+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 209 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 153 193 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 5219
    NYYF Legend

Re: The 2011-2012 New York Knicks Thread

I'm gonna love when Lin begins to hit Melo as a trailer on breaks (not that it's necessary... Just cool)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    He's not even defending melo
    You're right.

To some people he's a lazy cancer, and will always be, regardless of how impressive his career has been.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Breen seems to have an odd obsession w/ letting us know that he's not feeling Bargnani's game.

NYYF Legend

Lin truly is a pure pressure player.

Lin is playing such a good game tonight.

NYYF Legend

I love that he's likely going to be a Knick for a long time. It's such a good feeling to have a talented and intelligent kid like that on the team.

NYYF Legend

Awesome, back-breaking offensive rebound and putback by Amar'e to end the 3rd and push the lead back to double digits after the Raptors had just cut it to 9. That's the kind of demoralizing thing that was happening to the Knicks just last week.

NYYF Legend

They are finding their pace out there. ... Gotta love it!

Good things.

Linsanity IS over. Now we just have a good point guard who's only get better.

NYYF Legend

Does either Turner or Iggy have a Twitter account?

I like how coach left the A team in just a liiiitle bit longer than was necessary to truly close it out.

This is the type of play I was expecting after the Linsanity stretch when Amar'e and Carmelo came back.

NYYF Legend

God, I love watching them really care about defense. It's literally been years...

NYYF Legend

How does JR score 11 and end up -8 ??

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    How does JR score 11 and end up -8 ??
    It's Melo's fault.

NYYF Legend

Kelly Tri- -a ... at it again.

NYYF Legend

So much for Lin supposedly being a product of D'Antoni's system. lol

The more they win the worst D'Antoni looks. imo

I have to roll my eyes at people saying this is happening because of the coaching change and probably won't last.
    Please. I'd be leery of this win streak if they had no talent. But that's not the case. I always felt they were poorly coached.

This is sustainable as long as they continue to try on defense. That's where it starts.

Did MSG hire Tripuka to be a contrarian?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    The more they win the worst D'Antoni looks. imo
    I think the change was necessary, but this is a bit overblown, imho.

How can D'Antoni be the only one to look bad? He said that his message "wasn't resonating".

Are we to believe that the message was: "guys, we're looking great out there allowing 120, just hit a few more threes and we'll be good."?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GimeMoMuny View Post
    I think the change was necessary, but this is a bit overblown, imho.

How can D'Antoni be the only one to look bad? He said that his message "wasn't resonating".

Are we to believe that the message was: "guys, we're looking great out there allowing 120, just hit a few more threes and we'll be good."?
    He's not the only one that looks bad. Lets face it though, he is/was the coach. It starts at the top. Your players have to buy in. If they're not....

This is probably the type of team that needed a kick in the pants. D'Antoni is not that kind of a coach.

What I dislike about D'Antoni besides his system is that he's the contrary of what a coach suppose to be and do.
    I don't think Woodson is a great coach, but after what I've seen from D'Antoni for 4 years, Woodson looks like a HOF.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    He's not the only one that looks bad. Lets face it though, he is/was the coach. It starts at the top. Your players have to buy in. If they're not....

This is probably the type of team that needed a kick in the pants. D'Antoni is not that kind of a coach.

What I dislike about D'Antoni besides his system is that he's the contrary of what a coach suppose to be and do.
    I don't think Woodson is a great coach, but after what I've seen from D'Antoni for 4 years, Woodson looks like a HOF.
    Fair enough, and I agree, overall. 7SoL is NBA's Moneyball, and requires a shaking of the court-CW.

I just feel like D'Antoni never really got a fair shake here and that there's many accounts that he did try to motivate the team... but in trying to do so from a position of weakness as a lame duck with an overblown preceding rep, it fell on deaf (or lazy) ears.

I don't see him having a problem landing in a top 7 market as a coach due to what happened here, though. (Clippers or Nets with MDA can be scary).

NYYF Legend

Fair enough, and I agree, overall. 7SoL is NBA's Moneyball, and requires a shaking of the court-CW.

I just feel like D'Antoni never really got a fair shake here and that there's many accounts that he did try to motivate the team... but in trying to do so from a position of weakness as a lame duck with an overblown preceding rep, it fell on deaf (or lazy) ears.

I don't see him having a problem landing in a top 7 market as a coach due to what happened here, though. (Clippers or Nets with MDA can be scary).
    His stubbornness is what did him in, in my opinion.

I believe in his system very strongly, I just think he became deadset on making everyone fit into it so that he could prove that it worked, rather than actually playing to the team's strengths.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    His stubbornness is what did him in, in my opinion.

I believe in his system very strongly, I just think he became deadset on making everyone fit into it so that he could prove that it worked, rather than actually playing to the team's strengths.
    I agree with that. I think guys were too tired run it to and might have worried about injuries/overall stat drop, etc. But it was mostly Melo, imo. The media pop-shots between the two tell the whole story to me.

If D'Antoni wanted to be here, I'm sure he knew that he had to stroke Melo's ego (or 'abandon his system' if people please). He did make sure that Melo was the go-to guy down the stretch vs. Boston. But Knicks lost.

Enter a few games sans Chandler and Jeffries, and we have a seemingly tangible culprit in MDA, the "one dimensional coach".

I want the Knicks to win, not D'An, so I'm not too concerned with the change. I'm concerned with what's next. I can reduce it to two stubborn guys that had a power struggle... and the bigger contract won.

It happens.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

I agree with that. I think guys were too tired run it to and might have worried about injuries/overall stat drop, etc. But it was mostly Melo, imo. The media pop-shots between the two tell the whole story to me.

If D'Antoni wanted to be here, I'm sure he knew that he had to stroke Melo's ego (or 'abandon his system' if people please). He did make sure that Melo was the go-to guy down the stretch vs. Boston. But Knicks lost.

Enter a few games sans Chandler and Jeffries, and we have a seemingly tangible culprit in MDA, the "one dimensional coach".

I want the Knicks to win, not D'An, so I'm not too concerned with the change. I'm concerned with what's next. I can reduce it to two stubborn guys that had a power struggle... and the bigger contract won.

It happens.
    That's probably fair. The guy is hardly a victim and was compensated well, but he also put up with ridiculous turnover in the roster for his first few years, and was part of the remaking of the organization from a reputation standpoint. I think he had his flaws, but I'm not really into knocking the guy - I'd rather focus on how well they're playing now
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    but I'm not really into knocking the guy - I'd rather focus on how well they're playing now
    Why not, he deserves to be knocked. D'Antoni is a complete fraud. One dimensional coach with limited upside. Championship = impossible with D'Antoni

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Why not, he deserves to be knocked. D'Antoni is a complete fraud. One dimensional coach with limited upside. Championship = impossible with D'Antoni
    Well, for the reasons I stated in the rest of my post.

Besides -- his "limited upside" is higher than this team has gone in quite a long time.

But, seriously, I'm not even defending the guy, or saying I want him as coach. I thought that was clear in my post.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Thread Information