In fairness, most of them have little minor league track record to judge by and I only listed one noteworthy point for each of them. Bradley, for example, is batting .346 in his short minor league career, and I know nothing about his defense.

But I agree to some extent, mostly for the fact that aside from Lavarnway, none of these guys are even close to being major league ready.
    I just don't understand how someone like Matt Barnes is in the top 50 and Mark Montgomery isn't mentioned.

Matt Barnes, 22 (A+): 54 IP, 9.77 K/9, 2.15 BB/9, 2.33 FIP

Mark Montgomery, 21 (A+): 36.2 IP, 13.01 K/9, 3.19 BB/9, 1.62 FIP

Personally, I don't see how either makes the cut with such limited playing time, but the inclusion of one and exclusion of the other is...curious.

Guys who are strictly relievers rarely make the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Guys who are strictly relievers rarely make the list.
    That makes sense. But you follow our minor league guys...so does it seem to you that we have comparable prospects to some of those listed or am I being a total homer?

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Why is Ortiz bitching about getting jipped? Didn't he sign an extension before turning 30?
    I believe 2, actually. The first was in 2004 (2/12.5) and another in 2006 (4/52). In 2004 he was set to be a FA after the season. In 2006, he was a FA after the 2007 season. I'm fairly sure he could have made more $$ on the open market.

NYYF Legend

Sorry, I wasn't referring to Kalish, as I didn't understand what he Tweeted.

Kalish is probably just learning from the vets. I understand RSN's desire to paint these guys in the best light, but they're reaching with group. Beckett, YoukIlis, Lackey, etc were all easy to flush out, but it's also the guys like Lester, Pedroia, and Ortiz with their on-field whining and off field comments. This team is so easy to dislike.
    ah, gotcha..I think a good portion of RSN agree with us on it being an unlikeable team....and it really is. On top of that, you have an unlikeable manager and then LL lurking. yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    You mean like getting the lead off guy to hit a routine lazy line drive that the SS misplayed to start the inning? I know the A's scored 2 to beat Acevas but Acevas acutally looked pretty good. Pennington just floated one into no mans land and Moss it a hard ground ball that just wasn't at anyone.

That attempted steal of 3rd was hysterical the, Red Sox fan next to us was livid. Though he did look safe from where I was sitting.

What did Kalish tweet anyway?
    It really was a very bad 15 minutes for them..on offense and defense.

Kalish just re-tweeted what they said about him not deserving to take the crap for the loss and that it was Aceves' fault.

NYYF Legend

It really was a very bad 15 minutes for them..on offense and defense.

Kalish just re-tweeted what they said about him not deserving to take the crap for the loss and that it was Aceves' fault.
    That's ballsy for guy likely headed to AAA next week when Crawford & Ellsbury come back.

The Punto bunt was funny. Both me and the guy behind me were both commenting that Punto was going to bunt because it was the only thing he did well. We were all shocked Carter caught it. Just after I said he had all the range of a tree stump too.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    That makes sense. But you follow our minor league guys...so does it seem to you that we have comparable prospects to some of those listed or am I being a total homer?
    Banuelos would have placed higher had he not landed on the DL. Campos, might have also (young power arm with plus-stuff and throws strikes). A lot of people on other message boards I frequent seem to think Bogaerts is far too high on the list.

NYYF Legend

Pedroia heading to DL for the second thumb injury. odd pic at that link...

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...-thumb-injury/

Once in a while when you dive for a ball hit right at you, you pay the price.
    Pardon, for us.

NYYF Legend

After reading an article the other day that Bard felt "he had figured things out" down in the minors, another really bad outing tonight. yikes...didn't record 1 out and gave up 3 ER on 2 hits...even worse, he had two wild pitches and hit two batters.

at what point does he become too dangerous to face?

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...awaaa_rocaaa_1

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

So are the matchups Kuroda/Beckett Friday, Hughes/Doubront and Garcia/Morales Saturday and Nova/Lester Sunday?
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    So are the matchups Kuroda/Beckett Friday, Hughes/Doubront and Garcia/Morales Saturday and Nova/Lester Sunday?
    I think it's:

Kuroda/Beckett
    Hughes/ Morales (day)
    Garcia/Doubront (night)
    Nova/Lester

http://espn.go.com/mlb/schedule

Pedie/Thumbelina
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Thread Information