+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 422 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 172 212 262 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 10534

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees13 View Post
    I'd expect them to win in the low-90's. Problem for them is that puts in the play-in game at best and a good chance of being out entirely.
    I'd be surprised if low 90s win total doesn't earn one of two WC berths. As much as I'd love to see the RSN misery continue, I'd guess they make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    As much as I'd love to see the RSN misery continue, I'd guess they make the playoffs.
    Sometimes that just adds to it.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

I'd be surprised if low 90s win total doesn't earn one of two WC berths. As much as I'd love to see the RSN misery continue, I'd guess they make the playoffs.
    I'd guess so too, but only because it's likely one of the teams ahead of them will falter in some way, whether injuries or under-performance. However, as of right now I have them behind TBR, NYY, LAA, and TEX for the 3 playoff spots available to them. Could easily see all of those teams winning 95+.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

“Guys having a beer after their start has been going on for the last 100 years,’’ Lackey said. “This is retarded. It’s not like we were sitting up there doing it every night. It’s not even close to what people think.’’
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...key/?page=full
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

While this may be true, his choice of words is poor, AND teams haven't been collapsing the way that the Sox did last year for hundreds of years. He is silly to think that folks aren't looking far and wide for causes. He should really just shut up and let the Valentine Distraction Machine continue to take emphasis off that whole scenario.

I would hear that from anyone but Lackey. That guy has an opportunity to hide and be forgotten for a while. He should do just that.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

While this may be true, his choice of words is poor, AND teams haven't been collapsing the way that the Sox did last year for hundreds of years. He is silly to think that folks aren't looking far and wide for causes. He should really just shut up and let the Valentine Distraction Machine continue to take emphasis off that whole scenario.
    The word choice is just Lackey trying to show he has picked up some of the Beantown vernacular while he's been here.

Devoted Member

I'd guess so too, but only because it's likely one of the teams ahead of them will falter in some way, whether injuries or under-performance. However, as of right now I have them behind TBR, NYY, LAA, and TEX for the 3 playoff spots available to them. Could easily see all of those teams winning 95+.

Really would have been a helluva playoff race had there just been the one WC.
    DFA ARod.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi Buffon View Post
    Really would have been a helluva playoff race had there just been the one WC.
    Yeah, would have been wild this year between the two AL East losers and the AL West loser. Of course we needed another gimmick to weaken the playoff pool and cheapen the regular season.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

NYYF Legend

Chris Carpenter, the "compensation" for Theo heading to the cubs needs elbow surgery. No idea when he is expected to return.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...ter_to_ha.html

the circus continues as Schilling chimes in:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/C...meshing-032812
    "There's a lot of things I think that are happening not just from his perspective, but when you talk to these guys -- and I'm still talking to some of these guys -- I don't think this is going well. And I think it's going bad quicker than I expected it to."
    "... I always feel like Bobby's trying to re-invent the game. I don't think players have ever responded well to that."

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    the circus continues as Schilling chimes in:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/C...meshing-032812
    "One of [Francona's] strengths I think was understanding that to be a great big league manager, you don't have to know when to hit and run, bunt and change pitchers as much as you need to manage people," Schilling added.
    I agree with Schilling on that point, and think it's one of those things that people consistently miss about Girardi. Doesn't stop me from complaining about bunting etc., but I think there is a lot more to the job than that stuff.

As for Valentine, I hope he explodes spectactularly, but if they play decently I expect some of this stuff to be swept under the rug.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

I come in here today and I see Lackey acting like an idiot, Schilling acting like he's still relevant but still stirring the pot of Bobby V sauce... and the compensation that took months to work out, is still a mess. Today's shaping up to be a great day.
    "Happiness is...a thumb and a blanket."

Devoted Member

Yeah, would have been wild this year between the two AL East losers and the AL West loser. Of course we needed another gimmick to weaken the playoff pool and cheapen the regular season.
    Bud strikes again. The AL playoff race this year with one WC would have been epic.
    DFA ARod.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...penter/?page=2
    Don’t expect Carl Crawford to join the Red Sox until May.Crawford is taking swings at balls off a tee and working on bunts, but has yet to take batting practice thrown by a coach. He would have to progress from there to live batting practice and getting into games.

Valentine said it was not likely that Crawford will see live pitching before the team leaves Florida on Monday. The left fielder will stay behind and continue his program.

Valentine said Crawford would need “50 at-bats somewhere’’ before he can be activated.

“You got to do the math on that one,’’ he said. “That’s 15 games . . . Then you have to get 15 games from the time he starts playing. I think we have a target. It’s not a bull’s-eye.’’

Crawford, who had surgery on his left wrist in January, was initially supposed to be ready a few weeks into the season. But inflammation set him back for about 10 days during camp.

Was a reason ever given for why he waited until January to have surgery?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Covert Yanks fan?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Covert Yanks fan?
    If that's true he sucks at the 'covert' part.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

embedded ray
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    embedded ray
    see, also: Cory Wade

extra 1% baby
    like delv, but better

Now the sawx are "exploring their options" because the player they got in compensation for Theo just had surgery. They want a different player

Theo: "you're best option is to KMA"

Yeah, and then Cashman will just undo the Pineda trade, right Larry?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Now the sawx are "exploring their options" because the player they got in compensation for Theo just had surgery. They want a different player

Theo: "you're best option is to KMA"

Yeah, and then Cashman will just undo the Pineda trade, right Larry?
    I could be wrong, but wasn't there a PTBNL in the compensation?

If not, I agree. Maybe they'll try to undo Crawford's contract next
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I hear they now feel they deserve extra compensation for the Ruth sale to the Yankees.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    I could be wrong, but wasn't there a PTBNL in the compensation?
    They got him already

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...pensation.html
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    In his defense he has been late in a lot of areas. Hitting, throw to home, surgery...
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

Thread Information