Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbooster View Post
    I'm sorry, but I had to smile:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17917982

Sounds like they got a lot of Landry Fields. lol

NYYF Legend

Re: The 2011-2012 New York Knicks Thread

Landry booed at YS.

andyrautins1:
    Tix to Yankee stadium: Free (lol) Foam fingers: 12$ Chicken tenders and drinks: 30$ Me n Fields getting booed on the jumbotron... Priceless Quote:
    andyrautins1:
    Haha it's all good.. nothing but love for the NYY faithful.. Having a blast.. Let's get this win Yanks

Quote:
    landryfields:
    Lol.. Oh man.. You just gotta love NY..

NYYF Legend

Ha, tough crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Landry booed at YS.

andyrautins1:
    Tix to Yankee stadium: Free (lol) Foam fingers: 12$ Chicken tenders and drinks: 30$ Me n Fields getting booed on the jumbotron... Priceless Quote:
    andyrautins1:
    Haha it's all good.. nothing but love for the NYY faithful.. Having a blast.. Let's get this win Yanks

Quote:
    landryfields:
    Lol.. Oh man.. You just gotta love NY..
    In a way, it's good to see him getting a taste of the other side of NY. It can't all be roses and making silly TV shows with your best buddy. Hopefully he grinds it out this offseason and comes back ready to take the next step this fall. Overall, a good first year for the kid and certainly more than I ever expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    In a way, it's good to see him getting a taste of the other side of NY. It can't all be roses and making silly TV shows with your best buddy. Hopefully he grinds it out this offseason and comes back ready to take the next step this fall. Overall, a good first year for the kid and certainly more than I ever expected.
    Agreed.

Fields is a rookie. Give him some time to adjust to a longer NBA season, the pressure of the playoffs, and playing with 2 superstars before we all pile on and declare him a bust. He was in his groove before the trade and it seems Fields had the toughest time adjusting out of all of them. That happens to rookies who have to stay out of the way of 2 players who want the ball.

Now Toney Douglas...that's another story. The PG experiment needs to end.
    Deja vu all over again

Yes the pg experiment needs to end....Knicks need to find an actual PG someone who can get the offense going.....I like Douglas off the bench, though
    “You play the game to win the game and not worry about what’s on the back of the baseball card at the end of the year.”—Paul O’Neill

Quote Originally Posted by tjbrady View Post
    Yes the pg experiment needs to end....Knicks need to find an actual PG someone who can get the offense going.....I like Douglas off the bench, though

He was brutal in that series but yeah, off the bench I suppose he's an asset.

NYYF Legend

Knicks' Billups wants to return

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba-348025

The Knicks could bring back the 34-year-old for $14.2 million next season or buy him out for $3.7 million, according to ESPN New York. And the decision needs to be made in the next five days.

Billups, who came to the Knicks at the trading deadline along with Carmelo Anthony(notes) from the Denver Nuggets, met with coach Mike D'Antoni and team president Donnie Walsh on Monday and made it clear he'd like to be back for a full season in New York, the site reports.

"We'll all know shortly but I'm hoping to be back. I want to be back. I loved being a Knick this year -- it was a great time. I would love to be a part of bringing championship-caliber basketball back to the city,"

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I would stay very, very far away from Gasol. He has a solid game, but he doesn't fill the galring need this team has, and that's a defensive presence who rebounds.
    http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pr...or_Knicks.html

4. Center their attention: Ronny Turiaf is a backup at best, Jared Jeffries a wild-card bench player and Shelden Williams has kicked around since Atlanta misspent 2006’s fifth overall pick on him. Marc Gasol is clearly the best free-agent option (unless Memphis’ postseason success prompts his re-signing) — but do the Knicks spend potential 2012 cap space on him a year early?
    Adamek's take, fwiw, Kev.

Kev What Cracks My Dude!?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GimeMoMuny View Post
    http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pr...or_Knicks.html

Adamek's take, fwiw, Kev.

Kev What Cracks My Dude!?
    Chilling, man! About to send you a PM...
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Bringing back Billups is a no-brainer IMO. Its a one year option....and if he's not on the team, who's running the point? Do you really want Douglas playing 40 minutes a night as the starting PG? And forget the pipe dream of trading for CP3 now.

