+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 411 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 10274

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Apparently Morad is letting him go w/o compensation

Shows how he feels about the Agon trade and Hoyers abilities in general - addition by subtraction
    There just long enough to make a sweetheart deal for his buddy Theo who is now rewarding him with another GM job. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by justtxyank View Post
    There just long enough to make a sweetheart deal for his buddy Theo who is now rewarding him with another GM job. Sigh...
    Like I said, if I'm a Padres fan I would be pissed as it appears Hoyer doesn't have the best interest of the Padres organization in his thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Like I said, if I'm a Padres fan I would be pissed as it appears Hoyer doesn't have the best interest of the Padres organization in his thoughts.
    I think Padres fans should have realized that when the deal first happened. If I were a team owner I'd be leery of hiring any of Epstein's frat boy proteges and letting the make deals with him. Very incestuous.

NYYF Legend

It's done, according to source: Hoyer to join Theo as GM of Cubs, Byrnes new GM in SD
    http://twitter.com/#!/GordonEdes/sta...00249419423745

I despise the Cubs. Outside of the Red Sox, they are my least favorite team. But I like this move for them. As much crap as we give Theo, he did change the Red Sox for the better, and hopefully he can do that for the Cubs.

Kind of like when Gabe Paul traded Graig Nettles to the Yankees for a bunch of junk shortly before he became part of an an investment group organized by George Steinbrenner to purchase the Yankees. Talk about your conflict of interests. Of course he made that trade not knowing he was going to the Yankees. wink-wink nudge-nudge
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Kind of like when Gabe Paul traded Graig Nettles to the Yankees for a bunch of junk shortly before he became part of an an investment group organized by George Steinbrenner to purchase the Yankees. Talk about your conflict of interests. Of course he made that trade not knowing he was going to the Yankees. wink-wink nudge-nudge
    Or the Yankees fram club in KC in the 50s & 60s.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

"You're gonna let me call the shots, right Theo? I am the GM after all."
    -"Definitely. "

Scumbag lapdog.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I hated that trade when it was made and didn't consider Charlie Spikes and Big Bad John Ellis junk.

They're reporting a 5 year deal for Hoyer- he'll need it. Hard to imagine the stench of this whole thing would make him a good hire if he had to go back on the open market
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

They're reporting a 5 year deal for Hoyer- he'll need it. Hard to imagine the stench of this whole thing would make him a good hire if he had to go back on the open market
    We joke about a lot of stuff, but I recall a post awhile ago where saying Casey Kelly would be traded for Adrian Gonzalez and Hoyer would end up with a special consultant job back in Boston.

It kind of actually happened.

I know Rizzo having a good week in MLB validated the trade for a certain sox poster here, but it doesn't look like it did for Hoyer's bosses.
    Team Northern Lights

Curt Young re-joins the A's.

If Theo wins a WS with the Cubs, he'll forever leave his mark on the game and will be talked about for generations to come - as a man defiantly staring two "curses" in the face and defeating both. The only question after that is who will play him in the movie?

Oh...and may Theo's successor(s) in Boston fail and fail badly, just like those who preceded him.

NYYF Cy Young

Hoyers parting words .... You stay classy San Diego
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    If Theo wins a WS with the Cubs, he'll forever leave his mark on the game and will be talked about for generations to come - as a man defiantly staring two "curses" in the face and defeating both.
    That would be one of the all time greatest accomplishments in sports history. However I will continue rooting for the goat.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

The stench is pretty rancid...unbelievable.

I read that Theo actually wanted Byrnes and he turned him down and then went to Hoyer...

I don't understand why Hoyer is agreeing to all this. Isn't this career suicide for him?

who knows. maybe they have a special bond
    always reasonable

John Farrell being considered for the Manager position in Boston?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...l6H/story.html

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    We joke about a lot of stuff, but I recall a post awhile ago where saying Casey Kelly would be traded for Adrian Gonzalez and Hoyer would end up with a special consultant job back in Boston.

It kind of actually happened.

I know Rizzo having a good week in MLB validated the trade for a certain sox poster here, but it doesn't look like it did for Hoyer's bosses.
    Funny thing about this all is that I've now heard the sports radio crowd complaining that they could have had AG for nothing had they just waited... and they haven't even figured out that they could have had a shot at Pujols instead....
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    John Farrell being considered for the Manager position in Boston?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...l6H/story.html
    I can't imagine the Jays agreeing to that
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    I can't imagine the Jays agreeing to that
    The Toronto Blue Jays will not stand in the way if another team is interested in hiring one of its employees.
    There is no need for rival clubs to formally seek permission for an interview, to work within a negotiating window, or face a request for compensation. Blue Jays employees are free to speak with whom they please, when they please, for as long as they please.
    It’s company policy.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/201...davidi_lacava/

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Funny thing about this all is that I've now heard the sports radio crowd complaining that they could have had AG for nothing had they just waited... and they haven't even figured out that they could have had a shot at Pujols instead....
    They DID get AG for nothing. But, yeah, you're right about the radio - the only one on the team the fan base likes is Pedroia. Wait until the isolated Ellsbury walks. Good point on Puljos.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    They DID get AG for nothing. But, yeah, you're right about the radio - the only one on the team the fan base likes is Pedroia. Wait until the isolated Ellsbury walks. Good point on Puljos.
    Gonzalez would have been traded elsewhere. Other teams called about him.

Interesting... although it sounds like AA is talking about jobs that are promotions, and Farrell would be a lateral move. Guess we'll see what happens.

"If you have that philosophy, in the long run it will serve your organization well, you’ll continue to attract outstanding employees because they know they have the freedom, they have upwards mobility, they’re never going to be held down," says Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "Selfishly I don’t want any of our guys to leave, but at the same time I hope all of our employees have opportunities to better themselves, whether it’s responsibilities, financial, whatever it might be."

Thread Information