+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 410 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 145 185 235 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 10237

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Also voted in the poll that the Falcons would beat the Giants.
    Wasn't he the guy who works as a lawyer in New York and roots for some New York teams (other than baseball?) -- the guy you guys think is him (if I'm reading you guys right) doesn't seem like him to me. Or maybe he is -- it could go either way

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Fiber View Post
    Wasn't he the guy who works as a lawyer in New York and roots for some New York teams (other than baseball?) -- the guy you guys think is him (if I'm reading you guys right) doesn't seem like him to me. Or maybe he is -- it could go either way
    I asked him weeks ago outright and he insisted its a case of mistaken identity, but I'm not sold. I was one of the few that didn't want him banned in the first place. There was one incident that was dispicable, but it happened on another board. I don't mind RSN trolls as long as they are intelligent to go along with their bias. I liked debating with TS. of course there are many RSN members who aren't trolls that add a ton of value around here, including carbon fiber.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I asked him weeks ago outright and he insisted its a case of mistaken identity, but I'm not sold.
    I might be thinking of another Red Sox fan, but wasn't there a poster who worked with TS?
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    I might be thinking of another Red Sox fan, but wasn't there a poster who worked with TS?
    Hadn't heard that one. Are you thinking TK8? His coworker is a Yankee fan though.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Hadn't heard that one. Are you thinking TK8? His coworker is a Yankee fan though.
    Yeah, it was TK8. How could I forget that?
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Yeah, it was TK8. How could I forget that?

And I think it was Tommy who was a Jets fan

His story of wearing a batting helmet to YS because of all the abuse he took rooting for the sawx was a classic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

I asked him weeks ago outright and he insisted its a case of mistaken identity, but I'm not sold. I was one of the few that didn't want him banned in the first place. There was one incident that was dispicable, but it happened on another board. I don't mind RSN trolls as long as they are intelligent to go along with their bias. I liked debating with TS. of course there are many RSN members who aren't trolls that add a ton of value around here, including carbon fiber.
    Agree 100%, especially on the banning, unless he was trolling in other, non-sox threads.

I liked debate, and I think we need another villain.

Carbon - you up for the title until we find a real one? Let me know so I can start taking shots at you.
    Team Northern Lights

Agree 100%, especially on the banning, unless he was trolling in other, non-sox threads.

I liked debate, and I think we need another villain.

Carbon - you up for the title until we find a real one? Let me know so I can start taking shots at you.
    Sure... I have thick skin

I had mistakenly morphed both TommyK8 and TheoShmeo into one person - I apologize to both of them if they still lurk. TS was the guy who I believe could be a great lawyer because he was adept at arguing both sides of many issues... But Tommy was the guy who liked many NY teams (and always let us know his gas mileage).

I wonder if many of us wish some people weren't banned... I almost wish instead of banning they'd maybe block people from some areas instead. Like there were a bunch of Yankee fans who seem like they got banned in one quick sweep a while ago...And it seems kind of ridiculous to ban Yankee fans from a Yankee site unless they're -really- out there. There were more, but two quick ones I remember--- I remember a woman named Yankeebot who was generally spot on in her research and knowledge--- I thought she was a great poster (at least from what I saw) and have no idea why she got banned. And there was a guy who everyone kept saying was a reincarnation of another guy -- I am 99.9% sure his 'real' name was supposed to be Barry. Anyway, he was very aggressive/passionate in his positions sometimes, but again, if someone didn't agree with him, I don't see why they didn't just skip his posts and not worry about it.

Besides enjoying the back and forth with you all, I also appreciate how you are partly a reality check for me --- I'm around folks drinking the RS kool-aid 24x7 and I love hearing our 'company lines' get challenged or knocked out by you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Fiber View Post
    Sure... I have thick skin

I had mistakenly morphed both TommyK8 and TheoShmeo into one person - I apologize to both of them if they still lurk. TS was the guy who I believe could be a great lawyer because he was adept at arguing both sides of many issues... But Tommy was the guy who liked many NY teams (and always let us know his gas mileage).

