+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 421 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 148 188 238 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 10501
    NYYF MVP

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Bobbby V sound's like a poster on a message board rationalizing with this analysis....

http://espn.go.com/b...s-yankees-moves

"They're probably an upgrade from [Bartolo] Colon and [Freddy] Garcia," Valentine said on Saturday morning. "Probably. I don't know. It seems it."

He did talk about the potential flaws for each pitcher.

"Pineda, when I saw him the first half, he looked unhittable. Second half, he looked OK," said Valentine. "[The Mariners] saw a lot of him and they traded him.

"Kuroda is a good pitcher -- a year older than he was last year, pitching in the American League and not the National League, pitching in not a great pitcher's ballpark from a great pitcher's ballpark."

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    Bobbby V sound's like a poster on a message board rationalizing with this analysis....

oh man, i hope he turns into another Rex Ryan

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    That's the exact same thought I had. He could have easily acknowledged the Yankees improved, but then pointed to the top 3 in his own rotation -- which still matches up with the Yankees. Guys like this just don't last all that long.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Haha so why were the Red Sox supposedly interested in Kuroda? I get it, it was all a master diversion to get the Yankees to pay Kuroda $10 million for 1 year. We walked right into their trap.

Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    Valentine out douches anyone by a country mile. He's the douchiest douche of all douchers.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Valentine out douches anyone by a country mile. He's the douchiest douche of all douchers.
    Someone just wrote on FB, "eat a dick bobby valentine." Just what he wants....the attention, maybe not the dick.

NYYF Legend

he's going to make that annoying rivalry even more annoying. ugh. he makes himself sound like a buffoon with that comment..must have been eating him alive working for a network where he had to praise the yankees at times. He's still mad that pitcher (Estes?) missed Clemens.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Someone just wrote on FB, "eat a dick bobby valentine." Just what he wants....the attention, maybe not the dick.
    I love how you added the maybe in there.

That could go one way or the other (bringing the thread back on topic, since TheoShmeo is back in full force).
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Well he is an attention whore and whores do want..................nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    I would like this most if the fans would bring back the Padilla Flotilla.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

wtf
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan View Post
    wtf
    I know....

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Perhaps it's semantics. As I said, I had similar concerns as you express with 4/5 of our rotation, but given the offensive and defensive supporting cast I was confident they'd be good to get to the playoffs, and sure as heck would have been shocked to see them cave like the Sox did in September if the shoe was on the other foot. I guess what I'm saying is... having serious reservations in April about a few of the starters =/= not being shocked when the team has the collapse of the century in September.

But of course it can go one way or the other.
    Parse it however you like. I was worried about the Sox starters from jump street and when they got slayed at the end, and the Sox had zero depth on the team or in the minors to help stem the tide, it didn't shock me because that was exactly what I was worried about all season. And yes, all means all...beginning, middle and end.

Similarly, when Grady Little lost his mind against the Yankees in 03, I wasn't shocked because I regarded him as a low grade moron from the beginning and always knew that he was liable to make an epic mistake that would kill the Red Sox.

Okay, so let me get this straight. In Boston, Carl Crawford is being painted as this wonderful, sweet, lovable guy, mega team player and leader who had a rough first year because he "probably" tried so hard to impress his new teammates, his manager, the entire city of Boston and Ted Kennedy's offspring.

Yet, he doesn't answer Bobby V's calls or respond to his voicemails for an entire month and needed Cherington and his agent to intervene before he finally spoke to his field boss to "clear the air" over something Bobby V said about his open stance during a telecast last year.

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/ar...ksrc=foxrg_mlb

But isn't Bobby right? Pineda was 1-5 with a 5 plus ERA in the second half. Kuroda had great numbers last year (and really his whole time in MLB), but any pitcher coming from the NL West to the AL East is bound to experience a whole different and more difficult set of challenges. The same things were rightly said about Mark Melancon and the numbers he put up in the NL Central, and those kind of issues make me glad the Sox are not relying on him as the closer.

Now make no mistake, I would LOVE to have Kuroda or Pineda on the Sox, and those were two slick moves by Cashman. With the Sox going with someone who has no experience at the major league level past two innings per game max at the 4 spot and the winner of the Aaron Cook, Carlos Silva and Felix Doubront Mediocrity Bake-off at the 5 spot, both of Pineda and Kuroda would look very good in Boston right now.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that Bobby's comments were accurate.

