Closed Thread
Page 90 of 157 FirstFirst ... 40 80 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 100 140 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 3910
  1. #2226

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Oh...my...goodness. You could have at least waited until we lost the series before you made your return.

    The 1st seed reg season must have been killing you.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

  2. #2227
    2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS aeromac76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huntington, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    We've won 2 in a row before, we can do it again.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

  3. #2228
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    We've won 2 in a row before, we can do it again.
    Probably only if Anderson somehow starts letting in bad goals. Ottawa's the better team....they carry the play, they generate better scoring chances, they play more physical and they win most of the 1 on 1 battles. I dont think there's anything the Rangers can do to change any of this. Its been going on for 5 games now, if there were adjustments to make they would have been done already.

    Only chance is if Anderson lets in a few softies, and maybe we get lucky with a fluke goal or two. But I expect to see in Game 6 the same things we've seen this entire series in terms of who carries the play and what team gets better scoring chances.

    What I do want to see is more ice time for Kreider and Rupp. Rupp's played only NINE minutes the past two games, yet when he's out there he's been maybe our best forward. He's hitting, he's winning battles, he's playing smart, he's even created a bit of offense. Why is he not playing more? Wasnt he also acquired to be a deterrent to guys like Neil, Carkner and Konopka taking liberties with our players? Rupp cant do anything if he's not on the ice. Also Kreider seems to be around the net anytime he's out there...he's had scoring chances when he's played and he made that one real nice pass to Prust in the 3rd last night. Give him more time!

  4. #2229
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by trentonthunder View Post
    I agree. Finishing in 1st place only means we get a lower draft pick. Not that that means anything. Our drafting philosophy is questionable to say the least.

    You want players that can score goals ? They can be found in the top 5 of the draft.
    Don't worry, we'll never get a top five pick though. You need a long term philosophy.
    Something the Rangers do not have. Something the Edmonton Oilers do have.
    You have to suck really really bad to get a top 5 pick.

    The Rangers are well and I mean WELL past that stage. So no use of complaining now.



    I'm not sure why you criticizing "long term philosophy". For where they draft every year, the Rangers (Gordie Clark) has done a great job.

    And I wouldn't use the Oilers as a blue print to success.
    Their scouting is awful. When they actually have to scout...

    Picking Hall, RNH and now Yakupov are no brainers.

  5. #2230

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Wasnt he also acquired to be a deterrent to guys like Neil, Carkner and Konopka taking liberties with our players?
    You can blame the referees for not controlling that in the first place. Maybe it's my bias, but I feel like Ottawa is getting away with a lot more than the Rangers are in this series, and that guys like Neil have been instigating and cheap-shotting the entire series with very little repercussions.

  6. #2231
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    League has deemed the Neil hit clean. No discipline upcoming, he will play in Game 6. I'm honestly getting close to the point where I am about to give up on this league. The bias and profound favoritism towards certain teams is out of control.

  7. #2232
    NYYF Legend

    JfromJersey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    League has deemed the Neil hit clean. No discipline upcoming, he will play in Game 6. I'm honestly getting close to the point where I am about to give up on this league. The bias and profound favoritism towards certain teams is out of control.
    Why would they favor Ottawa though..because they're Canadian? Doesn't make sense, especially since a successful New York team would give the whole league more exposure.
    I agree though that the hit on Boyle was borderline dirty.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

    It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

  8. #2233
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    ^ dabomb2045 Just about everyone thinks the hit was dirty. Except for the NHL.

    I am starting to sense the league being bias against the Rangers. I don't think it's all Tortorella popping off at the mouth either.

    I've had that feeling for awhile now.

    It's funny, you tell a non hockey person this or even hockey fan, they'll say that's BS.
    'why would the league not want the Rangers to do well?' 'they would love them to be in the finals'....blah blah blah

    That may have been the case years ago. I don't think that's the case in 2012.

  9. #2234

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    So the standard is don't leave your feet when you're dealing out concussions?:

    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2410336/

    What a messed up league.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

  10. #2235
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    The Senators are just out playing the Rangers in every aspect and have been for 4 1/2 games. The refs haven't helped either, but really the Rangers have nobody to blame but themselves for even letting it get to this point. Beyond frustrated.

    Sad thing is, if they get past this f'n team, the road to the Finals is super easy. This will definitely be the hardest round.

    Having said that - they better get Parise on 7/1.

  11. #2236
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    The Senators are just out playing the Rangers in every aspect and have been for 4 1/2 games. The refs haven't helped either, but really the Rangers have nobody to blame but themselves for even letting it get to this point. Beyond frustrated.

    Sad thing is, if they get past this f'n team, the road to the Finals is super easy. This will definitely be the hardest round.

    Having said that - they better get Parise on 7/1.
    Agreed with your first point. Ottawa looks like the better team. How often has it been said the 8 looks better then the 1? I mean even when Montreal beat the Caps two years ago...that was a case of Halak just standing on his head, and the Habs taking advantage of their few scoring chances. The Caps still outplayed them. This series? Ottawa looks like the 1 seed, we look like the 8 seed barely staying in these games.

    Not sure if the road to the Finals is easy...even if we miraculously win these next 2 games. I dont think this team will have an easy road against anyone.

  12. #2237
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    it`s all about the goaltending.............it always has.......so it will always be........let it be written in stone.......
    Last edited by montrealer; 04-22-12 at 08:40 PM.

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  13. #2238
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Agreed with your first point. Ottawa looks like the better team. How often has it been said the 8 looks better then the 1? I mean even when Montreal beat the Caps two years ago...that was a case of Halak just standing on his head, and the Habs taking advantage of their few scoring chances. The Caps still outplayed them. This series? Ottawa looks like the 1 seed, we look like the 8 seed barely staying in these games.

