+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 421 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 179 219 269 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 10501

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    Someone in the Boston front office leaked priviliged medical information and details of Francona's personal life in order to discredit and smear him. Only a handful of people had access to Tito's medical files, it would not be very difficult for Henry and Lucchino to figure out the source of the leak if they were so inclined. Their inaction and indifference speaks volumns.

Bravo for Tito!!
    It was probably Lucchino leaking the information so they knew who the leak was, just did not want to say it in public since it will implicate them.

This is some awesome stuff:

However, according to Francona earlier this week Lucchino called him and “got a little perturbed at me, telling me I was being unfair to them” and “we ended up getting into an argument.”
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...arry-lucchino/

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    It certainly is:

The Sox have invited every living ex-player and manager back for the ballpark’s centennial celebration, but Francona rejected the offer in a phone call with owner John Henry last month, and again Monday when Lucchino called.

“Larry called me yesterday,’’ Francona said Tuesday. “I was in a phone store in Arizona. I had three people standing around me. I was at a little bit of a disadvantage. He got a little perturbed at me, telling me I was being unfair to them. I called him back last night and left him a message. He called me back and we ended up getting into an argument. I just feel like someone in the organization went out of their way to hurt me and the more we talked I realized we’re just not on the same wavelength. They’re probably better off going forth and leaving me out of it.’’

“I thought there was some uncertainty as to whether he had actually gotten the invitation,’’ said Lucchino. “He’s going to be here on the 22d for the Sunday night game so I called him and invited him and he declined. It was a sincere invitation for him to come back. He has an exalted place in our history and we were hoping it would be convenient and comfortable for him to come back and we were hoping it would be.’’

Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar

This is only going to make it tougher for the organization to find Valentine's replacement next year
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

On a side note- Terry has done very well as a commentator. Good insight and a sense of humor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    On a side note- Terry has done very well as a commentator. Good insight and a sense of humor
    That's one of the things I miss about him -- -he was almost always entertaining and funny in the million "talk with the manager" interviews he had to do...

I am so bummed about this situation... It's one thing for LL to be a complete and total, umm, well I don't want to go beyond the CS so I won't comment, but the treatment of Francona both during and after his dismissal is very disappointing.

Enjoying the Bobby V era tremendously so far.

Sports radio in Boston seems to be hyping up the idea that the team, or at least certain players such as Josh Beckett, will get booed at Friday's home opener ... I have a hard time believing that the crowd will be hostile to start the evening, but a bad night could be very entertaining.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Was watching Felger today. Apparently, John Henry will NOT be at the home opener tomorrow as he is in London dealing with a changing of the guard with the soccer club. Those guys were losing their minds, basically putting forth the idea that the Red Sox are not the priority of this ownership group, just a piece of the corporation. It was great, they showed photos from last nights match, Henry all smiles with a gimlet in his hand.

Fenway is a dump (according to Luke Scott):

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...nway-park-dump

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post

Just their arrogance," Scott told MLB.com at the time. "The fans come in and they take over the city. They're ruthless, they're vulgar, they cause trouble, they talk about your family, swear at you. Who likes that? When people do that, it just gives you more incentive to beat them.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post

He's right, it is a dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    He's right, it is a dump.
    I was there once- sat on the 1st base side and the seats faced out to right field, so you have to swivel your head/body to see home plate

Clever

Has that been fixed in the numerous renovations?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

I hate Luke Scott and everything he stands for, but for once, the man has a point.

I was there once- sat on the 1st base side and the seats faced out to right field, so you have to swivel your head/body to see home plate

Clever

Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    I hate Luke Scott and everything he stands for, but for once, the man has a point.
    Amen brother.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/s...ow-strain.html
    Carl Crawford revealed on Friday that he has a strained left elbow, pushing back his rehabilitation schedule by at least a week.

Crawford had been close to getting into games at extended spring training as he attempts to come back from offseason wrist surgery. He was slated to serve as a designated hitter this week before he was sent to Boston on Tuesday to get an MRI on an elbow that had been bothering him for "a couple weeks."

Glass Carl
    Hank 'N Hal's Country Club -- where accountability is soooo 1990s!

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Glass Carl
    well played

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Was watching Felger today. Apparently, John Henry will NOT be at the home opener tomorrow as he is in London dealing with a changing of the guard with the soccer club. Those guys were losing their minds, basically putting forth the idea that the Red Sox are not the priority of this ownership group, just a piece of the corporation. It was great, they showed photos from last nights match, Henry all smiles with a gimlet in his hand.
    lol I have not seen photos but I could imagine.

Lackey is also going to skip the opening. I wonder if Theo will be there?
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

Clever

I've been there three times in my lifetime, three times more than I can care to visit again.

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Glass Carl
    Better to be a Glass Carl than a Hot Carl, I suppose.

Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar

How were the opening day festivities at Fenway? Anyone get booed?
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yanksfanintoronto View Post
    How were the opening day festivities at Fenway? Anyone get booed?
    Twitter says both Bobby V and Beckett heard a smattering.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Devoted Member

Jacoby Ellsbury is going to miss some time. He looked like he separated his right shoulder pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by JBursch23 View Post
    Jacoby Ellsbury is going to miss some time. He looked like he separated his right shoulder pretty badly.
    Yeah, hard slide into second and Brignac landed hard on Ellsbury's extended arm.

Thread Information