+ Reply to Thread
Page 157 of 383 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 167 207 257 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 9568
    Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
    RSN won't like that.
    I'm cool with it. Since Mussina retired, Rivera has been far and away my favorite player on a division rival team. That might not mean a whole lot coming from me because I happen to like a lot of the guys on your team, but Rivera is almost universally respected. I don't personally know any Sox fan who doesn't like him, honestly.

NYYF Legend

Former Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon took a shot at the Fenway faithful Thursday, telling a Philadelphia radio station that Phillies fans "tend to know the game a little better" than fans in Boston, who he said were "a little bit more hysterical when it comes to the game of baseball."
    Papelbon continued: "The Philly fans tend to know the game a little better, being in the National League, you know, the way the game is played."
    Heh...

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...n-red-sox-fans

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    hehe

That will go over well in B hat town.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    hehe

That will go over well in B hat town.
    I suspect a lot of "just paps being paps" and "we always knew he was dumb anyway so why be surprised" and "he wants to make philly fans like him" kind of stuff...and don't forget "one of the 25 though dude" still ridiculous comments that were unnecessary.

I suspect a lot of "just paps being paps" and "we always knew he was dumb anyway so why be surprised" and "he wants to make philly fans like him" kind of stuff...and don't forget "one of the 25 though dude" still ridiculous comments that were unnecessary.
    The funny thing is that he said they know baseball better because they watch National League baseball, which is stupid. That being said, it's not really a knock on Boston. It's a knock on the American League.

NYYF HOF

"It's a religion (in Boston). It's a way of life," Papelbon said on 94WIP's "Angelo Cataldi and The Morning Team." "(Fans) come to the field and they expect certain things out of players. ... It's an environment where you put up or shut up. I enjoyed that. That's what got my motor running every day. ... I've had a guy take off his prosthetic leg and throw it in the bullpen in Boston and want me to sign it."

Not that bad, really.

But, honestly, it's hard to take anything this guy says seriously, even when he's our closer.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

He'd be so much better off if he'd keep his mouth shut.

Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    "It's a religion (in Boston). It's a way of life," Papelbon said on 94WIP's "Angelo Cataldi and The Morning Team." "(Fans) come to the field and they expect certain things out of players. ... It's an environment where you put up or shut up. I enjoyed that. That's what got my motor running every day. ... I've had a guy take off his prosthetic leg and throw it in the bullpen in Boston and want me to sign it."

Not that bad, really.

But, honestly, it's hard to take anything this guy says seriously, even when he's our closer.

Nice spanx.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post

Not that bad, really.

eh, I don't get why he has to take a shot at the fans though...you admit they are passionate and it got your motor running so why not say how much you're looking forward to playing in Philly for passionate fans that know the game and leave it at that..instead of having to compare it to Boston..he wanted to take a shot at Boston for not "respecting him" enough with their offer...I agree he's an idiot but he's also a jerk.

He's a dick.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Maybe they get hysterical because of the historic collapse of your team?

Funny how he seems to know Phillies fans so well -- he hasn't played a real game in front of them yet as a member of the team. Philadelphia fans aren't exactly known for the reason they bring to sports.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Maybe they get hysterical because of the historic collapse of your team?

Funny how he seems to know Phillies fans so well -- he hasn't played a real game in front of them yet as a member of the team. Philadelphia fans aren't exactly known for the reason they bring to sports.
    I think he'll be changing his tune the first time he blows a save and the 'awesome, knowledgable' Phillie fans start whipping D batteries at him...
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

" Eagles fans boo Santa Claus and pelt him with snowballs (December 15, 1968) — Oh, here we go again with this one. All anyone talks about is Philly fans hitting Santa Claus with snowballs. It was MORE THAN 40 YEARS AGO! GET OVER IT! Plus, that’s not the real story. It’s like no one cares about accuracy. Here’s the really story … A) the guy was not actually Santa Claus; it was a guy in a Santa suit; B) he was drunk; and C) he wan’t pelted with snowballs. He was beaten to death with a tire iron. It was my Uncle Mikey who did it. So get your f—king facts straight, jack-off.

