+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 422 FirstFirst ... 26 66 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 10544

Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGameEpisode2 View Post
    It'd be like 2004 but a million times worse.
    The NYTimes board back in 2000 was very bad that September.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Post removed by moderator
    Perhaps you missed the friendly reminder above:

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...=1#post7349997
    ~John

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Francona and Ortiz gracious at today's ceremony honoring Mo. See 5:52 mark

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/video...nt_id=19640389
    After Jeter clapped at OD in 2005, what choice do they have? That alone bought us a lifetime of their applause.

Beantown finishes the season in Baltimore. Who here agrees w/me that the O's play their arses off and Girardi plays the kids?
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Geez they are a mess. I thought once the Yankees took those first few from TB and gave the Sox a bit of a breather they might start to get it together a bit... I guess not

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Moving Carl to the 2 slot was just the spark they needed.
    I hear JD Drew is back. Now there's a shot in the arm.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    In close playoff games, I'll take the team with the inferior pitching everytime.
    I was unaware that the assumption was made that the games were going to be close.
    Team Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman View Post
    Its just sad at this point.

I cant even fathom the widespread panic manifesting itself up north.
    My sense is that the Patriots' loss is going to overshadow the Red Sox. I live up here and when you turn on the radio, unless it's specifically a baseball-only show you barely hear anything about the Red Sox from Friday through Monday, and the rest of the week is pretty football-focused as well.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Sox catch a small break today. Angels gagged on a 3-run lead and lost to the A's, all but taking themselves out of the WC scenario.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    Sox catch a small break today. Angels gagged on a 3-run lead and lost to the A's, all but taking themselves out of the WC scenario.
    Not quite. SOSH is in mass suiside mode right now.
    [I]Let's go Yankees![/I]

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

this afternoon's games dropped the red sox to a 76.5% chance to make the playoffs. The Rays are up to 23.0%

Wonder what it will be if the Yankees win the nightcap...

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    My sense is that the Patriots' loss is going to overshadow the Red Sox. I live up here and when you turn on the radio, unless it's specifically a baseball-only show you barely hear anything about the Red Sox from Friday through Monday, and the rest of the week is pretty football-focused as well.
    Once the Pink Sux tank, all they can look to is the Patsies.

Not all Yankee fans are Giants or Jets fans, so I don't think it's the same with us.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    this afternoon's games dropped the red sox to a 76.5% chance to make the playoffs. The Rays are up to 23.0%

Wonder what it will be if the Yankees win the nightcap...
    If the Yanks win tonight and only win, say, 1 out of 3 vs TB, I'd say that Boston is on its own vs the O's, regardless of what the percentages are.

Nobody knows the real story, but in the span of about 12 hours I decided I absolutely, positively despise John Lackey as a human being. The inane verbal exploding after being lifted by his manager (after his only solid outing in forever), and the personal reports that make me sick to my stomach, there is one player I hope never fully rebounds in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by gold23 View Post
    and the personal reports that make me sick to my stomach
    Totally agree. Ugggh...

The Sox need a big performance from Beckett tonight. Their lineup is likely gassed, given how many of them played both games before they traveled and all their top relievers threw a lot of pitches.

Additionally, James Shields gets to face a Noesi and the September Call-up Gang plus Yankee hitters that probably didn't get into Tampa until at least 4 am.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    The Sox need a big performance from Beckett tonight. Their lineup is likely gassed, given how many of them played both games before they traveled and all their top relievers threw a lot of pitches.

Additionally, James Shields gets to face a Noesi and the September Call-up Gang plus Yankee hitters that probably didn't get into Tampa until at least 4 am.
    I expect the Yankees to lose tonight, so tonight is a basic must win game for Boston.

As far as Lackey goes, this might be one of those "Let's wait to hear all the details before jumping to conclusions" situations.

Regarding the Lackey situation, I am not trying to sound like an insensitive contrarian here, but what makes people automatically assume Lackey is the scumbag here?

Maybe his wife cheated on him? Maybe his wife is mean and/or unpleasant? Maybe they mutually just decided to call it quits?

Quote Originally Posted by gold23 View Post
    Nobody knows the real story, but in the span of about 12 hours I decided I absolutely, positively despise John Lackey as a human being. The inane verbal exploding after being lifted by his manager (after his only solid outing in forever), and the personal reports that make me sick to my stomach, there is one player I hope never fully rebounds in his career.
    Can you clarify? The only thing I'd heard about his personal life was a rather tragic report about his wife's health.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Can you clarify? The only thing I'd heard about his personal life was a rather tragic report about his wife's health.
    It came out that he apparently filed for divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by SubwayFanatic View Post
    Regarding the Lackey situation, I am not trying to sound like an insensitive contrarian here, but what makes people automatically assume Lackey is the scumbag here?

Maybe his wife cheated on him? Maybe his wife is mean and/or unpleasant? Maybe they mutually just decided to call it quits?
    He publicly calls out his teammates for booting ground balls!
    His reputation is that of a doosh.
    It is very fair to assume he's the a$$bag here.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Rice14 View Post
    It came out that he apparently filed for divorce.
    Oh, hadn't heard that. Don't know the details, don't care to, but if he bailed on her without cause at this point in her life that's the lowest of low.

Oh, hadn't heard that. Don't know the details, don't care to, but if he bailed on her without cause at this point in her life that's the lowest of low.
    There's always cause.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

I don't like the guy, but there's really no way to no the circumstances surrounding it. For all we know, it was mutual and he's just the one who's filing the paperwork or any other number of scenarios.

If he found himself a hotter chick I'm going to kill myself.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

One of the reasons he chose Boston was because of her, she's from the area. So I think there is more to this story then we know.

Thread Information