+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Re: The 2011-2012 New York Knicks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    I was doing the New York daily news Keep Him Or dump him poll, seems like 68% of Knicks fans want to dump Carmelo. Carmelo is going to be the new A-rod is seems.

I know a few clowns in that camp. And I tell them to re-watch Game 2 where not only did he take over and make ridiculous shot after ridiculous shot, but he was a monster on the boards and found/trusted open teammates despite them being the scrubs that they are. I know I didn't even need to just write that because nobody in this thread is a f*cking idiot (now that Theo's been banned).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    I was doing the New York daily news Keep Him Or dump him poll, seems like 68% of Knicks fans want to dump Carmelo. Carmelo is going to be the new A-rod is seems.
    I'm pretty sure a lot of that has to be based on Carmelo's defense. But from my view, he's really a better defender [when's he tries] than Amar'e. Amar'e is a swinging gate on defense. At least as much as Toney Douglas was a swinging date for Rondo in this series, Amar'e during the season was that way every time he got an early foul.
    Currently building my Man-cave-a for Mancada's arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    I know a few clowns in that camp. And I tell them to re-watch Game 2 where not only did he take over and make ridiculous shot after ridiculous shot, but he was a monster on the boards and found/trusted open teammates despite them being the scrubs that they are. I know I didn't even need to just write that because nobody in this thread is a f*cking idiot (now that Theo's been banned).
    Exactly. The playoff performance of Carmelo mixed with an added bonus of the Nuggets looking lost without him in the playoffs should put a permanent end to any angst with regards to the Carmelo trade.
    Deja vu all over again

NYYF Legend

FisolaNYDN Frank Isola

The Knicks have decided to pick up the one-year, $14.2 million option on Chauncey Billups' contract, The Daily News has learned.

NYYF Legend

Good. At least we know they have common sense.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Sooooo why haven't they picked up Walsh & D'Antoni yet?

So I just read an article that talks about how Zach Randolph is more of a franchise player then Amare is. And no....I didnt make this up....I couldnt make up something that ridiculous.

NYYF Legend

Already having friends mention to me a Billups+Amare for Howard+ trade next season....get ready folks.

(I'd drive Amare to the airport, obviously)

Yeah that trade would def never happen

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    So I just read an article that talks about how Zach Randolph is more of a franchise player then Amare is. And no....I didnt make this up....I couldnt make up something that ridiculous.
    After what Amare did this year, that writer could say such a thing? Who was it? Lupica, lol?

Picking up Billups means Walsh is coming back and so is D'antoni. Billups is a nice guy and a leader, but I hope this was just bad luck with his injuries and that next year it's not going to be more of the same.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbooster View Post
    Picking up Billups means Walsh is coming back and so is D'antoni. Billups is a nice guy and a leader, but I hope this was just bad luck with his injuries and that next year it's not going to be more of the same.
    wrt to Billups. He was a very, very good (maybe even elite) PG in the league for many years and is still a good player. It's just that he's going to be 35, has lost a step and injuries are likely to be more common, not let common as his career continues. Not to mention he makes a pretty fair chink of change. He might even be a good fit for some teams with a really strong half court game, but he doesn't fit D'antoni's style of ball going forward, 3 or 4 years ago sure but not next year.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

After what Amare did this year, that writer could say such a thing? Who was it? Lupica, lol?

It was some idiot on ESPN....it was an insider article otherwise i'd post it here. Believe me though, you arent missing much.

It was some idiot on ESPN....it was an insider article otherwise i'd post it here. Believe me though, you arent missing much.
    Thanks for not posting it, lol - I wouldn't even want to read a word of it. "Some idiot" could describe almost everyone at ESPN, lol.

I just love Amare - he's not perfect, but I am so happy he is on this team.

Btw Sheridan was speculating today that the Knicks might consider bring back Chandler w/the MLE, or some kind of sign and trade....and that Chandler really wants to come back here and he might take less money to do it. Supposedly he is very unhappy in Denver....I did notice his playing time has gone down a ton lately.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Sounds like they got a lot of Landry Fields. lol
    I think I smiled too soon; the Nuggets look like they are about to tie the series.

I think I smiled too soon; the Nuggets look like they are about to tie the series.
    They'd still be down 3-2, but it looks like OKC is going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    They'd still be down 3-2, but it looks like OKC is going to win.
    I just saw that now..........yay (I guess. I know it's ridiculously silly to be happy about Denver losing)

I just saw that now..........yay (I guess. I know it's ridiculously silly to be happy about Denver losing)
    I could care less about Denver itself....but I was rooting for them to lose due to Karl's comments. You know I bet he wished he had Melo in this series, esp when 3 of the 5 games were decided in the last few minutes. OKC has Durant as their go to guy. Denver surely could have used one.

Btw Sheridan was speculating today that the Knicks might consider bring back Chandler w/the MLE, or some kind of sign and trade....and that Chandler really wants to come back here and he might take less money to do it. Supposedly he is very unhappy in Denver....I did notice his playing time has gone down a ton lately.
    Would love that.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

I could care less about Denver itself....but I was rooting for them to lose due to Karl's comments. You know I bet he wished he had Melo in this series, esp when 3 of the 5 games were decided in the last few minutes. OKC has Durant as their go to guy. Denver surely could have used one.
    I never cared about Denver before, but yes - Karl has ticked me off since the trade. Really, I just didn't want to have to hear how the Knicks made a huge mistake giving up players that the media called mere role players before the trade, lol

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEllis View Post
    Would love that.
    I'd love it if they get a Center and Wilson is the 6th man. Not trying to see him start at the 4, which I'm afraid is what will happen.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees13 View Post
    I'd love it if they get a Center and Wilson is the 6th man. Not trying to see him start at the 4, which I'm afraid is what will happen.
    Agreed with the 6th man scenario. After watching Amar'e break down late this year, I doubt they'll go the route you fear.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

Here's some good news.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz1Kuh6SIpz

As Donnie Walsh seeks to regain full autonomy within the Knicks organization, Mike D'Antoni could be losing some of his power on the Knicks' bench.

According to several sources, the front office will encourage D'Antoni to revamp his coaching staff to hire a defensive coach. In the past, D'Antoni has been reluctant to seek outside help, most famously refusing Steve Kerr's request four years ago to hire Tom Thibodeau in Phoenix. Thibodeau landed in Boston in 2007, and helped the Celtics win the title three seasons ago. He now is head coach of the top-seeded Bulls.

D'Antoni is under contract through next season and is expected to be retained after leading the Knicks to their first postseason appearance in seven years. However, under D'Antoni the Knicks have been among the league's weaker defensive teams, which is something Walsh would like to change.

Memphis assistant Dave Joerger, Orlando's Steve Clifford, Portland's Bill Bayno and Chicago's Ron Adams are all regarded as top defensive coaches. Another possibility for the Knicks is Thibodeau's replacement in Boston, Lawrence Frank, the former Nets' coach. Frank's contract expires this summer.

A move to hire another assistant does not necessarily mean one of D'Antoni's current assistants will be removed. Phil Weber, Dan D'Antoni, Herb Williams and the highly regarded Ken Atkinson are all expected to be retained. D'Antoni, who is expected to acquiesce to management, has made it clear that he wants to remain in New York

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    Yes, I like the sound of that
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

Good news.

Thread Information