Closed Thread
Page 85 of 157 FirstFirst ... 35 75 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 95 135 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 3910

Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

Again they spend about 80% of the 3rd period in our end.

Boyle saving the day.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

Wow...Boyle is a man possessed

Wow..now that is a road win to cherish. Gritty performance from our guys.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

Hank....just absolutely brilliant

Guinness for Strength! Boogiedown Bomber's Avatar

Henrik Lundqvist = The King

Wow!

Whew. Thank you Boyle, thank you Hank.

Turris will be having flashbacks.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

NYYF Triple Crown

What a game. What a quarter.

That was October-February Hank....been waiting for him to arrive again...he's back!! Great games from Boyle and Stralman too. Easily the best three Rangers tonight.

Gabby and Richards seemed quiet...I dont think we can afford for them to be quiet again on Wednesday.
    Not that it will be a must win game but it sure would be nice to wrap this up quickly.

"Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

I feel emotionally exhausted.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Gabby and Richards seemed quiet...I dont think we can afford for them to be quiet again on Wednesday.
    Not that it will be a must win game but it sure would be nice to wrap this up quickly.

I agree. In fact a number of Rangers have been quiet. Or inconsistent.

Teams seem to really shut Gaborik down in the playoffs. They know he's the big scorer. So they focus on him.
    The Sens look like they've tried to knock him around some.

We need our big guns to get going. We're really struggling to control play because of them. Richards, Callahan, and Dubi have been pretty ordinary, Gaborik's been brutal the last two, and Stepan has been MIA for over a month now.

If we can get these guys going, with Feds-Boyle-Prust doing what they do in the playoffs, we're good to go.

Many more games like this and I won't have any fingernails left. Nice "revenge" goal for Boyler. King Hank!
    "The future ain't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

Devoted Member

Heckuva gritty win. Lundqvist was simply spectacular.

Great win-- Lundqvist was amazing.

And F*** Anderson and his grandstanding look-around when he stopped the breakaway shot.

Here's a cookie, now get back in the crease, stupid.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Great win-- Lundqvist was amazing.

And F*** Anderson and his grandstanding look-around when he stopped the breakaway shot.

Here's a cookie, now get back in the crease, stupid.
    Yeah..how did that work out for him?
    "The future ain't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Boyle is on fire! I love it. I knew he had it in him. Now we just need the guys who are paid to be on fire to do so.

Thanks for the W Hank.

NYYF Cy Young

They need more goal scoring, but last night was the type of win that you need to get to a Cup.
    Attention Steinbrenner and front-office morons! Your triumphs mean nothing. You all stink. You can sit on it, and rotate! This is George Costanza. I fear no reprisal. Extension 5-1-7-0.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    They need more goal scoring, but last night was the type of win that you need to get to a Cup.
    I'd rather have too much defense than too much offense, Flyers / Penguins is Exhibit A. But the Rangers need to pick up a top goal scorer next year

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I'd rather have too much defense than too much offense, Flyers / Penguins is Exhibit A. But the Rangers need to pick up a top goal scorer next year
    Right, I agree. Our defense got us the #1 seed in the east, and that's what wins in the playoffs. We just need another legit threat so they can't clamp down on Gaborik.
    Attention Steinbrenner and front-office morons! Your triumphs mean nothing. You all stink. You can sit on it, and rotate! This is George Costanza. I fear no reprisal. Extension 5-1-7-0.

NYYF Legend

Hank should be Hank throughout this series, but Anderson has been pretty damn amazing too, and hopefully will come back down to earth. What did you guys think of putting Kreider on the top line? I understand his speed offsets the loss of Hagelin, but that's putting an awful lot on the kid's plate right away.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Hank should be Hank throughout this series, but Anderson has been pretty damn amazing too, and hopefully will come back down to earth. What did you guys think of putting Kreider on the top line? I understand his speed offsets the loss of Hagelin, but that's putting an awful lot on the kid's plate right away.
    He was kind of thrust upon the team after 82 games. I don't know how much time John Tortorella has during the season to watch BC games so he probably wanted to see what kind of heart and character the kid has.

I've had to rely on highlights for the last 2 games as I was out of town for a wedding. I set the DVR to record both games but it only worked for game 2, I'll probably watch that sometime tonight.

The Hagelin suspension was a bit tough. I don't have any problem with him getting tossed or even getting a game but 3 is a pretty steep price to pay when you have no previous history or there isn't any obvious intent. How Phillips didn't even get a game for his hit on Cally is dumbfounding, that to me was MUCH worse than Hagelin's hit because the intent was there.

Sucks that Alfie had to get injured like that but he can thank his teammates for starting .................

I'm very excited get my first viewing of Kreider in the NHL tomorrow. Everything I read made it sound like he looked pretty good in his first game yesterday, hopefully he'll score a big goal and take off from there.

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey
    Anderson isn't an awful goalie. Hes not a top 10 goalie but there are a bunch of brand names he has been much better than so far in this playoff season. I like that we're winning despite playing a guy who has been pretty hot in the other net, I fully believe that this will even out later on in the playoffs, should we win two more games before the Senators win another 3.

Kreider is mentally mature enough to handle the pressure of playing on the top line. I like that it seemed like his minutes were limited despite playing up there (judging this off the stat sheet) but really by putting a kid who hasn't played in the NHL and has had almost no practice time with his line mates, you're killing the productivity of that line. I'm glad he didn't look out of place, but Brian Boyle can't be relied on to win every game.

Who knows, maybe they light it up in game 4 but in reality, Hagelin can't return soon enough.

NYYF Legend

^ Some brief stuff on Kreider last night.

-Looked quite nervous in the 1st period. Settled down as the game progressed.

-Needs to battle better along the boards.

-Kind of shied away from contact.

-Protected the puck well with big body.

-Showed his speed at times.

-He needs to be more aggressive. Kind of glided/floated at times. Wasn't engaged enough.

I watched him less than a handful of games at BC. So I'm not sure if some of this is his game or was he just timid in his NHL debut.

He obviously tried not to make a mistake.

Thread Information