Billups is the only legit option for PG next year

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Bringing back Billups is a no-brainer IMO. Its a one year option....and if he's not on the team, who's running the point? Do you really want Douglas playing 40 minutes a night as the starting PG? And forget the pipe dream of trading for CP3 now.

Billups is the only legit option for PG next year
    The issue with Billups is the money. If we bring him on, how much do we really have left to spend on a glaring need: a defense/rebound guy

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah View Post
    The issue with Billups is the money. If we bring him on, how much do we really have left to spend on a glaring need: a defense/rebound guy
    Which defense/rebound guy you want? Marc Gasol is a restricted FA and Tyson Chandler is playing in Dallas. That means the Knicks need to compete with Cuban. Those two signings are far from guarantee and if you let Billups go, the Knicks may find that they have two holes instead of one after finishing the off-season.

NYYF Legend

I keep hearing how 'Cuban won't let Chandler go'.

This isn't baseball. There's a cap. And it's going to be even more strict after the new CBA.

So I don't know how Cuban can pay him what he wants.

I'd take Chandler with Douglas at the point. And outside chance of getting Paul.

If you're bringing Billups back, to me that means Walsh really thinks he can land someone big (Paul?) via trade with that expiring contract next season.

I know there's no great PG option other than him but I rather have a big. Only Chandler though. I don't like Dalembert or DeAndre Jordan. The latter is not THAT proven.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I keep hearing how 'Cuban won't let Chandler go'.

This isn't baseball. There's a cap. And it's going to be even more strict after the new CBA.

So I don't know how Cuban can pay him what he wants.
    There is cap. But it really doesn't affect that as Chandler is on his team. The only concern is that Cuban doesn't want to pay too much luxury tax. But I don't think he really cares. If he cares, he probably would trade away Haywood and lower his $90M payroll this year.

This year Dallas payroll - $90M
    Next year Dallas payroll stands at $61M

Cuban can easily pay Chandler what he wants.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    There is cap. But it really doesn't affect that as Chandler is on his team. The only concern is that Cuban doesn't want to pay too much luxury tax. But I don't think he really cares. If he cares, he probably would trade away Haywood and lower his $90M payroll this year.

This year Dallas payroll - $90M
    Next year Dallas payroll stands at $61M

Cuban can easily pay Chandler what he wants.
    How do you possibly know that when there is no labor agreement for next year?
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    How do you possibly know that when there is no labor agreement for next year?
    A lockout then.

If there is a hard cap, the cap won't be implemented next year. The Lakers have a $92M payroll without adding any player next season. Even if there is a new soft cap, I doubt the owners want to restrict their ability to re-sign their own players. It doesn't make any sense for them.

NYYF Legend

Which defense/rebound guy you want? Marc Gasol is a restricted FA and Tyson Chandler is playing in Dallas
    I'll wait patiently for you to retract the label of "defense/rebound guy" you accidentally placed on Gasol there.

Headline should be, "Billups wants to make $14.2 million instead of much less."
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I'll wait patiently for you to retract the label of "defense/rebound guy" you accidentally placed on Gasol there.
    Yes, you're right. I just thought of best FA Centers when I wrote that.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

A lockout then.

If there is a hard cap, the cap won't be implemented next year. The Lakers have a $92M payroll without adding any player next season. Even if there is a new soft cap, I doubt the owners want to restrict their ability to re-sign their own players. It doesn't make any sense for them.
    I agree that they'll likely have to have some kind of transition, but my point was that no one can speak knowledgeably about where the cap will be and what that will look like -- it's all speculation at this point.

As for the other part of your post, they are going to have to do something to restrict spending over the cap or the owners aren't going to be able to control costs. Otherwise, there really isn't any sense to what they are supposedly going to do.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

Our future PG has 8 assist after 1.

I love how CP3 is playing right now. My only question is this (and I think its a fair one)...can we get this version of CP3 over the course of a full year? Or would we get the guy we saw this reg season who threw in a great game every now and then, but too often was almost invisible?

Off To Never Never Land Mr.Muhozi's Avatar

I was doing the New York daily news Keep Him Or dump him poll, seems like 68% of Knicks fans want to dump Carmelo. Carmelo is going to be the new A-rod is seems.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    I was doing the New York daily news Keep Him Or dump him poll, seems like 68% of Knicks fans want to dump Carmelo. Carmelo is going to be the new A-rod is seems.

Thread Information