Phillies fans routinely throw batteries at Dick Allen, the team’s only black player (1960s) — Sure, don’t tell the whole story. The rest of the story is that Allen started wearing a batting helmet while he was in the field at home games. That kept him safer than any other player out there. But did we ever get a single thanks from him? No. But what can you expect from a lazy, ungrateful black.
    "

http://www.sportspickle.com/news/876...s-explanations
    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Nice spanx.
    If they're good enough for Liz Lemon, they're good enough for Papelbon, too.

I've actually been wearing something similar for years. I started wearing them for weight lifting, then realized they made cardio work and baseball a lot more comfortable. Lycra is ................ing sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I think he'll be changing his tune the first time he blows a save and the 'awesome, knowledgable' Phillie fans start whipping D batteries at him...
    This is the funniest part to me. He wasn't very well liked up here and a lot of us only tolerated him as long as he performed well. I mean, I don't dislike him strongly enough to wish failure upon him, but make no mistake; it's going to be very amusing to watch if it happens.

NYYF HOF

how is bard looking ?
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post
    I've actually been wearing something similar for years. I started wearing them for weight lifting, then realized they made cardio work and baseball a lot more comfortable. Lycra is ................ing sweet.
    Thanks for sharing your workout regimen.

NYYF Legend

It will be interesting to see how Crawford gets treated if he continues to struggle. Last year he essentially got a free pass for his bad performance but I don't think that's going to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Thanks for sharing your workout regimen.
    If you're angling for pics in said lycra, you gotta be more subtle. Now it wouldn't even be classy if I sent them.

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Crawford gets treated if he continues to struggle. Last year he essentially got a free pass for his bad performance but I don't think that's going to happen again.
    I'm willing to just ride things out until he gets healthy because I have no other choice. I don't believe in jeering my own players or making them uncomfortable because that doesn't ever make things better. Fact is, I didn't want Crawford in the first place, but he's here now. Like a welfare family at Christmas, we're just gonna have to make the best of what we have now.

As to the other fans in Boston, they're not as kind. That said, Crawford seems like a very likeable guy and that might buy him some more time to turn things around. I'm still fairly sure he'll contribute something of value over the greater length of his contract, but even if he starts producing this year he'll never live up to it.

If you're angling for pics in said lycra, you gotta be more subtle. Now it wouldn't even be classy if I sent them.

I'm willing to just ride things out until he gets healthy because I have no other choice. I don't believe in jeering my own players or making them uncomfortable because that doesn't ever make things better. Fact is, I didn't want Crawford in the first place, but he's here now. Like a welfare family at Christmas, we're just gonna have to make the best of what we have now.
    Comparing your $142 million acquisition to a welfare handout makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    Comparing your $142 million acquisition to a welfare handout makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
    Are you really arguing that giving crawford $142 million isn't like giving him welfare? Did you see him play last year?

(sorry if I offended anyone with my stupid joke)

Pics of you wearing lycra during one of those intense wiffle ball games in your backyard or while you're pumping iron? No thanks, homey ain't interested. But, many thanks for giving us some insight into your athleticism in the comfort of your lycra attire and sharing it with the rest of the group; I'm sure they're collectively impressed.

i expect 85 wins and chaos. CHAOS

but ................ing fenway always boosts that offense enough so taht they'll win a fair share of games.
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Are you really arguing that giving crawford $142 million isn't like giving him welfare? Did you see him play last year?
    I gotta say, having grown up in the ghetto, watching Carl Crawford underperform while getting paid more than he's worth at his best isn't quite as awful as being on welfare, but it's definitely an amusing comparison.

Pics of you wearing lycra during one of those intense wiffle ball games in your backyard or while you're pumping iron? No thanks, homey ain't interested. But, many thanks for giving us some insight into your athleticism in the comfort of your lycra attire and sharing it with the rest of the group; I'm sure they're collectively impressed.
    I know they say persistence wears down resistance, but you aren't any closer to getting those pictures than you are of convincing any of the regs here that your insecure hositilies are actually clever comebacks.

NYYF Legend

I could be reading this wrong but you seem a bit hostile towards BC? not sure why? he's a good egg.

Thread Information