+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 422 FirstFirst ... 2 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 10527
  1. #1276
    Addicted Member
    1970cs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hartford

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    its easy to go 10-1 when you score 8.2 runs per start. hes statistically horrible
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/...94982532428523
    There are a couple of appearances out of the bullpen during garbage time thrown into his stats that were really bad, and 2 starts that he got blown out.

  2. #1277

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Not really, he still kinda sucks.

    6.4 K/9
    5.2 BB/9
    10 H/9
    1.7 WHIP
    the guy is like a prospect right now. the good starts matter more than the bad ones. that he is even starting is an improvement in itself
    always reasonable

  3. #1278

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1970cs View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/...94982532428523
    There are a couple of appearances out of the bullpen during garbage time thrown into his stats that were really bad, and one start that he got blown out.
    thats why i said runs per start, not appearance. and if you want to pick apart appearances, might as well bring up that 3 of his 10 starts were against NL teams who were below-average offensively, and two were in NL ballparks

  4. #1279
    Addicted Member
    1970cs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hartford

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    thats why i said runs per start, not appearance. and if you want to pick apart appearances, might as well bring up that 3 of his 10 starts were against NL teams who were below-average offensively, and two were in NL ballparks
    Because Houston and Pitts are pitchers parks? In 8 of his starts he has pitched 5 innings or more and given up 3 or less runs. Don't put him on you're fantasy team, but the guy has been decent.

  5. #1280

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Miller's strung together a few good starts in a row plenty of times before, and he's been a useful enough fill-in so far. Maybe he'll even manage to figure out how to be consistent over longer stretches at some point in the future and will be worth hanging onto for next season. But there's no reason to be convinced that he's fixed in any sort of permanent way now.

  6. #1281

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1970cs View Post
    Because Houston and Pitts are pitchers parks? In 8 of his starts he has pitched 5 innings or more and given up 3 or less runs. Don't put him on you're fantasy team, but the guy has been decent.
    "NL parks" meaning he faced other pitchers instead of DHs. both parks you mentioned were neutral this year, since you're curious

  7. #1282
    Addicted Member
    1970cs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hartford

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    "NL parks" meaning he faced other pitchers instead of DHs. both parks you mentioned were neutral this year, since you're curious
    I wasn't.

  8. #1283

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    still improving on his past performances. fixing does not mean making him an ace, just that he's more than garbage.
    always reasonable

  9. #1284
    Addicted Member
    1970cs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hartford

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    "NL parks" meaning he faced other pitchers instead of DHs. both parks you mentioned were neutral this year, since you're curious
    AL (Dis)Advantage During Interleague Play
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/blog/archives/6989

    This point seems lost on you

  10. #1285
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    the guy is like a prospect right now. the good starts matter more than the bad ones. that he is even starting is an improvement in itself
    He's logged 350 innings as a major leaguer. He's past the prospect stage; that's not to say that he was a good one, his peripherals sucked then also. He had shiny numbers in 2008, but he was also a 23-year-old in A/AA ball. Dude just isn't very good.

    I don't know how Boston's rotation is set, but it's gonna be funny if/when they decide to skip him next week.

  11. #1286

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    i'm saying this because they apparently put him through some sort of program in the minors this year, and he had decent numbers there.
    always reasonable

  12. #1287

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1970cs View Post
    AL (Dis)Advantage During Interleague Play
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/blog/archives/6989

    This point seems lost on you
    you should have read that article, instead of stopping after the title

  13. #1288
    Addicted Member
    1970cs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hartford

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    you should have read that article, instead of stopping after the title
    The loss of run production from not having the DH for an AL club effects their normal run production, therefore the AL pitcher has to give up fewer runs than a normal AL game.

    Perhaps you could have thought about it a little more.

  14. #1289
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    i'm going out on a limb here but i'm thinking

    you don't sh#t about the sox........ = troll

    :d

    bingo!

  15. #1290
    NYYF Cy Young

    BobLoblaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NH

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Watching the Sox lose... Much more enjoyable than watching the Yankees lose.
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

  16. #1291
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Watching the Sox lose... Much more enjoyable than watching the Yankees lose.
    Hopefully the A's pitch better than yesterday.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  17. #1292
    NYYF Cy Young

    BobLoblaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NH

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Hopefully the A's pitch better than yesterday.
    I think it would be difficult to pitch worse, but we'll see.

    EDIT: They're definitely trying...
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

  18. #1293
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Watching the Sox lose... Much more enjoyable than watching the Yankees lose.
    Hmm.....I guess I'll turn on NESN for a minute.

  19. #1294

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Darnell McDonald's pitching, got a huge cheer for throwing the 1st one to the backstop.

  20. #1295
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    still improving on his past performances. fixing does not mean making him an ace, just that he's more than garbage.
    So the Yankees fixed Garcia, Colon, Wade, Logan and Ayala?

  21. #1296
    NYYF Legend

    goin for 27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    He's logged 350 innings as a major leaguer. He's past the prospect stage; that's not to say that he was a good one, his peripherals sucked then also. He had shiny numbers in 2008, but he was also a 23-year-old in A/AA ball. Dude just isn't very good.
    Sounds a lot like Hughes. Shiny numbers in '09, just isn't very good since.....
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

  22. #1297
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Not a whole lot like Hughes. Miller's mL track record wasn't nearly as good and Hughes' command is a lot better. Gonna be interesting to see if they skip him this week.

  23. #1298

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    So the Yankees fixed Garcia, Colon, Wade, Logan and Ayala?
    well, the difference being that the red sox's treatment of miller is more focused. they did send him to the minors to tweak stuff.

    in any case what the yankees do is irrelevant here.
    always reasonable

  24. #1299

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Andrew Miller, Erik Bedard, and John Lackey will pitch against Texas. Tim Wakefield is being pushed back to the series at Toronto.
    Also:

    Don't expect a bunch of call-ups on Thursday. J.D. Drew will be activated and a pitcher will be added from the Pawtucket roster. There are no plans for a third catcher until Ryan Lavarnway is eligible to come back.

    Kevin Youkilis returns on Friday. Beyond that, call-ups will be added as needed.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...on_set_fo.html

  25. #1300
    Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Bedford

    Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

    Was it just me or was Rapuano awful at the plate all ................ing night? I don't think I'm being biased, either, he was awful pretty much every at bat.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts