+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 422 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 187 227 277 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 10544
  1. #4401

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Will the guy who steals signs from behind the scoreboard be honored?
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

  2. #4402
    The forgotten hero hellonewman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    If we are to include World Series appearances - winning the pennant and the series, the Sox would have 6 years of success. Hence, I can't see how the Sox had more than 6 successful years in 100 years.
    Which ties them for fourth during that time frame. In the aggregate they've actually had a fairly successful 100 years, even if it's been an extreme case of gold bookending crap.

  3. #4403
    let's go rangers! Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Well they do have that one time with Fisk using the force to keep the ball fair. That's a moment that doesn't get nearly enough attention.
    Boo for trading Prado.

  4. #4404

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Will the guy who steals signs from behind the scoreboard be honored?
    He's the unsung hero. The guy who relays the signals from CF is the one who gets all the glory.

  5. #4405
    Addicted Member
    1970cs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    through the looking glass

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Will the guy who steals signs from behind the scoreboard be honored?
    There is much better coverage for both sides of the plate from the Bleacher Bar in CF.


    http://bleacherbarboston.com/flash/#/gallery/

  6. #4406

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Looks like a holding cell.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  7. #4407

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    What a bunch of stiffs they're parading out there.

    Not the old guys-- I just looked at today's line-up.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  8. #4408
    NYYF Legend

    wexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The BK

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    My memory of Fenway Park is from 1983 when my sister was going to BU Law.
    We went to a game against the Jays and a block from Fenway a black cabbie turned down the street and a bunch of white folks started kicking the doors of the cab and yelling "Get the f**k out of here ni88er."

    made a good impression on me...
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

  9. #4409
    Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    India

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Is that the Jurassic Park theme song they were playing?
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

  10. #4410

    Re: The Red Sox Thread



    What a bargain! Only $35 for your authentic plain white hat!

  11. #4411
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wexy View Post
    My memory of Fenway Park is from 1983 when my sister was going to BU Law.
    We went to a game against the Jays and a block from Fenway a black cabbie turned down the street and a bunch of white folks started kicking the doors of the cab and yelling "Get the f**k out of here ni88er."

    made a good impression on me...
    Wow, that's terrible.

  12. #4412
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post


    What a bargain! Only $35 for your authentic plain white hat!
    ... you can make the same hat out of toilet paper.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  13. #4413

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    If they accidentally washed that hat with one of the red socks it would be the highest selling item in Fenway history.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  14. #4414
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    If they accidentally washed that hat with one of the red socks it would be the highest selling item in Fenway history.
    It would be pink.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

  15. #4415
    Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Bedford

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Which ties them for fourth during that time frame. In the aggregate they've actually had a fairly successful 100 years, even if it's been an extreme case of gold bookending crap.
    It's actually slightly better; over the past 100 full seasons (therefore, excluding this abomination of an April), the Sox have secured 6 WS trophies (3rd behind the Cards and Yanks) and 10 pennants (6th behind NYY, LAD, STL, SFG, and OAK). Gold bookending crap was probably one of the better ways you could have put this (I got a kick out of it, anyway). Like you said, though, really not all that bad in the scheme of things.

    This season, on the other hand...

  16. #4416
    Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Bedford

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    What a bunch of stiffs they're parading out there.

    Not the old guys-- I just looked at today's line-up.
    The only good thing I saw this whole game was Pedro in the booth. I actually stopped everything I was doing just to listen. I got two different sarcastic text messages from friends suggesting the Sox should go after Petey. I'd say that's a pretty good indication how most of us feel about the rotation.

  17. #4417
    The forgotten hero hellonewman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post
    It's actually slightly better; over the past 100 full seasons (therefore, excluding this abomination of an April), the Sox have secured 6 WS trophies (3rd behind the Cards and Yanks)
    The A's have won 7 times since 1912, 3 in Philly, 4 in Oakland.

  18. #4418
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Were Laptop's mechanics altered to reduce the risk of an injury? There was no way he was repeating 2010 with those peripherals, but he looks dreadful.

  19. #4419

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    No Sox other than Gagne, right Sen. Mitchell?



  20. #4420

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    A match made in heaven.



  21. #4421
    Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Queens
    Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post


    What a bargain! Only $35 for your authentic plain white hat!
    How very... Boston.

  22. #4422

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Yankee fans were invited too.



  23. #4423
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    How very... Boston.

  24. #4424

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Ready for some douche chills? Don't worry, Varitek thinks they're jerks too:

    http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/video/p...74381&c_id=mlb


  25. #4425

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Ready for some douche chills? Don't worry, Varitek thinks they're jerks too:

    http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/video/p...74381&c_id=mlb
    I couldn't watch more than five seconds of that garbage. How does Varitek fit in?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts