+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 422 FirstFirst ... 17 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 10544
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

What a mess. I feel like I'm watching a Burnett implosion, but on the other side.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Quote Originally Posted by ring403 View Post
    Does Lackey try to top Carl Crawford's public apology for his performance this season?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-s...e-year-ive-had
    I was actually impressed with Crawford for apologizing to the fans. I'd appreciate that over the smirks, nonchalance, and general delusions that accompany AJ's putrid performances.
    Last edited by jcarey; 09-20-11 at 09:51 AM.

Sox lose first game which was HUGE news as Rays were only 1 1/2 games back and barely a mention on ESPN. No photo, no talk of a collapse, only a link to the score and story.

But the Sox win game 2 and surprise surprise, ESPN is giddy!

Looks like Showalter is reaching down into the Dumpster to start Rick Vanden Hurk on Tuesday. Wish the Yankees could loan them Noesi or Warren or somebody. This could get ugly real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Looks like Showalter is reaching down into the Dumpster to start Rick Vanden Hurk on Tuesday. Wish the Yankees could loan them Noesi or Warren or somebody. This could get ugly real quick.
    Can't we just loan the Sox AJ?

NYYF Legend

if I've figured this out right the Sox have beddard, beckett and Lester lined up for their series with Baltimore Mon-Wed next week so if it comes down to a 1 game playoff with the Rays they can choose from Lackey, Wakefield, Wieland, Acevas (?), Buchholz (?????) and Big Papi.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    if I've figured this out right the Sox have beddard, beckett and Lester lined up for their series with Baltimore Mon-Wed next week so if it comes down to a 1 game playoff with the Rays they can choose from Lackey, Wakefield, Wieland, Acevas (?), Buchholz (?????) and Big Papi.
    There's a good chance it would be against Shields on 3 days rest, although the Sox have hit Shields well.

NYYF Legend

If it comes to a 1 game playoff it's all hands on deck.

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    Can't we just loan the Sox AJ?
    They're desperate but I don't think they're desperate enough to accept that "gift."

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah View Post
    If it comes to a 1 game playoff it's all hands on deck.
    it is, but Beckett and Lester would be on 1 and 0 days rest, so it's reasonable to expect they wouldnt have much to offer unless it was a Randy Johnson in game 6 in '01 scenario where they had the luxury of pulling them extremely early.

As much as I dislike Boston, I am 100% in favor of them qualifying as the wild card over Tampa. I do not want to face the TB staff in a long series. I want to face Boston, where they have absolutely nobody to pitch in three of the seven games.

NYYF Legend

In the begining of 2010, Stark polled 20 baseball "wise men" on best free agent signings.

1. John Lackey (5 years, $82.5 million)
    2. Chone Figgins (4 years, $36 million)
    3. Matt Holliday (7 years, $119 million)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...son&id=4918467

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah View Post
    In the begining of 2010, Stark polled 20 baseball "wise men" on best free agent signings.

1. John Lackey (5 years, $82.5 million)
    2. Chone Figgins (4 years, $36 million)
    3. Matt Holliday (7 years, $119 million)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...son&id=4918467
    Thank god the SOx decided they needed Lackey & Crawford more than Holliday.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by gold23 View Post
    As much as I dislike Boston, I am 100% in favor of them qualifying as the wild card over Tampa. I do not want to face the TB staff in a long series. I want to face Boston, where they have absolutely nobody to pitch in three of the seven games.
    Except they DO have somebody to pitch in 4 games, which is all they need to win. Plus an offense that makes our pitching staff look bad on a fairly regular basis.

I want no part of those Fenway vampires, let them get knocked out now.

IMHO, it does not matter whether the Sox or the Rays take the WC, because both are likely to lose to the Tigers.

NYYF Cy Young

I will sign up for any scenario that causes the redsox to not make the playoffs. Way too much pressure to face them in the ALCS if both teams get there.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by NYIndian2005 View Post
    I will sign up for any scenario that causes the redsox to not make the playoffs. Way too much pressure to face them in the ALCS if both teams get there.

Definitely not with you there...the Rays have a ton of pitching and they're on the rise...that's scary.

Except they DO have somebody to pitch in 4 games, which is all they need to win. Plus an offense that makes our pitching staff look bad on a fairly regular basis.

It's really difficult to win a seven-game set with three pitchers, but two? I don't see it happening. Depending on how healthy Bedard is (and even then he isn't all that formidable) they're most likely sending out a non-major league quality pitcher in those three games not started by Beckett and Lester.

Another article criticizing Theo for failing to address the team's pitching needs:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/R...e-staff-091911

Has the "genius" label finally worn off?
    ~John

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

I suggest that everyone here, including the Beantowners, put on a Yankee cap, since we know that they're rooting for them. Or do they disagree?

Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    I suggest that everyone here, including the Beantowners, put on a Yankee cap, since we know that they're rooting for them. Or do they disagree?

I think it is mixed. Here is a quote from a Red Sox fan on another board I visit when I asked about rooting for the Yanks

I will never, never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, root for a Yankee win. I hope they get swept over the next two weeks by the Rays and Red Sox and miss the playoffs.
    Baseball is life;

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

I think it is mixed. Here is a quote from a Red Sox fan on another board I visit when I asked about rooting for the Yanks
    Said the Beantowner who would sooner piss on a Yankee fan if his house were burning (preferably w/the Yankee fan inside), than root for a Yankee win.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

I will never, never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, root for a Yankee win. I hope they get swept over the next two weeks by the Rays and Red Sox and miss the playoffs.
    It's easy to say that now-- see if his tune doesn't change when the Yankees have clinched and the Sox and Rays are tied for the WC with three games to go, and the Rays are playing NY.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

SoSH has a handful of guys sporting brand new Yankee avatars and having some fun with it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    It's easy to say that now-- see if his tune doesn't change when the Yankees have clinched and the Sox and Rays are tied for the WC with three games to go, and the Rays are playing NY.
    Oh I followed up with, what if Tampa is up a game on the Sox heading into Monday and got some non-commitall "I'll burn that bridge if I have too" type responce.

I really hope the Yanks take 2 from Tampa to clinch and 3 from the Sox while Tampa sweeps the Jays just to see the tone of Red Sox fans next week.
    Baseball is life;

Thread Information