+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 209 FirstFirst ... 6 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 106 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 5219
    NYYF Legend

Re: The 2011-2012 New York Knicks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    If I were an outsider I'd probably hate the Knicks too.

-Fans and media only live in extremes - puff their chests out when there are any signs of good and crucify players/staff when bumps in the road are met. "The Knicks are BACK - let's talk championship!" (Really, they played .500 ball and got swept in the first round, and continue to be a work in progress.) And then on the flipside you have the 'fire the coaches and trade all the players' stuff after a bad game in the first couple of weeks of the season.

-Haven't won a title in 40 years, were awful for the last 10, but supposedly everyone should want to play for the Knicks and if they don't there must be something wrong with them ("How could they? It's the Mecca!") or they just don't have the guts to take on the big city.

-Most people not from/down with NYC like to hate on us anyway.
    With Barkley I think it's more of this.

Isn't he from the South? They hate Yankees...Especially New YAWKERS.

He also picked the Falcons to beat the Giants. So yeah it's probably a anti NY thing.

Sir Chuck didn't need to resort to intangibles to trash us last night.

He was right in everything he said, except that swipe at New Yawkers thinking they are better than they really are.

NYYF Legend

The Pineda trade has been a nice diversion from giving any thought to the Knicks tonight.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

So Carmelo said he wasn't going to wear crutches for his sprained ankle because it was going to mess his "swag" up??? WTF is that??? When the team doctors recommend something to help you heal for the "team" aren't you supposed to comply?

NYYF Legend

The worst part is that he punched the doctor in the face when he kept persisting.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    With Barkley I think it's more of this.

Isn't he from the South? They hate Yankees...Especially New YAWKERS.

He also picked the Falcons to beat the Giants. So yeah it's probably a anti NY thing.
    Here ya go...

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...pew4hdZWLf1UML
    Barkley, who has had a vendetta against D’Antoni since they each lived in Phoenix, railed against the Knicks coaching staff for allowing a rookie to take 15 first-half shots. Barkley, according to sources, dislikes D’Antoni ever since D’Antoni dismissed a Barkley attack by wondering the whereabouts of Sir Charles’ championship rings.

“I don’t hear him,’’ D’Antoni said yesterday. “It means nothing.’’

NYYF Legend

Well I do agree with him about the Shumpert thing. Called it at the time.

I don't think there's another HC in the league that allows a rookie, in his 6th professional game, allows him to do whatever he wants outs there.
    That was pitiful.
    I tuned out after the 3rd quarter. But did he at least called him to the side and told him to stop?

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Well I do agree with him about the Shumpert thing. Called it at the time.

I don't think there's another HC in the league that allows a rookie, in his 6th professional game, allows him to do whatever he wants outs there.
    That was pitiful.
    I tuned out after the 3rd quarter. But did he at least called him to the side and told him to stop?
    No, maybe it's the camera but all I saw of Dantoni in the second quarter is him chatting with Woodson with his arms crossed.

Could be selective memory too because I think he's a horrible coach.

Anyone watched today's game? I ended up watching football and this boxscore is hard to make sense of.

Did Shumpert actually play PG today?

I missed this game....I was focused on football and the Rangers...so I had to cut something out. I figured the Knicks would get destroyed anyways, looks like I guessed right.

I was only half joking at first but at this point I really think we should let Jeremy Lin take a crack at PG position so Douglass/Shumpert can fall back to their natural positions at 2.

Not like we could get any worse.

NYYF Legend

I didn't watch much of the Knick game last night. Too busy.

Sounded like another doozy.

NYYF Legend

Didn't watch it either. All things considered it's not worth the frustration it would have brought me at this point in time.

I still have a ton of confidence that, without a major injury to Melo/Tyson/Baron they'll get things sorted out and become a very tough team.

Stoudemire could get hurt for an extended period of time, and I wouldn't be overly concerned.

At this point I'm just trying to chill until Baron is up and running. Luckily Cashman's ninja act on Friday night got my baseball juices flowing again, the Rangers are the class of the NHL, and the Giants are giving me all I can handle.

NYYF Legend

Amar'e is hideous without a PG. His game is so predicated on at least a decent PG.

Anthony has been nothing but selfish garbage down the stretch of this game. Not the biggest Amar'e fan these days but they haven't even made an effort to look at the guy.

Yeah they dont even seem to make an effort to get Amare involved in the offense....I can only hope when Davis plays they feature the PnR as one of their primary plays.

NYYF Legend

When Turkey Glue made that lucky bankshot there off a broken play, and then the Knicks couldn't answer, I was resigned to the loss.

Definitely more signs of life, but still far short of where they need to be.

The best ball they played, in my opinion, was when Amare was out with foul trouble.

Amare is like a pure American muscle car. Fast but really tough to drive.

'Melo isn't exactly a McLaren F1 either.

We need a PG (and preferably a coach) with a brain in the driver's seat to really get the most out of our roster.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post

We need a PG (and preferably a coach) with a brain in the driver's seat to really get the most out of our roster.
    One on the way shortly. The other, hopefully next season.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    One on the way shortly. The other, hopefully next season.
    Davis needs to show up soon... really soon. Even then I really don't think pushing him to play 30 minutes a game is a good idea.

NYYF Legend

[emotionalreaction]Stoudemire's BS ramblings in the press make me want to punch him right in his dumb mouth.[/emotionalreaction]

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    [emotionalreaction]Stoudemire's BS ramblings in the press make me want to punch him right in his dumb mouth.[/emotionalreaction]

While we're at it with emotional reactions, I kinda miss the simpler times when W's and L's didn't matter as much.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    While we're at it with emotional reactions, I kinda miss the simpler times when W's and L's didn't matter as much.

I understand the lamentations, but I don't miss those time at all. Our memories are dripping with nostalgia right now, but I know that rationally I'm happy with where the Knicks are. Especially in contrast to last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I understand the lamentations, but I don't miss those time at all. Our memories are dripping with nostalgia right now, but I know that rationally I'm happy with where the Knicks are. Especially in contrast to last season.
    Agreed. I like caring when they lose instead of that numbed resigned acceptance that Isaiah Thomas had lulled me into.
    Deja vu all over again

NYYF Legend

This team should be better than this.

Thread Information