+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 411 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 181 221 271 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 10256

Re: The Red Sox Thread

I always hope all Sox players have bad years, but I hate to see bad injuries like this.

If it is a dislocation, but without massive soft tissue injury (ligaments, tendons and muscles are not badly damaged as well) then you are looking at 6-8 weeks, which is a long time but not worst case. Actually that would be best case. When Huckaby dislocated Jeter's shoulder years back, Jete missed 36 games. Which equated to about 6 weeks.

But I recall after it happened the big concern was the MRI, and all worries were what damage had occurred. When it came back clean, everyone exhaled and indeed Jeter came back right on schedule and was still close to the same player. That is what Red Sox fans have to hope for.

If there is damage beyond the dislocation, then you start talking about surgery, and I recall that when Jeter was hurt, they said if that was the case, he was gone for the year.

I am also speaking from experience, as I have dislocated my left shoulder 3 times in my life. The problem there is that once it pops out the first time, it is likely to happen again.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Right now, it's whether the labrum and rotator cuff have been damaged. If not, he should be back in 6-8 weeks, if they are damaged and he needs surgery then he's gone for the year. It's also his non-throwing shoulder which is better than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    It's also his non-throwing shoulder which is better than the alternative.
    True, but it's also the lead shoulder when he hits ... I'm no expert on shoulder mechanics but I have to think his swing won't be right if the shoulder is less than 100%.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    True, but it's also the lead shoulder when he hits ... I'm no expert on shoulder mechanics but I have to think his swing won't be right if the shoulder is less than 100%.
    I never said it wouldn't affect him some, just that it's his non-throwing shoulder.

Addicted Member

If surgery is even an option, I expect Bora$ to push Dreamy into it in order to protect his free-agent value for 2013. It's comical the RS outfield consists of 3 AAAA players. Yes, injuries (Kalish), neurosurgical issues (Westmoreland), and a trade (Reddick) laid waste to the minor league outfield depth, but if the RS had more payroll flexibility they would be in a better position to fix things. That flexibility is what they gave up with the idiotic Crawford contract (and the only marginally less crazy Lackey contract) -- courtesy of the ' best general manager in baseball '. The Sox are now a 2nd division team. If they achieve .500 this year in the AL East, with 3 better teams in front of them, I would consider that a big success. Better off just sitting back, relax and enjoy baseball in general, and watch the promising lower minor leaguers get better.

Minutes before Pawtucket's game in Rochester, N.Y., Friday night, the team's Triple-A club scratched Taiwanese outfielder Che-Hsuan Lin, a telling indication Ellsbury is headed to the 15-day disabled list and Lin is headed to Boston to replace him.
    Wonder how many terrible "Linsanity" related headlines are gonna crop up within the next few weeks.

Is their current outfield Ross/McDonald/Sweeny? Because lol

Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Larry Walker's Fanclub Rocketman's Avatar

Wow, you almost have to feel bad for the Red Sox. They have a minor league caliber outfield that was supposed to play host to two superstars, a shallow pitching rotation, one of the worst bullpens in baseball and a downtrodden Kevin Youkilis.

I hope they can't even sniff the playoffs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Wow, you almost have to feel bad for the Red Sox.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Boston beats patsies like the Rays and their whole fanbase thinks they're going to be ok...
    "I'm sorry Smokey, you were over the line, that's a foul....mark it zero Dude, next frame"

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    This is tremendous.

Oh well. They just have to try and ride this out. It'll make for an interesting summer.

NYYF Legend

Did anyone else notice Aceves throwing 96 last night? I don't remember that type of velocity while he was with the Yankees......but he does look to be in better shape as well. Any one with some insight?
    Hoping Rivera can pitch forever!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerstrong View Post
    Did anyone else notice Aceves throwing 96 last night? I don't remember that type of velocity while he was with the Yankees......but he does look to be in better shape as well. Any one with some insight?
    He definitely lost a bunch of weight, from the looks of him.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Meecham4ever View Post
    Boston beats patsies like the Rays and their whole fanbase thinks they're going to be ok...
    When do the Yankees get to play these patsies? Can't wait.

Does it surprise anyone that an ex-Yankee's velocity increases with another team or that it decreases when they become a Yankee?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Does it surprise anyone that an ex-Yankee's velocity increases with another team or that it decreases when they become a Yankee?
    I think the Yankees are still paying off the credit for Aaron Small, to be honest . . .

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

NYYF Legend

I mentioned this last year. His velocity is up ever since he signed with Boston. You can look it up on fangraphs: http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfx.asp...ion=P#velocity

Who knows, maybe he is healthier than he was with the Yankees, but I also recall scouting reports from his Mexican league days indicating his fastball sat in the low 90's.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

While I don't formally endorse this post, I do find it hilarious.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

that is full of win.

I don't laugh at other team's injuries nor wish for them but I can't feel sorry for them..we had awful injuries in 2007 and 2008 and there was no sympathy coming from that fanbase and I didn't expect it either...
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" ...Frank Costanza

Just hit 96mph in today's game as well. Where did this come from? I thought when the Yankees let him go, it was a the obvious decision given the circumstances but he's proven our FO wrong. Very impressive. I wonder whether he's finally given up on trying to be a starter and is just letting it go now. His reportoire was always pretty good: four seamer, two seamer, cutter, slider, curve and change.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

NYYF Legend

Watching him pitch now....he is in much better shape than he was as a Yankee. Remy and Orsillo also noticed his velocity is much higher and mentioned that since he knows it only for an inning, he can really let it rip and that is why they are faster.
    Hoping Rivera can pitch forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Meecham4ever View Post
    The Rays are patsies? Is this sarcasm I'm missing?

Our main competition just got swept by an average team. All good.
    Team Northern Lights

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

He was throwing that hard last year. Albers received a velocity jump last year too. They seem to have something in the water up there.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Thread Information