Last, I love that Rexy is a loudmouth. It amps up the rivalry and is good fun.

Okay, so let me get this straight. In Boston, Carl Crawford is being painted as this wonderful, sweet, lovable guy and mega team player and leader who had a rough first year because he "probably" tried so hard to impress his teammates, his manager, the entire city of Boston and Ted Kennedy's offspring.

Yet, he doesn't answer Bobby V's calls or respond to his voicemails for an entire month and needed Cherington and his agent to intervene before he finally spoke to his field boss to "clear the air" over something Bobby V said about his open stance during a telecast last year.
    The paint job isn't working with me. Carl was putrid last year, he appeared to be mentally weak and he sure as hell should be responding immediately to his manager. Whatever anyone is trying to sell isn't flying in the least. Crawford has the chance to be among the worst signings in baseball history.

Okay, so let me get this straight. In Boston, Carl Crawford is being painted as this wonderful, sweet, lovable guy, mega team player and leader who had a rough first year because he "probably" tried so hard to impress his new teammates, his manager, the entire city of Boston and Ted Kennedy's offspring.

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/ar...ksrc=foxrg_mlb
    Nice to know the Red Sox are still leaking negative stuff about their players to the press.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Kuroda is a year older now?!?!? Damn, I hope Cashman knew about this when signing him.

Bobby - your entire team is a year older now. Bazinga!
    Auction League: Bitches Brew - 2006, 2007, 2008 Champs
    NYYFans.com League: Bad Apples - 2008 Champs

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yanksphan View Post
    Kuroda is a year older now?!?!? Damn, I hope Cashman knew about this when signing him.
    It's that kind of insight that made him a great analyst.

Ask Carl.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraldGarcia View Post
    But isn't Bobby right? Pineda was 1-5 with a 5 plus ERA in the second half. Kuroda had great numbers last year (and really his whole time in MLB), but any pitcher coming from the NL West to the AL East is bound to experience a whole different and more difficult set of challenges. The same things were rightly said about Mark Melancon and the numbers he put up in the NL Central, and those kind of issues make me glad the Sox are not relying on him as the closer.

Now make no mistake, I would LOVE to have Kuroda or Pineda on the Sox, and those were two slick moves by Cashman. With the Sox going with someone who has no experience at the major league level past two innings per game max at the 4 spot and the winner of the Aaron Cook, Carlos Silva and Felix Doubront Mediocrity Bake-off at the 5 spot, both of Pineda and Kuroda would look very good in Boston right now.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that Bobby's comments were accurate.

Last, I love that Rexy is a loudmouth. It amps up the rivalry and is good fun.
    Dig a little deeper and you'll see that Pineda had an awful stretch in July before getting back on course in August and September. His trends and innings totals don't suggest he is due for a big correction or burnout.

Pineda is a flame thrower with fly ball tendencies moving to a hitter-friendly stadium and an inferior infield defense. Despite this, he misses enough bats and has sharp enough stuff that he should still be a very productive pitcher.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

NYYF Legend

The Mets saw Bobby Valentine a lot and they fired him.

But isn't Bobby right? Pineda was 1-5 with a 5 plus ERA in the second half.
    C'mon Theo. He's right that Pineda had a poor second half. But "The Mariners saw a lot of him and they traded him" isn't a sly putdown of his abilities? And a pretty dumb one at that. The Yankees saw a lot of Montero and they traded him too.

Edit: Ha ha good one kan_t

Parse it however you like. I was worried about the Sox starters from jump street and when they got slayed at the end, and the Sox had zero depth on the team or in the minors to help stem the tide, it didn't shock me because that was exactly what I was worried about all season. And yes, all means all...beginning, middle and end.

Similarly, when Grady Little lost his mind against the Yankees in 03, I wasn't shocked because I regarded him as a low grade moron from the beginning and always knew that he was liable to make an epic mistake that would kill the Red Sox.
    All righty then. Perhaps you could tell us the last disappointment for the team that did in fact shock you. Maybe you are just highly resistant to shock? After all, your former handle was zapped yet here you are.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    The Mets saw Bobby Valentine a lot and they fired him.

If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Thread Information