+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 209 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

The 2011-2012 New York Knicks Thread

Without a doubt in a better position than when I started last season's thread, and that was a pretty optimistic and exciting time.

Hopefully the lockout that is coming has some positive results for the overall direction of the franchise.

Also, the Knicks have the 17th pick in this super weak draft. I'm curious if they actually end up making the selection, or package the pick with some players to get another piece.

Regardless, I'm very excited about the future with Stat and Melo. I have no idea if they'll win a championship eventually, but the next few years should be fun again.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Re: The 2011-2012 New York Knicks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Also, the Knicks have the 17th pick in this super weak draft. I'm curious if they actually end up making the selection, or package the pick with some players to get another piece.
    If this is a super weak draft, no team will give up much for a 17th pick. Also the year Rose being the No.1 pick supposed to be a weak draft and it turned out to be one of the best drafts in recent years. So I think the Knicks should just stick with the pick.

I'm definitely feeling optimistic about this team. I won't read the newspapers because I know they will be full of negativity and I don't feel that way about this team. Now, let's get Donnie re-signed. A full year of Amare and Melo? Can't wait!

NYYF Legend

A tall defensive presence who isn't a 0 on offense is the #1 need.

NYYF Legend

Bummer they were swept but it was a fun ride and can finally looking forward to some good basketball again!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbooster View Post
    I'm definitely feeling optimistic about this team. I won't read the newspapers because I know they will be full of negativity and I don't feel that way about this team. Now, let's get Donnie re-signed. A full year of Amare and Melo? Can't wait!
    50 win team.

A real C 55-60 wins.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    A tall defensive presence who isn't a 0 on offense is the #1 need.
    A point guard for the future is a close second though.

With that 17th pick, maybe just maybe we can get lucky with one of the raw bigs or PG's who drop.
    Currently building my Man-cave-a for Mancada's arrival.

Good article. Sheridan continues to show he's the only media member with a working brain

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ris&id=6422124

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Good article. Sheridan continues to show he's the only media member with a working brain

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ris&id=6422124
    I've always made a point to mention Hahn and Sheridan on here...............Sheridan is too good for ESPN and we're lucky he covers the Knicks.

NYYF Legend

Adamek is the best out of all of them.

NYYF Legend

alanhahn Alan Hahn

More Paul Pierce: "They earned our respect . . . even though we won four games, they earned our respect." #fb

14 hours ago

alanhahn Alan Hahn

Paul Pierce: "They're not that far away. They're going to be a team to be reckoned with next year." #fb

14 hours ago

alanhahn Alan Hahn

RT @SpikeLee: We have a Top Core of Melo,Amar'e, CB. Pierce told me himself today "2 more pieces and y'all be straight". Gotta play D

15 hours ago

alanhahn Alan Hahn

D'Antoni on judging himself going forward off this series: "That's not a question for me. You'd have to ask Donnie that." #fb

15 hours ago

alanhahn Alan Hahn

RT @SpikeLee: We have a Top Core of Melo,Amar'e, CB. Pierce told me himself today "2 more pieces and y'all be straight". Gotta play D

15 hours ago

alanhahn Alan Hahn

D'Antoni on Celtics: "They're a better team. We have to get up to that level. " #fb

15 hours ago

alanhahn Alan Hahn

More Doc: "As long as everybody stays patient with them, they're going to be OK."

15 hours ago

alanhahn Alan Hahn

More Doc: ...They're just going to keep building. You've got to get pieces first, having Stoudemire and Carmelo 2 great pieces to have...

15 hours ago

alanhahn Alan Hahn

Doc Rivers on Knicks: "Oh, they're going to be good. I think Mike's one of the best coaches in this game...."

15 hours ago

P!ssed about the way 2011 ended but excited for next season!

Marc Gasol please.

NYYF Legend

Is everyone still sold on Mike D? According to reports Melo did not exactly give him a ringing endorsement, and even though Stat supposedly has his back, he didn't go out of his way to praise him when interviewed after the game. The team was playing basically with Melo and a bunch of role players after CB went down and Stat got hurt, so you really can't blame the sweep on the coach, and the Knicks did show the ability to play some D when push came to shove, but IMO Mike's system is not suited for a team without a Nash (or reasonable facsimile) running the point. What I'm trying to say is that because of D'antoni's limitations as an in-game strategist he needs a guy as smart and talented as Steve Nash running his offense. CB has the smarts, but I don't think he's physically capable anymore of changing his game to suit Mike's system. Now CP3 would be an ideal player for Mike, but who knows when, or if he'll be available. There's no doubt in my mind that if Donnie returns, so will Mike, but if Donnie leaves, all bets are off the table.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland View Post
    P!ssed about the way 2011 ended but excited for next season!

