+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 412 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 186 226 276 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 10276
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Melancon sent down to Pawtucket

Their closer injured and their set up man in the minors.........
    ...and it's only April.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    He only played 109 games in '08 also (81 last year)

Very productive player when he was in the lineup, but the problem was keeping him there- not a massive disappointment because the expectations were low anyway. It was an overpay in $$ and years, but not a disaster ( compared to other bad Theo FA deals )
    That's pretty much how I felt about it. I was originally annoyed by the signing and had relatively low expectations vis a vis playing time and overall performance. He exceeded my expectations for sure.

Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

I wish he would have stood his ground. the article says he regretted some of his comments yet i don't see larry or henry quoted in there saying they felt bad. eff them. i hope he gets the loudest ovation there and i hope lucchino and henry get booed.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" ...Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    I wish he would have stood his ground. the article says he regretted some of his comments yet i don't see larry or henry quoted in there saying they felt bad. eff them.
    He's a class guy and you go for the fans and try not to let all the front office petty stuff take away from that.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    He's a class guy and you go for the fans and try not to let all the front office petty stuff take away from that.
    no doubt he's a class act all the way..but the fans can thank him in other ways. Some were talking about making their own thank Tito day on a random day where they would honor him without the help of ownership...but i guess if this is what he wants, good for him..
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" ...Frank Costanza

Wish he hadn't buckled either but understand why he's attending.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Same. Disappointed he gave in - esp with those 2 morons at the helm. LL and Henry.
    Last edited by 4bronxbombers; 04-19-12 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    I wish he would have stood his ground. the article says he regretted some of his comments yet i don't see larry or henry quoted in there saying they felt bad. eff them. i hope he gets the loudest ovation there and i hope lucchino and henry get booed.
    They all make me sick including Saint Tito.
    Plays the game the wrong way.

NYYF HOF

I don't know how it's going to be set up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tito completely ignores the ownership guys. He'll get a huge pop from the crowd, and probably exchange some nice words with players. He owes the ownership nothing. I think 95% of the fans are very happy that he is attending.

And on a side note, this team pretty much sucks right now.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Over/under of July 1, 2012 for Bobby V's reign to end. You don't call out one of the mainstays in public two weeks into your first year as manager there. And after the way Francona was treated I am surprised to see he changed his mind when the two goons that own the team haven't said one word about regretting their shameful handling of it.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Over/under of July 1, 2012 for Bobby V's reign to end. You don't call out one of the mainstays in public two weeks into your first year as manager there. And after the way Francona was treated I am surprised to see he changed his mind when the two goons that own the team haven't said one word about regretting their shameful handling of it.
    My husband thinks the same thing - well, he didn't say July 1st but he said this year too.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    I'm curious how Valentine allows Melancon to give up 3 jacks, 2 walks, 6 runs, all earned, despite not gettting an out. Was nobody else warmed up?
    Game was already over before Melancon began to contaminate his sleeping surface with elimination products. No real reason for V to pull him - he only faced 6 batters as it was.

Addicted Member

Although these things are hard to predict accurately, of course, I think we're at the start of a Red Sox mini-Ice Age that will last 2-3 years, perhaps more. Injuries and a parcel of bad contracts handed out for past performance, topped by Theo's Legacy, the Worst Free Agent Contract Ever Written (That's you, Carl!) have robbed the organization of the financial flexibility to fix things any time soon. There will be several black holes in the line-up for years to come. Maybe we can switch places with the Astros and move to the NL Central?

Long term we're OK, though. We're stacked at low A and high A . If only I live long enough...

Quote Originally Posted by cptcarl View Post
    Although these things are hard to predict accurately, of course, I think we're at the start of a Red Sox mini-Ice Age that will last 2-3 years, perhaps more. Injuries and a parcel of bad contracts handed out for past performance, topped by Theo's Legacy, the Worst Free Agent Contract Ever Written (That's you, Carl!) have robbed the organization of the financial flexibility to fix things any time soon. There will be several black holes in the line-up for years to come. Maybe we can switch places with the Astros and move to the NL Central?

Long term we're OK, though. We're stacked at low A and high A . If only I live long enough...
    Last year, after their horrible start, Yanks fans were giddy but knew that it was a very good team and would turn it around and go on a run.

This year, the potential for train wreck was easy to see. Move after move by the FO were head scratchers- topped off by hiring Valentine. Given the de facto hard salary cap and the limitation on draft and International signings, it's gonna be a lot harder for the big money teams to use financial resources as they did in the past.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Exactly - Tito gets it. I think it's the utmost tribute to him that even though he was "the enemy", he always had the respect of Yankee fans. He deserved far better than he got not only from management, but his own players. They're already paying the price. Meanwhile, we get to enjoy his insight and humor as a very competent analyst for ESPN..... and they needed one badly.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

He should jog out there with a bucket of chicken and a six-pack.

Because f*** you, that's why.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post

That would be hilarious.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

I'd love to see Francona jog out with a bottle of prescription pills in one hand and hot, bikini-clad babes on either side of him. Then, when he lines up next to the other honorees on the foul line, he should start popping the pills into his mouth - - tossing them in the air and catching them with his tongue like it's popcorn.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Per John Heyman, Theo Epstein was not invited to the 100th Anniversary ceremony. Total class Boston.
    Life is good!

Per John Heyman, Theo Epstein was not invited to the 100th Anniversary ceremony. Total class Boston.
    Lol. They didnt even extend the invitation? I mean I'm sure Theo would politely decline anyway.
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Hmmmm - ya know I've been thinking....

What's this celebration gonna be like?
    What can the Sox possibly celebrate over the 100 year sample?

14 years of success and 86 years of misery?

“Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post

Celebrating Fenway not the team.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

NYYF Legend

Actually, if you define success as winning the World Series, 14 years of success in 100 years would be a very nice accomplishment. But, of course, the Red Sox can't claim this. Instead, they'd have 2 years of success in 100 years.

If we are to include World Series appearances - winning the pennant and the series, the Sox would have 6 years of success. Hence, I can't see how the Sox had more than 6 successful years in 100 years.

Which makes the Yankees run in the same time frame all the more incredible - 27 World Championships and 40 World Series appearances.

Thread Information