Closed Thread
Page 153 of 157 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 3910

Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    I think Dubinsky has played his last game in a Ranger uniform.

He would have to be on the move in order to get a player like a Vanek.
    The only concern I'd have with that is that we are selling him at rock bottom. With his salary and his lack of production this year....I cant imagine the market for him is...well...existent. Yeah maybe we'll get lucky like we did w/Gomez, but you cant bank on another GM being a complete idiot all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    The only concern I'd have with that is that we are selling him at rock bottom. With his salary and his lack of production this year....I cant imagine the market for him is...well...existent. Yeah maybe we'll get lucky like we did w/Gomez, but you cant bank on another GM being a complete idiot all the time.
    I don't buy the selling low argument at all.

Hes not some 30+ year old who has shown rapid decline. Hes 26(?) coming off of a down year a year after putting up career numbers. Hes got a lot more to his game than just scoring, hes a guy a whole bunch of teams would like to have.

Id hold onto him unless the right trade comes along. Anisimov is the guy I want to move at all costs.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I don't buy the selling low argument at all.

Hes not some 30+ year old who has shown rapid decline. Hes 26(?) coming off of a down year a year after putting up career numbers. Hes got a lot more to his game than just scoring, hes a guy a whole bunch of teams would like to have.

Id hold onto him unless the right trade comes along. Anisimov is the guy I want to move at all costs.
    Besides the odd drop off in scoring, Dubinsky quietly had a solid year. He plays well defensively, isn't scared of contact, and can get under teams skins.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Dubinsky's in that position where your initial reaction is to trade him, but the more you think about it the more you realize he should probably be given one more year. This was the worst season he's had offensively, so you'd like to see him get another chance. And I think he will.

Trading Anisimov, as the last poster wrote, I think is a smart idea. I don't think he really fits in with Tortorella's style. And I think Stepan is another guy who could very well go. When Tortorella said on breakup day there were guys that clearly didn't perform in the playoffs, he said they would have to evaluate those players to see if they had a spot for them next season. I feel relatively confident saying Stepan is one of those guys that fits into that mold, and I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Stepan get moved this summer.

Anisimov doesn't really have a position, so I'm fine with trading him, but I'm 100% against trading Stepan unless we're getting an Evander Kane type talent back. He put up 51 points as a 21 year old, thats pretty ................ing good considering one of his wingers for most of the season was Anisimov, who killed more offensive opportunities than he created.

Moving Stepan would be incredibly short sighted, especially since his weaknesses are fixable.

Also Chris Stewart re signed with St Louis today - 1 year 3m. Hes still a guy who may be on his way out of STL, but it looks as if STL is willing to give him another year to show what he can do.

NYYF Legend

Anisimov doesn't really have a position, so I'm fine with trading him, but I'm 100% against trading Stepan unless we're getting an Evander Kane type talent back. He put up 51 points as a 21 year old, thats pretty ................ing good considering one of his wingers for most of the season was Anisimov, who killed more offensive opportunities than he created.

Moving Stepan would be incredibly short sighted, especially since his weaknesses are fixable.

Also Chris Stewart re signed with St Louis today - 1 year 3m. Hes still a guy who may be on his way out of STL, but it looks as if STL is willing to give him another year to show what he can do.
    I think the reason Stepan is tradeable, at least in the team's eyes, is that he was awful for both playoff runs he's been in.

In 25 career postseason games, he has 1 goal and 8 asssts.

Meanwhile, in 164 career regular season games, he has 38 goals and 58 assists.

So, he's playing well below his career average -- especially in goals. And, as the playoffs went on, he worsened. It's definitely reasonable to question whether he's willing and able to perform in the pressure cooker that is NHL Playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    I think the reason Stepan is tradeable, at least in the team's eyes, is that he was awful for both playoff runs he's been in.

In 25 career postseason games, he has 1 goal and 8 asssts.

Meanwhile, in 164 career regular season games, he has 38 goals and 58 assists.

So, he's playing well below his career average -- especially in goals. And, as the playoffs went on, he worsened. It's definitely reasonable to question whether he's willing and able to perform in the pressure cooker that is NHL Playoffs.

His first playoff run was all of 5 games and the team pretty much got smoked in that series. More than deserving of a pass there.

9 in 20 is not great, but it'd be an awful idea to move someone based off of such a small sample size of games. Its so short sighted that I can't imagine the FO would use that as a reason to move him.

There are plenty of guys who don't tear it up their first go around in the playoffs, most notably Pavel Datsyuk, who actually looked worse than Steps did his first few go arounds, he seemed to figure it out.

NYYF Legend

His first playoff run was all of 5 games and the team pretty much got smoked in that series. More than deserving of a pass there.

