+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 421 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 150 190 240 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 10524

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GeraldGarcia View Post
    I'm not seeing how you're getting that I have an amazing ability to prepare from what I said or anything else.

I thought the lack of starting pitching depth had a strong probability of biting them in the arse in 2011 and it turned out that I was right. That goes to my ability to predict, not prepare. As I said, having an idea that something bad is coming doesn't make that bad thing any easier to deal with once it comes to fruition.

You're right about the passion. That passion tells me that my team is about to make the same mistake again in 2012. Pitching is everything and the Sox are going into the season hoping that experiments and band aids are going to account for 40% of the rotation, and that the other 60% are going to bounce back from substandard or injured years and finishes.

If and when that costs them, my reaction will have nothing to do with preparation or seeing two possible outcomes. It will be disappointment that they didn't set themselves up better to compete.

Another poster asked about Ortiz. He accepted arbitration so will be back with the Sox next year no matter what. They have not come to a deal yet and that usually happens closer to the hearing.
    Going round and round with GeraldGarcia seems to be a similar experience to going round and round with TheoSchmeo.

I'll say it again... if having some reservations in April about a rotation supporting a team that was loaded and heralded as possibly the best team in the history of that franchise enables you to ho-hum that Extreme Suckage, then that's super. I don't buy it, but then again you don't need me to.

Hey look, the DOW just dropped TEN THOUSAND points overnight. I had an inkling a few months ago that there were some issues in the economy, so I'm not really shocked.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Just when you thought the Sox were running low on players to hate:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...r-league-deal/
    as soon as I heard the Sox had an interest, I thought this punk and the obnoxious manager are really going to ratchet up the rivalry. blech.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Going round and round with GeraldGarcia seems to be a similar experience to going round and round with TheoSchmeo.
    oh yeah, it's him...words like psychobabble, backside, arse and his fear and loathing of Grady Little..no answers less than 5 paragraphs...please. I guess he got himself a new IP address ..and notice he hasn't denied he is GG despite several people calling him out. how pathetic that he gets banned and has to find a way to come back to a rival's board.

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    oh yeah, it's him...words like psychobabble, backside, arse and his fear and loathing of Grady Little..no answers less than 5 paragraphs...please. I guess he got himself a new IP address ..and notice he hasn't denied he is GG despite several people calling him out. how pathetic that he gets banned and has to find a way to come back to a rival's board.
    "Two possible outcomes" is a dead giveaway.

as soon as I heard the Sox had an interest, I thought this punk and the obnoxious manager are really going to ratchet up the rivalry. blech.

"He’s perhaps best known for being one of the game’s most aggressive head hunters."

"That's playing the game the right way" says Joshie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

NYYF Legend

So Carl Crawford just had wrist surgery and is questionable to be ready for OD.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    The gift that keeps on giving.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    He probably hurt it with that amazing sliding catch he made for the final out of the Sox' 2011 season.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

He probably hurt it with that amazing sliding catch he made for the final out of the Sox' 2011 season.

I lol'd

Anyone got a gif? B-ball?

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Thank you Pure gold.

You can always count on Carl for at least 3% effort.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    You can always count on Carl for at least 3% effort.
    The best part is that he lobbed the ball in nonchalantly, with a complete (and slow) windup, as if it were softball practice in Central Park, not the last play of the year with the entire season on the line.

Devoted Member

Crawford is getting a nice little salary bump from $14 mil to $19.5 mil in 2012.
    Plays the game the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi Buffon View Post
    Crawford is getting a nice little salary bump from $14 mil to $19.5 mil in 2012.

Not to mention: 13:$20M, 14:$20.25M, 15:$20.5M, 16:$20.75M, 17:$21M

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Not to mention: 13:$20M, 14:$20.25M, 15:$20.5M, 16:$20.75M, 17:$21M
    Sweet, now he can afford to add voicemail to his cell phone plan, you know, in case anyone important tries to reach him.

Sweet, now he can afford to add voicemail to his cell phone plan, you know, in case anyone important tries to reach him.
    Or at least hire someone to retrieve it for him in case he has trouble hitting the keypad. I wonder how many messages he ignored from his agent as a free agent looking for some team to overpay him.

Wait ... not getting the cell phone jokes. What did I miss?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Wait ... not getting the cell phone jokes. What did I miss?
    Valentine was trying to call him since getting hired. Crawford saw Valentine's number and wondered how that ESPN bastard got his cell phone # and figured he was calling to bitch about his open batting stance some more so he put Bobby's number on "straight to voicemail".

Eventually Crawford's agent told Carl that Bobby was going to be his new manager and mediated a phone call between the two:

Carl: Tell Bobby that he can take his suggestions for my batting stance and stick them straight up his goofy grinning ass.

Agent: Carl says he really values your opinions as a manager and looks forward to working with you for years to come and bringing another world title to Boston.

Bobby: Ask that spread eagle batting stance having MFer why he doesn't answer the phone when his manager calls, and tell him Spring Training is going to be Hell on Earth for him until he learns to stand at the plate like a guy trying to hit a baseball and not a guy trying to face hump a rhinoceros!

Agent: Bobby says he's really been looking forward to speaking with you to clear the air and start the season off on the same page, and that he knows the player we saw last year is not the real Carl Crawford and they will work hard to get you back to the superstar player who signed that $142M contract.

Carl: F him.

Bobby: F him.

Agent: Sounds like you guys are on the same page. Here's to a great 2012 season for each of you.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan View Post
    Valentine was trying to call him since getting hired. Crawford saw Valentine's number and wondered how that ESPN bastard got his cell phone # and figured he was calling to bitch about his open batting stance some more so he put Bobby's number on "straight to voicemail".

Eventually Crawford's agent told Carl that Bobby was going to be his new manager and mediated a phone call between the two:

Carl: Tell Bobby that he can take his suggestions for my batting stance and stick them straight up his goofy grinning ass.

Agent: Carl says he really values your opinions as a manager and looks forward to working with you for years to come and bringing another world title to Boston.

Bobby: Ask that spread eagle batting stance having MFer why he doesn't answer the phone when his manager calls, and tell him Spring Training is going to be Hell on Earth for him until he learns to stand at the plate like a guy trying to hit a baseball and not a guy trying to face hump a rhinoceros!

Agent: Bobby says he's really been looking forward to speaking with you to clear the air and start the season off on the same page, and that he knows the player we saw last year is not the real Carl Crawford and they will work hard to get you back to the superstar player who signed that $142M contract.

Carl: F him.

Bobby: F him.

Agent: Sounds like you guys are on the same page. Here's to a great 2012 season for each of you.
    Well done, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Or at least hire someone to retrieve it for him in case he has trouble hitting the keypad. I wonder how many messages he ignored from his agent as a free agent looking for some team to overpay him.
    Also well done, haha.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    "He’s perhaps best known for being one of the game’s most aggressive head hunters."

"That's playing the game the right way" says Joshie
    Didn't Cherington say he wanted quality character guys?

Didn't Cherington say he wanted quality character guys?
    In Boston 'quality guy' means 'doesn't drink all the good beer before the fifth inning and saves you a drumstick'.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

In Boston 'quality guy' means 'doesn't drink all the good beer before the fifth inning and saves you a drumstick'.
    i just laughed out loud for real..I love your quick wit.

... and doesn't insist on 1-player video games, instead opting for multi-player games that can involve his teammates.

Thread Information