Marc Gasol please.
    I would stay very, very far away from Gasol. He has a solid game, but he doesn't fill the galring need this team has, and that's a defensive presence who rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Is everyone still sold on Mike D? According to reports Melo did not exactly give him a ringing endorsement, and even though Stat supposedly has his back, he didn't go out of his way to praise him when interviewed after the game. The team was playing basically with Melo and a bunch of role players after CB went down and Stat got hurt, so you really can't blame the sweep on the coach, and the Knicks did show the ability to play some D when push came to shove, but IMO Mike's system is not suited for a team without a Nash (or reasonable facsimile) running the point. What I'm trying to say is that because of D'antoni's limitations as an in-game strategist he needs a guy as smart and talented as Steve Nash running his offense. CB has the smarts, but I don't think he's physically capable anymore of changing his game to suit Mike's system. Now CP3 would be an ideal player for Mike, but who knows when, or if he'll be available. There's no doubt in my mind that if Donnie returns, so will Mike, but if Donnie leaves, all bets are off the table.
    I don't think Melo likes D'antoni at all. Most knicks fans don't want Mike gone just because of this 4 game sweep even though he WAS out coached. His rotations were awful all year long and it seemed like he had ZERO set plays in the 4th quarter of close games. Sure I loved winning games we weren't supposed to against teams like the Spurs and the Heat but losing games we WERE supposed to vs teams like the Cavs/Pistons/etc. was plain unacceptable. If you can't motivate the team to get up for the freaking Cavs THREE times...just stop coaching.

With all that said my gut feeling is Dolan won't pay him $6 mil for nothing and retain him for the year
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

NYYF Legend

alanhahn Alan Hahn
    Amar'e speaks stronger in support of D'Antoni, Carmelo slightly less, but credited D'Antoni for difficult in-season adjustment. #fb

Like most of us, I don't think Melo is a big fan of D'Antoni. Amar'e likes him because he's been his coach for most of his career and D'Antoni pretty much made his career.

You can talk about giving him another. Which is fine with me considering the circumstances.

But giving him another year won't take away his coaching philosophy. He will still be the same coach.

I want Doc Rivers for the 2012/13 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I would stay very, very far away from Gasol. He has a solid game, but he doesn't fill the galring need this team has, and that's a defensive presence who rebounds.

Who would you target?

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    alanhahn Alan Hahn
    Amar'e speaks stronger in support of D'Antoni, Carmelo slightly less, but credited D'Antoni for difficult in-season adjustment. #fb

Like most of us, I don't think Melo is a big fan of D'Antoni. Amar'e likes him because he's been his coach for most of his career and D'Antoni pretty much made his career.

You can talk about giving him another. Which is fine with me considering the circumstances.

But giving him another year won't take away his coaching philosophy. He will still be the same coach.

I want Doc Rivers for the 2012/13 season.
    I think D'Antoni is back next year. Whatever one thinks of his coaching philosophy, Walsh knew what it was when he hired him. Unless your theory is that he picked him because he knew the team was going to be awful for a couple seasons and figured his style of basketball would at least be entertaining while they sucked, I think he is going to give him the chance to actually coach a year with a reasonably stable team.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

The only FA big that I like is Tyson Chandler.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    I think D'Antoni is back next year. Whatever one thinks of his coaching philosophy, Walsh knew what it was when he hired him. Unless your theory is that he picked him because he knew the team was going to be awful for a couple seasons and figured his style of basketball would at least be entertaining while they sucked, I think he is going to give him the chance to actually coach a year with a reasonably stable team.
    I definitely think D'Antoni was hired for other purposes. Namely Lebron.

Walsh has been around a long time. He knows what it takes to win. I find it hard to believe he thinks this no defense coach is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    If Walsh is back, so is D'antoni......which is fine. Coach is far from perfect, but look what he had to work with, especially with the injuries in the playoffs. The team is capable of playing very good defense, but they need some better players. Their role players are pretty good - as role players, not as starters.

NYYF Legend

We'll see just how committed to defense D'Antoni is when he's asked to bring in a defensive coach/coordinator on his staff.

So far it's 0-2. PHX & CHI

alanhahn Alan Hahn

Billups used a Melo line when talking about expectations: "Getting swept in the first round? I don't do this." #fb

56 minutes ago

alanhahn Alan Hahn

Chauncey expressed his desire to return to Knicks next season. He has $14.2M reasons why.

57 minutes ago

alanhahn Alan Hahn

Carmelo says "easily" could have been a 50-win team this year and says he wants to be the best team in the East next season.

1 hour ago

alanhahn Alan Hahn

Amar'e says he would like to see the team add a center and allow him to play his natural position at power forward.

1 hour ago

alanhahn Alan Hahn

Amar'e on how he once kicked D'Antoni out the door in PHX: "I had more fun playing for Coach D'Antoni than Coach Porter."

2 hours ago

alanhahn Alan Hahn

2 hours ago

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I definitely think D'Antoni was hired for other purposes. Namely Lebron.

Walsh has been around a long time. He knows what it takes to win. I find it hard to believe he thinks this no defense coach is the answer.
    Definitely possible, but then what was he going to do if LeBron came?
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

I'm sorry, but I had to smile:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17917982

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]Well, Anthony is long gone. Karl is still here.
    What's the Nuggets' rationalization for failure this time?
    Maybe those fingers of blame pointed at Anthony for lack of toughness and the will to win were misguided.
    Kenyon Martin, Nene and J.R. Smith are all part of a dysfunctional unit that chokes in the clutch and spends too much time bickering about bad calls or moping about lack of playing time.
    Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler, the players asked to replace Anthony's scoring in the Nuggets' lineup, have been inept offensively. In three playoff contests against Oklahoma City, Chandler and Gallinari have combined to shoot an atrocious 15-of-45 from the field.
    In the fourth quarter of Game 3, with the Thunder begging to get beat, I haven't seen so many scared guys gazing at their shoes in a gym since the last time I attended a middle-school dance.
    The Nuggets were wallflowers, afraid to bust a move or take their best shot. Denver made two field goals in the opening 10 minutes of the final period. And guess what? Melo wasn't walking through that door.

Thread Information