+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 412 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 180 220 270 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 10286

Re: The Red Sox Thread

I would love it if the Red Sox just suck all year so I can root for them against contenders, like I do with the Orioles.

Great job today boys ... if Baltimore gets lucky tonight we could be in a tie for first just four days after that 0-3 start.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Can Joshie succeed w/ a 89-92 FB? I saw one good curve ( watched till 4th ) a few good changes

He was locating the FB pretty well, but I have to think he's not gonna fare well w/ that repertoire.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Can Joshie succeed w/ a 89-92 FB? I saw one good curve ( watched till 4th ) a few good changes

He was locating the FB pretty well, but I have to think he's not gonna fare well w/ that repertoire.
    I was wondering the same thing. I mean, he looked great with what he had, but he obviously didn't have his best stuff. His FB velocity was way down; he's usually 92-95, sometimes higher. He was, as you mentioned, 89-92 all day with the FB. He survived early by pounding the corners and keeping the FB down and he started to look better from the 4th inning on by mixing in a lot of changeups.

He also started throwing his CB a lot the last two or three innings and it was actually very sharp; nasty break, great location. So if it was so sharp, why was he so reluctant to throw them so early? Has to be the thumb, right? I'm not sure what to come away with here as a Sox fan. The outing was great overall, but his velocity and reluctancy to throw breaking stuff early leaves me feeling mildly apprehensive moving forward.

Until we get some news, though, I'm more worried about Ellsbury.

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

All right Sawx! One in a row!!
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck View Post
    All right Sawx! One in a row!!
    Could be a very costly win though if Ellsbury misses extended time.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Because a) I can't stand him as a player and b) I don't wish ill-will outside the lines on any ball player, I'm hoping he wussed out just to avoid the jackstomping Sox fans would have given him. I'm sure he's public enemy #1, given his suckage ever since putting on their uniform, his ridiculous contract, his whiny attitude and showing up his teammates on the field, his perceived insensitivities associated with his unfortunately public divorce, and last year's Fried Chickengate. He would have gotten absolutely douched with boos, and deservedly so.

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Because a) I can't stand him as a player and b) I don't wish ill-will outside the lines on any ball player, I'm hoping he wussed out just to avoid the jackstomping Sox fans would have given him. I'm sure he's public enemy #1, given his suckage ever since putting on their uniform, his ridiculous contract, his whiny attitude and showing up his teammates on the field, his perceived insensitivities associated with his unfortunately public divorce, and last year's Fried Chickengate. He would have gotten absolutely douched with boos, and deservedly so.
    Lackey would have absolutely been eaten alive by the crowd. No player singularly exemplifies the recent failures of this Sox club better than John Lackey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post
    Lackey would have absolutely been eaten alive by the crowd. No player singularly exemplifies the recent failures of this Sox club better than John Lackey.
    Was Crawford there? How was he received?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Could be a very costly win though if Ellsbury misses extended time.

Hey, the sawx ( on ) crack medical team will take good care of him

Just hope his ribs weren't hurt along with the shoulder

"Get up you f***ing p***y. I know you're fakin'."
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Nick Cafardo@nickcafardo From what I'm hearing the Jacoby Ellsbury injury to his right shoulder doesn't sound good.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Was Crawford there? How was he received?
    Crawford was there and he was received well - little, if any, booing.

This team is in serious disarray, long may it continue.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

NYYF Legend

That's. Just. Hilarious.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Looking at it, at least looked like a partial dislocation

Just depends on how much soft tissue damage there is- could be ligaments/tendons or cartilage involved

Just depends on how much soft tissue damage there is- could be ligaments/tendons or cartilage involved
    Based on information you've read, pictures you've seen, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Based on information you've read, pictures you've seen, or both?

Just looking @ the video. The force of the collision was on the back of the shoulder. When he sat up, he was holding the front of the shoulder- indicating a possible anterior dislocation.

All just guess work @ this point based on the anatomy involved. If it is a dislocation- full or partial- the ligaments that hold the shoulder in place will have been damaged. The rotator cuff tendon could be involved or there could be a possible tear in the labrum

I'm sure we'll know shortly

Really hoping for the best case scenario. Ellsbury seems like a good kid and he took a lot of undeserved flack over the rib injury fiasco

Just looking @ the video. The force of the collision was on the back of the shoulder. When he sat up, he was holding the front of the shoulder- indicating a possible anterior dislocation.

All just guess work @ this point based on the anatomy involved. If it is a dislocation- full or partial- the ligaments that hold the shoulder in place will have been damaged. The rotator cuff tendon could be involved or there could be a possible tear in the labrum

I'm sure we'll know shortly

Really hoping for the best case scenario. Ellsbury seems like a good kid and he took a lot of undeserved flack over the rib injury fiasco
    Thanks for the informative insight.

I agree; I hate to see anyone go down like that. He appears to be a nice guy and is never a loudmouth, despite the uniform.

NYYF Legend

Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com confirms that Jacoby Ellsbury has a dislocation or partial dislocation of his right shoulder and will miss a minimum of six weeks.

Terrible news for the Red Sox and fantasy owners alike. Ellsbury injured the shoulder when Reid Brignac landed directly on top of him at second base during Friday's game. He was immediately sent to Massachusetts General Hospital for an MRI, but he's scheduled to undergo even more tests to make sure shoulder did not sustain additional damage. Darnell McDonald, Cody Ross and Ryan Sweeney will start in the Red Sox outfield, at least until Carl Crawford comes off the disabled list.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/m...-headlines?r=1

ieddyi nailed it

The additional tests will try and determine the extent of the soft tissue damage. Those results will determine the extent of the injury and how long he'll be out

Is the video up? I'm imagining something awful like Jeter's 2003 injury.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Is the video up? I'm imagining something awful like Jeter's 2003 injury.
    http://www.raysindex.com/GIFs/af29.html
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

No way that injury keeps him out 6-8 weeks. I take the over.

Awful, and he is a good guy I wish him a speedy recovery.
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

Thread Information