+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 422 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 174 214 264 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 10532
    NYYF Triple Crown

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Jays give the Sox a run in the standings this year....

Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JOBA RULES View Post
    Could be irrelevant if they are 3rd and 4th .... oh what Joy that would give me
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

WEEI reporting that Andrew Bailey's injury is to the UCL (yes there is a UCL in the thumb too) of his thumb.
    That injury requires surgery, a cast for 4-6 weeks, and he's likely out 2-3 months
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    WEEI reporting that Andrew Bailey's injury is to the UCL (yes there is a UCL in the thumb too) of his thumb.
    That injury requires surgery, a cast for 4-6 weeks, and he's likely out 2-3 months
    One can only hope Bobby V would injure the UCL to his mouth and shut up for at least 2-3 months...
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by JOBA RULES View Post

Everyone seems to be picking Boston 3rd or 4th.
    "I'm sorry Smokey, you were over the line, that's a foul....mark it zero Dude, next frame"

NYYF Legend

According to Ham he could be out for even longer...

Jarrod Saltamacchia had that surgery near the end of the 2010 season. The surgery typically takes 3-4 months of recovery time. Given that Bailey is a pitcher, it could be longer given that he would need time to rebuild his arm strength and regain his command.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...all#readerComm

Saltalamacchia hurt it signing his name.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Heh, looks like two Yankee castoffs fighting for the closer role until Bard bombs out of the rotation.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

The rotation is a mess (Lester/Beckett/Laptop aren't even a top 5 in the league) and the bullpen is a disaster. This will probably blow up in my face, but I'm enjoying this a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    The rotation is a mess (Lester/Beckett/Laptop aren't even a top 5 in the league) and the bullpen is a disaster. This will probably blow up in my face, but I'm enjoying this a lot.
    Im waiting to see How Beckett pitches without Varitek..Just watch the 30 Clubs in 30 Days edition of the Sox.....Cody Ross is going to protect Ortiz????

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    One can only hope Bobby V would injure the UCL to his mouth and shut up for at least 2-3 months...
    On which planet?

I'm just waiting for that ever-humble microphone and camera avoider, Schill, to not say anything about the ever-humble, non-taunting Valentine. Should be fun.

*grabs some buttered popcorn*
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Just read this in the Hartford Courant. Love it.
    Wasn't Valentine an ESPN analyst while Schill pitched? So what's Valentine complaining about?

Just think, sometime next year, Bobby can join Curt on the analyst's seat.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Devoted Member

That hurts. The Bailey acquisition was the best thing they did all offseason. My feeling is that the Aceves bubble will burst soon enough.
    DFA ARod.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi Buffon View Post
    That hurts. The Bailey acquisition was the best thing they did all offseason. My feeling is that the Aceves bubble will burst soon enough.
    It's an interesting situation that they've ended up with Aceves playing a key role in the bullpen and Bard in the rotation. Part of my feels like they're finally taking that "bridge year" and just trying to develop Bard as a starter, regardless of what happens to the pen in 2012
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    It's an interesting situation that they've ended up with Aceves playing a key role in the bullpen and Bard in the rotation. Part of my feels like they're finally taking that "bridge year" and just trying to develop Bard as a starter, regardless of what happens to the pen in 2012
    Yeah, but a $170 million bridge to where? Organizationally, are you going to let an entire season go down the tubes to develop a starter? We are not talking about KC or Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Yeah, but a $170 million bridge to where? Organizationally, are you going to let an entire season go down the tubes to develop a starter? We are not talking about KC or Pittsburgh.
    I agree not after missing the playoffs two years in a row already.

I don't think their season hinges on Bard -- but they've got a few other holes they could have been more aggressive about filling (if they were "all-in" this year, do they really trade Scutaro?).

To be clear, I don't think they are throwing in the towel, but they also don't seem to be putting everything into 2012
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I agree not after missing the playoffs two years in a row already.
    And especially their September flame out

They're essentially all in anyway in terms of payroll unless they really act out of character and blow through the luxury tax limit.

The new CBA really hurt them because they are stuck w/ long term investments that limit their flexibility. They've always respected the luxury tax limit and the new CBA cements that in stone. Given the new strictures and the injuries and Valentine's tired act and this could be a very entertaining season for Yanks fans
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    I don't think their season hinges on Bard -- but they've got a few other holes they could have been more aggressive about filling (if they were "all-in" this year, do they really trade Scutaro?).

To be clear, I don't think they are throwing in the towel, but they also don't seem to be putting everything into 2012
    Well, they used the Scutaro $$$$ on Punto (a serviceable replacement for Scutaro) and Cody Ross, which addressed a direct need. So, I dont think the Scutaro trade has much to do with them being "all in" or not. I think the fact that they traded Lowrie (oft injured but productive) and Reddick, two decent prospects who could have filled needs, for Melancon and Bailey in the pen, and spent money on Ross shows that they were as "all in" as much as the FO would lead you to believe they are capable of (luxury tax threshold).

Well, they used the Scutaro $$$$ on Punto (a serviceable replacement for Scutaro) and Cody Ross, which addressed a direct need. So, I dont think the Scutaro trade has much to do with them being "all in" or not. I think the fact that they traded Lowrie (oft injured but productive) and Reddick, two decent prospects who could have filled needs, for Melancon and Bailey in the pen, and spent money on Ross shows that they were as "all in" as much as the FO would lead you to believe they are capable of (luxury tax threshold).
    Well, to my knowledge, Punto isn't going to be starting, but fair point about Ross. Generally, though, I can tell you that their offseason moves are facing significant questions up here (especially with the oft-injured Bailey hurt again), and expectations are the lowest they've been in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    Wasn't Valentine an ESPN analyst while Schill pitched? So what's Valentine complaining about?

Just think, sometime next year, Bobby can join Curt on the analyst's seat.
    That would be like an episode of South Park

NYYF MVP

So strange.

Bobby V on ESPN NY Radio each week

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-s...adio-each-week

Starting today at 4:30 p.m., Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine will call in for a weekly segment on the Michael Kay Show on ESPN New York Radio 1050. Each week, we'll also promote the appearance right here on ESPNBoston.com and recap it with the audio clip and partial transcript. The time and day will vary from week to week, but we'll keep you updated. For starters, you can CLICK HERE to listen today at 4:30.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    So strange.

Bobby V on ESPN NY Radio each week

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-s...adio-each-week
    Wow.... Just the thing I want to hear.
    One numbskull talking to another ignoramus.... perfect.
    No thanks.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

robneyer@robneyer
    Alfredo Aceves, Not Mark Melancon, To Close In Andrew Bailey's Absence

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    robneyer@robneyer
    Alfredo Aceves, Not Mark Melancon, To Close In Andrew Bailey's Absence
    it keeps on getting better and better. who eats up all those innings in relief now?

Thread Information