    Not sure if the road to the Finals is easy...even if we miraculously win these next 2 games. I dont think this team will have an easy road against anyone.
    Now that Pittsburgh is out I feel the Rangers match up well with all the possible remaining teams. It's never easy to win the Cup, but I do feel that this matchup vs Ottawa is the toughest for this team the way it's put together.

  14. #2239
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    I don't like what I've seen at all the past 3 games but I know the Rangers won't go quietly at all. Hagelin is one of the best 5 on 5 forwards we have, so getting him back will help us out massively at even strength. I still think we can win this thing. We didn't come all this way, play so well all year long to lose in 6 in the first round. I just can't see us going out like that. Then again maybe thats my heart and not my head talking.
    Winning is second to breathing!

  15. #2240

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    lol oh tt come on now seriously?

    If you want to gloat after hiding like a coward for most of the season, couldn't you wait until the Rangers are officially knocked out to do it? At the very least, you would have had to wait another 24 hours.

    PS. Your tanking argument hasn't gotten any less retarded over the last few months. The two most egregious abusers of that system have been the Pens and Hawks, the former has been a first round exit each of the last 2 seasons and the latter is on their way to joining them.

    It sucks that this team is spitting the bit right now. If the Rangers took care of business, there would have a decent chance that they would have gotten by not having to play the Pens or the Bruins at all. If they can pull their heads out of their asses and win the next two with Boston dropping game 7, they'll cruise to the cup finals.

  16. #2241
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Now that Pittsburgh is out I feel the Rangers match up well with all the possible remaining teams. It's never easy to win the Cup, but I do feel that this matchup vs Ottawa is the toughest for this team the way it's put together.
    They don't think they match up against the Caps at all.

    That's why I was rooting for the Bruins.



    Lines I would like to see:

    Hagelin:Richards:Gaborik
    Kreider:Stepan:Callahan
    Dubinsky:Anisimov:Fedtenko
    Mitchell:Rupp : Prust

    Tortorella said, Kreider will see more minutes. I would like to see him on the PP.

    I would like the see Kreider more active and not be so timid.
    That kid that got called up from juniors on Ottawa, looked quite comfortable.

    Kreider needs to be the same.

  17. #2242
    NYYF Cy Young

    CT-Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CT, far enough from Boston

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    So no discipline for Neil? What a joke. In light of everything else they have done, they are obligated to hand out at least a token suspension. THe NHL continues to show how inept it is.

  18. #2243

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    They don't think they match up against the Caps at all.

    That's why I was rooting for the Bruins.



    Lines I would like to see:

    Hagelin:Richards:Gaborik
    Kreider:Stepan:Callahan
    Dubinsky:Anisimov:Fedtenko
    Mitchell:Rupp : Prust

    Tortorella said, Kreider will see more minutes. I would like to see him on the PP.

    I would like the see Kreider more active and not be so timid.
    That kid that got called up from juniors on Ottawa, looked quite comfortable.

    Kreider needs to be the same.
    If Holtby stays hot then yeah.

    Hes as streaky as they come. I can see him getting thrashed in round 2 en route to a 4 game sweep for the other team if they can get past Boston.


    Bruins have the experience, size, etc. They haven't played well at all in their series and yet they're still there. I'd want them to get knocked out ASAP before they figure it out.

  19. #2244
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    They don't think they match up against the Caps at all.

    That's why I was rooting for the Bruins.



    Lines I would like to see:

    Hagelin:Richards:Gaborik
    Kreider:Stepan:Callahan
    Dubinsky:Anisimov:Fedtenko
    Mitchell:Rupp : Prust

    Tortorella said, Kreider will see more minutes. I would like to see him on the PP.

    I would like the see Kreider more active and not be so timid.
    That kid that got called up from juniors on Ottawa, looked quite comfortable.

    Kreider needs to be the same.
    You'd sit Boyle over Anisimov?

  20. #2245
    2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS aeromac76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huntington, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    You'd sit Boyle over Anisimov?
    Boyle is concussed, he's already been declared out tonight, would likely be out for game 7 as well if we get there, and is likely out for the playoffs no matter how far we go.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

  21. #2246
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Boyle is concussed, he's already been declared out tonight, would likely be out for game 7 as well if we get there, and is likely out for the playoffs no matter how far we go.
    Oh is that what Neil did? I gotta stop watching these games drunk.

    So Torres' gets 25 games for leaving his feet causing a concussion, Hagelin got 3 games for elbowing a guy into a concussion and Neal gets...nothing for leaving his feet causing a concussion?

  22. #2247
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Oh is that what Neil did? I gotta stop watching these games drunk.

    So Torres' gets 25 games for leaving his feet causing a concussion, Hagelin got 3 games for elbowing a guy into a concussion and Neal gets...nothing for leaving his feet causing a concussion?
    Correct!

  23. #2248
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Correct!
    What was the league's official reasoning for that? Shanahan really likes painting himself into a corner.

  24. #2249

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Oh is that what Neil did? I gotta stop watching these games drunk.

    So Torres' gets 25 games for leaving his feet causing a concussion, Hagelin got 3 games for elbowing a guy into a concussion and Neal gets...nothing for leaving his feet causing a concussion?
    I can't speak to the Hagelin hit and how it relates to Neil. . .

    That being said, Torres got 25 games for being a scumbag repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat offender. I still believe his punishment was light.

  25. #2250
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MTYankee23 View Post
    I can't speak to the Hagelin hit and how it relates to Neil. . .

    That being said, Torres got 25 games for being a scumbag repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat offender. I still believe his punishment was light.
    I agree. I'm not saying Torres didn't get what he deserved, but you can't tell me the league is consistent or rational with it's discipline.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts