+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 209 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 165 205 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 5219
    Off To Never Never Land Mr.Muhozi's Avatar

Re: The 2011-2012 New York Knicks Thread

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Wow, just came to check this out and nobody is really talking about Melo having no fear and taking the pressure and weight of the game into his own hands?

That's the story here, for me. I hope the media at least gives him his proper due.
    As much crap he's taken from Knicks fans and alike, it's about time we starting giving this guy a shoutout for a wonderful game.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    As much crap he's taken from Knicks fans and alike, it's about time we starting giving this guy a shoutout for a wonderful game.
    As a Knicks fan, I'm just happy to see this guy playing up to the level he's shown for his entire career prior to the poor stretch he had this season. It's fun and comforting to have one of those "that guy"s on the team.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Jamie O'Grady@LoHudKnicks Elite. RT @keithNYK: Per NBA TV, when Shumpert was on Rose he held him to 2 of 10 shooting with an eFG percentage of 30% + 7 turnovers.

Rose is going to be gunning for revenge on Tuesday and Shumpert won't give a rat's rear.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Win not withstanding, but JR killed them.

Wide open all game. Couldn't hit shots.

I don't think this game goes to OT, if JR had been hot.
    Agreed. In fact this game is a blowout if jr is hot and a comfortable win if he decides to pass the ball a few more times instead of heaving 3 pointers or thinking hes Jordan with the 1 on 1 iso chuck shots.
    Deja vu all over again

I could watch this all week.

NYYF Legend

^ that Breen call should probably change the opinions of those who were saying he was pulling for the Bulls. The dude almost had an orgasm when Melo hit that shot.

Amazing game. Just amazing

Is it crazy for me to think based off just one game...that we can give the Bulls all they can handle in the 1st round? If Shumpert can D up Rose in that manner, all of a sudden the Bulls look much more vulnerable to me.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Is it crazy for me to think based off just one game...that we can give the Bulls all they can handle in the 1st round? If Shumpert can D up Rose in that manner, all of a sudden the Bulls look much more vulnerable to me.
    No.

Watching this Bulls team, I really don't know how they do it. They seem underwhelming to me. I give them all the respect in the world, but they don't look like a 60 win team at all and yet they always find a way to win. Talent wise, we match up very well with them.

Have to think the coach is a big part of it. The Bulls are crazy not to lock him up. On a related note, Woodson reminds me of Thibedeau.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

NYYF Legend

With Philly's loss tonight, the Knicks are now the 7th seed. The loss to Indy last week and the no-show vs Toronto a few weeks back may prove to be killer, in terms of seeding.

NYYF Legend

I cant believe that I missed the end and it turned out like *that*. Fwiw, the entire terminal at JFK was buzzing about the Knicks and the game was on more bar TV's than the Yankees. I hadn't seen that in forever.

Oh, and count me in as one that isn't too impressed w the Bulls. They're mostly a soft team.
    Last edited by GimeMoMuny; 04-09-12 at 03:44 AM.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    ^ that Breen call should probably change the opinions of those who were saying he was pulling for the Bulls. The dude almost had an orgasm when Melo hit that shot.
    I like that JVG called him out earlier in the game.

Breen is always saying "bad shot" when Melo misses with two players on him. Or doesn't take shots in the flow of the offense.
    Breen is quiet when he makes shots when contested.

JVG basically told him to shut up... Thank You JVG.

NYYF Legend

I don't think that Breen hates the Knicks, but I do believe he has some sort of bias against Melo. I think he is/was close with D'Antoni, or someone else on the Knicks staff, who was part of the group that believed Melo was a wild stallion and needed to be broken.

I don't think he hates Melo or anything, I just think that his opion on Melo was molded by his sources, and I think those sources were part of the group that Melo should play off the ball and not have the offense flow through him.

That's why you get things like him constantly expressing displeasure with Melo's shot selection or any time he has a bad play. It's the very definition of confirmation bias, in my opinion.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GimeMoMuny View Post
    I cant believe that I missed the end and it turned out like *that*. Fwiw, the entire terminal at JFK was buzzing about the Knicks and the game was on more bar TV's than the Yankees. I hadn't seen that in forever.

Oh, and count me in as one that isn't too impressed w the Bulls. They're mostly a soft team.
    Unless they get another star, they aren't winning a championship with a cast of Rose and who? imo
    Knicks have a more talented roster. Outside of Rose, there is not one player on that team that I'd take over any Knick.
    Doesn't that speak volumes?