9 in 20 is not great, but it'd be an awful idea to move someone based off of such a small sample size of games. Its so short sighted that I can't imagine the FO would use that as a reason to move him.

There are plenty of guys who don't tear it up their first go around in the playoffs, most notably Pavel Datsyuk, who actually looked worse than Steps did his first few go arounds, he seemed to figure it out.
    Depends who they can get for him. Maybe there's another team that really likes him. I don't think Stepan is ever going to be an 80 point/season guy, so if you can get a stable 2nd-line center for him, I think you have to pull the trigger on that. Stepan's a nice player, but he's a complementary guy, not a guy you're building the team around.

NYYF Legend

I don't think playoff pressure is the problem with Stepan. It's his skating that's a problem.
    He skates like he's in mud.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Depends who they can get for him. Maybe there's another team that really likes him. I don't think Stepan is ever going to be an 80 point/season guy, so if you can get a stable 2nd-line center for him, I think you have to pull the trigger on that. Stepan's a nice player, but he's a complementary guy, not a guy you're building the team around.
    Isn't he already that though?

51 points= 2nd line production. Theres no reason to believe he can't be at least a 60 point guy in the near future and thats high end 2nd line production.

Now if Patrick Kane or Ryan Getzlaf were to become available, then things change, but until then I think it would be foolish to trade him as part of a package for anything less than that, or an Eberle/Evander Kane type player (and those guys are not going anywhere.)

NYYF Legend

Isn't he already that though?

51 points= 2nd line production. Theres no reason to believe he can't be at least a 60 point guy in the near future and thats high end 2nd line production.

Now if Patrick Kane or Ryan Getzlaf were to become available, then things change, but until then I think it would be foolish to trade him as part of a package for anything less than that, or an Eberle/Evander Kane type player (and those guys are not going anywhere.)
    I think he has the potential to be, but I don't think he's there yet. The goal of this offseason is to improve the team, to get them cup-ready. If you can find an upgrade on Stepan, I think you need to go for it. No, you're not selling him unless you're improving the hockey club. But I bet you can find a really solid player that improves the club for Stepan. That's all I'm saying.

Rumor going around that Evander Kane may become available.

Anyone on the team/roster should be available sans McDonagh, Lundqvist and Callahan.

NYYF Legend

Hagelin + Anisimov + Del Zotto for Kane

^ it will take more. Kanes a 20 year old 30 goal scorer who will be a force once he fills out.

Stepan+DZ+Miller+Dubi is a starting point.

NYYF Legend

lol not trading all that...

Then we won't be getting him.

Maybe sub out AA for Stepan, but I think it'll take at least that.

NYYF Legend

The problem is he is still raw. He just had a break out year last season.

I don't feel comfortable giving the farm for a kid that hasn't done it long enough.

Rumor going around that Evander Kane may become available.

Anyone on the team/roster should be available sans McDonagh, Lundqvist and Callahan.
    I'd add Kreider to that list.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    I'd add Kreider to that list.
    I like Kreider and really loved what he showed in the playoffs but...

Kreider's ceiling= What Kane is right now IMO.

Kane is only going to get better. Was not a big fan of his leading up to the draft because of how raw he was (relative to where he was ranked, taking a really raw player in the top 5 is a huge risk) but hes always had arguably the highest ceiling of any player from that draft, Tavares included.

Hes taken the correct steps forward since being drafted and once his body catches up with his skill, hes going to tear this league a new one.

I like Kreider and really loved what he showed in the playoffs but...

Kreider's ceiling= What Kane is right now IMO.

Kane is only going to get better. Was not a big fan of his leading up to the draft because of how raw he was (relative to where he was ranked, taking a really raw player in the top 5 is a huge risk) but hes always had arguably the highest ceiling of any player from that draft, Tavares included.

Hes taken the correct steps forward since being drafted and once his body catches up with his skill, hes going to tear this league a new one.
    Perhaps you are right, but here is the rub, you won't get Kane for JUST Kreider. If someone wanted to argue that you make that deal straight up, I could see it. But the Jets would want to START a deal for Kane with Kreider, and that is a no go for me.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Perhaps you are right, but here is the rub, you won't get Kane for JUST Kreider. If someone wanted to argue that you make that deal straight up, I could see it. But the Jets would want to START a deal for Kane with Kreider, and that is a no go for me.
    Yep. Trading several roster players and prospects doesn't help the Rangers.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
    Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
    Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure.
    Me likes.

Girardi, Anisimov, Thomas, 1st.

^ too much.

Girardi or Staal alone should get it done and TBH, I'm not too hot on trading either one of them for Ryan.

I would for Kane though.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Dubi, Erixson, Thomas 1st?

Thread Information