Closed Thread
Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 154 155 156 157
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 3910

Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

We'll know if Doan will hit the market tomorrow night.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Gotta give Doan credit. He really really wants to stay with the organization that drafted him even though it's in shambles. I hope he signs with the Rangers, but I know he'd just be a hired gun. Since he's over 35 we have to be really sure we want him for however long we sign him or it'll come back to bite them in the butt. But if that nets the Rangers Weber too than it will be really worth it. Not sure about Brooks' 14 year deal idea, but you have to imagine he's going to demand more $/years than Suter got since you know, he's much better than Suter is and all.

Renaud P Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
    Rangers signs Jeff Halpern 1 year / $700 000

Great 4th line center who kills penalties and is elite on faceoffs, but sadly it looks like Boyle will once again be on the 3rd line.

Boyle at 3C isn't ideal, but it could be worse.

If it becomes an issue then thats something we can fix at the trade deadline. I think there is a good chance JT Miller is going to be fast tracked for that role, even though I wouldn't completely agree with that move. I think he should be given the chance to develop to his full potential, fast tracking him to the NHL won't allow for that.

I do think that he has the skill set to be a hell of a 3C though.

I think Nash will be on his way soon now. Halpern softens the blow of losing some depth down the middle (which both Dubi and AA can provide) and off sets losing a pair of guys who were used on the PK. Those two are clearly the most expendable pieces we have and I don't like using both of them in the same deal, but the writing is pretty much on the wall.

Flyers signed Weber to a 14/100 offer sheet. Ugh. Meanwhile, we continue to do not much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Flyers signed Weber to a 14/100 offer sheet. Ugh. Meanwhile, we continue to do not much of anything.
    Might be a good idea to send a 100 million dollar check to Nashville.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    First off, Nashville still has a week to match the offer.

Secondly, this would be an AWFUL move by Philly. Considering what they'de lose in draft picks, the space they would be required to move to get under the cap and how it would completely ................ up their team going forward, they'll be losing more assets than they gain when its all said and done.

Quit your bitching....

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post

Secondly, this would be an AWFUL move by Philly. Considering what they'de lose in draft picks, the space they would be required to move to get under the cap and how it would completely ................ up their team going forward, they'll be losing more assets than they gain when its all said and done.

Quit your bitching....
    Just want us to address our weaknesses, thats all. Fix the PP and find more scoring at forward. I really do not want us to have to play the same exact system next year that we did this past year because I dont think we can win a Cup that way. We'll get too worn down by the end of the season again. We need to open it up offensively but we cant do that if we dont have the personnel. Not even thinking about Nash anymore because Howson is on crack. He can keep him and have fun being a terrible team again. Ryan is a pipe dream. I guess I'm a bit perturbed because I dont even see many options available whether its via FA or trade.

Weber is a guy I was really hoping we'd figure out a way to get....seeing him end up on a rival team would be dissapointing, even if it requires them to hand over a bunch of draft picks.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post

I think this is a brilliant move by Philly.

Either they get Weber without blowing up the current young core or he stays in Nashville, away from any Eastern Conference rivals.

If they do get him, the cap space issue can easily be solved in 1 or 2 roster moves (trades, waivers, etc.).

And as far as losing assets, I don't think 4 future 1st Round Picks is a drastic overpayment for a cost-controlled Shea Weber in his prime signed long-term.
    28 in 2014

NYYF Legend

RIP season 2011-2012

Season is over, time to turn a new page:
    Let's Go NEW YORK RANGERS! 2012-2013

Thread Information