I wonder if many of us wish some people weren't banned... I almost wish instead of banning they'd maybe block people from some areas instead. Like there were a bunch of Yankee fans who seem like they got banned in one quick sweep a while ago...And it seems kind of ridiculous to ban Yankee fans from a Yankee site unless they're -really- out there. There were more, but two quick ones I remember--- I remember a woman named Yankeebot who was generally spot on in her research and knowledge--- I thought she was a great poster (at least from what I saw) and have no idea why she got banned. And there was a guy who everyone kept saying was a reincarnation of another guy -- I am 99.9% sure his 'real' name was supposed to be Barry. Anyway, he was very aggressive/passionate in his positions sometimes, but again, if someone didn't agree with him, I don't see why they didn't just skip his posts and not worry about it.

Besides enjoying the back and forth with you all, I also appreciate how you are partly a reality check for me --- I'm around folks drinking the RS kool-aid 24x7 and I love hearing our 'company lines' get challenged or knocked out by you all.
    Not only did Yankeebot get banned, but she came back as Sharona 1975 and got banned again under that name.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Never knew that. I liked Sharona, thought she was pretty fair and respectful. Never made the connection with Yankeebot.
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Not only did Yankeebot get banned, but she came back as Sharona 1975 and got banned again under that name.

That explains it.

Sharona was great poster too. That's a shame, she had some real baseball knowledge.
    Team Northern Lights

sharona was cool
    always reasonable

She made my motor run. My motor run.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Sharona was one of the best posters on this site. The site lost a lot of bite when the mods decided to RO a bunch of people about 6-12 months ago. There's no one to argue with anymore. When everyone agrees with each other, there's no fun. Now the only people that get arguements with are the new posters with radical ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Sharona was one of the best posters on this site. The site lost a lot of bite when the mods decided to RO a bunch of people about 6-12 months ago. There's no one to argue with anymore. When everyone agrees with each other, there's no fun. Now the only people that get arguements with are the new posters with radical ideas.
    I didn't understand all the bans either. This was right around the time the game threads started getting really draconian too. Plus the rebooting of the Red Sox thread and the no pictures rule.

A certain amount of back and forth, and even a certain amount of over-the-top crap in the game threads, is part of the fun as far as I'm concerned. I don't envy the job of the mods but I think a lighter touch is sometimes needed.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

As yankeebot, she posted some truly vile personal attacks before she was RO'ed. I'll leave it at that.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I didn't understand all the bans either. This was right around the time the game threads started getting really draconian too. Plus the rebooting of the Red Sox thread and the no pictures rule.

A certain amount of back and forth, and even a certain amount of over-the-top crap in the game threads, is part of the fun as far as I'm concerned. I don't envy the job of the mods but I think a lighter touch is sometimes needed.
    Wait...what??
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

I think he means the no GIF rule.

Oh ok.

I'm a one-trick pony, you know.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Aaron Cook for Cy Young.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    I think he means the no GIF rule.
    I could be remembering things incorrectly, but wasn't there a point where clever photoshopping was prohibited in the Red Sox thread? I remember thinking they were specifically trying to stop Mr. Coffee from doing what he does best.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I could be remembering things incorrectly, but wasn't there a point where clever photoshopping was prohibited in the Red Sox thread? I remember thinking they were specifically trying to stop Mr. Coffee from doing what he does best.
    I just remember when Mr Coffee was asking if it would be okay to put photoshopped pics of red sox players in the red sox thread. I remember this, because he was sure to let us know he was, you know, asking for a "friend."

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    As yankeebot, she posted some truly vile personal attacks before she was RO'ed. I'll leave it at that.
    I hope all the victims and their families recovered.

Seriously, it's a message board - how bad could it have been?
    Team Northern Lights

I hope all the victims and their families recovered.

Seriously, it's a message board - how bad could it have been?
    Even on a message board, there are lines you don't cross. She did.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information