+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 383 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

Quote Originally Posted by 1970cs View Post
    Tasers take the sport out of it, this is much better.

http://youtu.be/VgfDKRNT654

Anyone know why youtube vids now address youtu.be?

Sorry for the OT
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

Addicted Member

It's cheaper to operate servers out of Belarus or Belgium?

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1970cs View Post
    It's cheaper to operate servers out of Belarus or Belgium?
    That's the reason? Thank you
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

NYYF Legend

Sean_McAdam Sean McAdam by SBerthiaumeESPN

Dan Wheeler and Bobby Jenks both to the DL to make room for Hill, Atchison.

This is one weird thread. What's up here? Why a special place for sox updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Welcome!

Many teams have their own thread here at NYYFans!

I believe that's all I'm permitted to say.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Read the first post of the thread. This is the place to talk about the Red Sox - anything going on with the team. Good conversation is promoted, polite disagreements expected, finger-pointing/attacks/rude posting not allowed.
    Let the kids play.

Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar

I love how Theo got stroked for his genius bullpen moves this offseason. Has worked out really well so far. Heck, Feliciano has done more for the Yankees by not pitching than Jenks/Wheeler have done for the Sox.

Between the pen issues, Crawford's slow start and the 40 sOPS+ they've gotten from their two-headed C monster (while Martin, who was available to them, is rocking the 156 OPS+ for the Yanks), I'd say Theo should be taking some mad heat right now. He's dang fortunate that the Padres gift-wrapped Gonzalez for him.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I love how Theo got stroked for his genius bullpen moves this offseason. Has worked out really well so far. Heck, Feliciano has done more for the Yankees by not pitching than Jenks/Wheeler have done for the Sox.

Between the pen issues, Crawford's slow start and the 40 sOPS+ they've gotten from their two-headed C monster (while Martin, who was available to them, is rocking the 156 OPS+ for the Yanks), I'd say Theo should be taking some mad heat right now. He's dang fortunate that the Padres gift-wrapped Gonzalez for him.
    nonsense. Cashman is only GM allowed to be bashed around here

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Welcome!

Many teams have their own thread here at NYYFans!

I believe that's all I'm permitted to say.

Am I allowed to laugh?

NYYF Legend

Theo has a poor history of FA signings. We obviously can't call Crawford a bad signing yet, but he seemed overpaid at the time, and he's looked terrible in the early going.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Sean_McAdam Sean McAdam by SBerthiaumeESPN

Dan Wheeler and Bobby Jenks both to the DL to make room for Hill, Atchison.

Probably because he's limitted to 140 characters, but he forgot to mention that both were placed on the DL with acute cases of suck. The team fears that the condition may be terminal.

Aceves is scheduled to start for the Pawsox tonight, if he doesn't, it probably means he's starting for the Red Sox tomorrow.

Theo has a poor history of FA signings. We obviously can't call Crawford a bad signing yet, but he seemed overpaid at the time, and he's looked terrible in the early going.
    Or, if you look at it the other way, overpaying Crawford means $3-5M a year he doesn't have to waste on another Jenks/Wheeler.

He's not generally a slow starter and he's hit well at Fenway before this year. I would assume the speculation is the high expectations in a high-profile club, but it could be some small nagging injury affecting his swing.....we've seen that happen often enough. Still, what he may do in the second half could completely erase what we're seeing now. Long way to go.
    Let the kids play.

It's still a terrible signing, his career production didn't warrant that type of cash thrown his way.

That being said, is Theo ever gonna build a competent bullpen? Kinda pissed we wont see Wheeler or Jenks.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    It's still a terrible signing, his career production didn't warrant that type of cash thrown his way.

That being said, is Theo ever gonna build a competent bullpen? Kinda pissed we wont see Wheeler or Jenks.
    Atchinson and/or Hill have the potential to be equally bad, if not worse. Atchinson is getting shelled right now and they're not gonna take him out because of the game last night. He'll probably be sent down after today
    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGRESSIVE

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Atchinson and/or Hill have the potential to be equally bad, if not worse. Atchinson is getting shelled right now and they're not gonna take him out because of the game last night. He'll probably be sent down after today
    Sometimes you have to take one for the team. They probably told him, you are in there for 4 innings or 100 P which ever comes first.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Crawford is far from done. Overpaid? Sure why not. I mean who isn't these days. But it is still early and he will most likely get it together.

Truthfully who in the AL East looks good right now? No one is running away with it.
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Sometimes you have to take one for the team. They probably told him, you are in there for 4 innings or 100 P which ever comes first.
    Fortunately for him and his family, he doesn't have a split contract, so he gets MLB min+ either way. Aceves did get scratched, so he's probably starting vs. the Twins tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Fortunately for him and his family, he doesn't have a split contract, so he gets MLB min+ either way. Aceves did get scratched, so he's probably starting vs. the Twins tomorrow.
    Don't they need to make a roster move to bring him up?
    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Don't they need to make a roster move to bring him up?
    They have to send Atchison down, but Tito said Wakefield is starting tomorrow, then Buchholz, then Dice-K. Still, they did scratch Aceves from his PawSox start and Atchison isn't going to be available to pitch for days, so something's got to happen.

NESN talked to Atchison, he said he's going back to Pawtucket.

What's uglier? John Lackey's peripherals or John Lackey?

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    What's uglier? John Lackey's peripherals or John Lackey?
    Please ask that question in the Sports Bar where it belongs.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post

If I'm not mistaken, I thought they were big players for Martin buy he simply chose NY. I may be wrong though.

I think Crawford will bounce back, but we have some serious issues at C and it's not looking up anytime soon. At this point, I wished they had just overpaid for Victor (although he's only played 17 games this year and caught 5 of them, so who knows how that would've turned out)

I guess Dice is getting bumped from Friday to Sunday, and Wake is going tomorrow night. Ooof.

Thread Information