The Knicks can beat them. but they won't get any respect because they haven't accomplished anything.
    Which is fine. I just don't want hear from people how surprise they are that the Knicks beat the Bulls in 6.

Knicks aren't your typical 8th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by marechal View Post
    I could watch this all week.
    Nice job by Novak resetting the play to make sure it got into the hands of "the man". He could have easily taken the 3 with 20 seconds left and I wouldn't have blamed him for it.

And "selfish" Carmelo gave JR a chance to win it there (and got Novak an open look to try and tie it in regulation).

I'm not jumping on the "Bulls aren't that great" bandwagon.

The win was awesome yesterday. The Knicks benefited from Rose being a non factor in the first half and got major breaks down the stretch with the Bulls missing free throws and taking crazy wild shots that kept the Knicks from going down by 2 or more possessions.

The Knicks earned the win, don't get me wrong, but the Bulls made some pretty bad mistakes that I don't anticipate them making again this Tuesday or in a Playoff scenario.

The Knicks can beat the Bulls, but they'll have to play better as I don't see the Bulls helping the Knicks out as much as they did yesterday.
    Deja vu all over again

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveBernie51! View Post
    I'm not jumping on the "Bulls aren't that great" bandwagon.

The win was awesome yesterday. The Knicks benefited from Rose being a non factor in the first half and got major breaks down the stretch with the Bulls missing free throws and taking crazy wild shots that kept the Knicks from going down by 2 or more possessions.

The Knicks earned the win, don't get me wrong, but the Bulls made some pretty bad mistakes that I don't anticipate them making again this Tuesday or in a Playoff scenario.

The Knicks can beat the Bulls, but they'll have to play better as I don't see the Bulls helping the Knicks out as much as they did yesterday.

I agree. The Bulls are the better team, and I don't think that's really debatable at this point. The Knicks can certainly win a series from them, but the Bulls have shown to be the best consistantly elite defensive team across this season (which is why they kept winning without Rose).

However, I wouldn't classify the Knicks win yesterday as largely dependent on the Bulls coming up short - the Knicks' own shortcomings played a larger role than any mistakes the Bulls made.

Outside of Melo, the Knicks were 4 for 29 (13.7%) on threes, with the majority of those being open shots with the shooter squared up.

FOUR FOR TWENTY-NINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    However, I wouldn't classify the Knicks win yesterday as largely dependent on the Bulls coming up short - the Knicks' own shortcomings played a larger role than any mistakes the Bulls made.

Outside of Melo, the Knicks were 4 for 29 (13.7%) on threes, with the majority of those being open shots with the shooter squared up.

FOUR FOR TWENTY-NINE!
    Ohh I agree. It was a combination of both for sure. My disgust with JR yesterday is well documented earlier in this thread.
    Deja vu all over again

NYYF Legend

That was Rose's first game back in awhile but the Bulls were healthy yesterday.

I'm more impressed that the Knicks beat a healthy Bulls team. Yet the Knicks were missing 2 of their starters.
    Outside of Melo, no one shot well either.

The Bulls are still the better team. They've proven it. They're great on one end of the floor though. My point is they aren't invincible.

Miami is the one I fear. They are GREAT on both ends of the floor.

Yesterday was a great win but we're not going anywhere with this Melo-dependent offense and undersized front line (when Chicago turned it up on the boards in the second half yesterday we were most often pretty helpless). We'd be lucky with this group to win one playoff game against Miami and two agaimst the Bulls. Melo can carry you single-handedly for a game or maybe two, but he'll wear down, as evidenced by his post Game 2 non-performances last year against the Celtics.

Things would be mighty different with our full squad, but we obviously can't count on that happening. Mainly I hope they show enough life to keep Dim Son from dumping the coach and forcing yet another personality makeover next year. We do have something to build on here.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

NYYF Legend

I'm more impressed that the Knicks beat a healthy Bulls team. Yet the Knicks were missing 2 of their starters.
    Yeah, me too. I know Lin said he's going to miss the first round, but do know if there's any chance Amare will make it back this year

In case anyone had doubts that The Daily News and MSG are feuding...

Outside of Melo, no one shot well either.
    Totally understandable and it was impressive. I was extremely impressed when they had a 21 point lead...less so when they almost blew it.

I think at full strength the Knicks would be a very real threat to the Bulls. We know were not going to get 1 starter back by the first round and who knows what kind of condition the other one is in so my healthy concern for the Bulls is based on this year and in our current circumstances where we are most likely playing shorthanded for the rest of the season.
    Deja vu all over again

Thread Information