Closed Thread
Page 77 of 157 FirstFirst ... 27 67 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 3910

Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

Can you refuse to pay a fine? I mean, what can they do if you just flat out refuse to pay?
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Can you refuse to pay a fine? I mean, what can they do if you just flat out refuse to pay?
    Suspend you I would imagine.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Suspend you I would imagine.
    But what if he ignores the suspension, like George Costanza ignores that he got fired and shows up pretending nothing happened

Forum Regular

It wouldn't surprise me if the Rangers front office pays for the fine but they keep it quiet.
    Winning is second to breathing!

Forum Regular

This whole thing is a joke. I've seen Crosby slewfoot Callahan and Avery before. Him and Letang slash people all the time. My favorite is Crosby complaining to the refs about the Caps fans throwing their hats on the ice after an Ovie hat trick. Funny thing is his concussion happened on an innocent hit (he got clipped if I remember correctly) but if he keeps this up someone will take liberties with him and it won't be pretty.

And if you don't believe me about the hats....:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/p...urn=nhl,161225

Forum Regular

I've also had enough of Mario. He was ready to move that team out of Pitt and the NHL bent over backward to keep that team there and get them a new area. That team had no ................ing fans, no on cared about them until they got Crosby. I've had enough of him and his letters to the league. He talks so much about player safety yet in 3 consecutive games his players have laid questionable hits and his coaching staff throws the 4th line out there to start a brawl with the Flyers to send a message. He also employs Matt Cooke who is the biggest cheap shot artist of them all. The only difference between Mario and a clown is the big floppy red shoes.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

The double standard is appalling. The other teams better take notice and do something about this. Between Cindy crying about it and the league fining Torts - it pretty much made his point more valid. Then as icing on the cake, Pittsburgh called up their goon squad for tonight's game vs Philly.

You have to be a special brand of asshole to get me to agree with Mike Millbury and root for a team from Philly.

I think the biggest ding on hockey right now is that Cindy Crosby is the face of the sport. Honestly, Malkin, Stamkos and Ovechkin (among others) are far more valuable to their teams then he is. I'm so sick of him.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I think the biggest ding on hockey right now is that Cindy Crosby is the face of the sport. Honestly, Malkin, Stamkos and Ovechkin (among others) are far more valuable to their teams then he is. I'm so sick of him.
    I know I'm biased and I know he's not as pure talented as Crosby but I don't get why NBC isn't all about Callahan. He's as hard a worker as you'll see in the NHL, he's the captain of the New York Rangers, he's American. NBC is all about "feel good" stories. He's right up their alley.

I think he'll be at that level as far as national attention goes soon. As of now we know where he stands in NY and it's all that matters. Besides, when people look at the Rangers I think they see Lunqvist before anyone else. With good reason.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

I think he'll be at that level as far as national attention goes soon. As of now we know where he stands in NY and it's all that matters. Besides, when people look at the Rangers I think they see Lunqvist before anyone else. With good reason.
    Very true, and as well they should. I'm just saying to have the captain of the original six team in New York City be an American born 30 goal scorer who plays every shift hard and has great leadership is something that I'm surprised hasn't been hyped up.

In lighter news, Kreider & Co go for back to back national title's tonight vs Ferris State. If this kid doesn't come out of college after winning 2 NCAAs, a World Jr gold, and playing for USA in the World Championships last year...he doesn't want to be in the NHL.

NYYF Legend

Two of them are European. That's why.

With Stamkos, he wasn't coined the next Gretzky...

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I know I'm biased and I know he's not as pure talented as Crosby but I don't get why NBC isn't all about Callahan. He's as hard a worker as you'll see in the NHL, he's the captain of the New York Rangers, he's American. NBC is all about "feel good" stories. He's right up their alley.
    He's American...

In lighter news, Kreider & Co go for back to back national title's tonight vs Ferris State. If this kid doesn't come out of college after winning 2 NCAAs, a World Jr gold, and playing for USA in the World Championships last year...he doesn't want to be in the NHL.
    I read the other day that the Rangers assistant GM was down there in Tampa. Waiting to sign Kreider if BC was eliminated.
    So looks like Kreider WILL be a Rangers this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post

He's American...

So looks like Kreider WILL be a Rangers this year.
    The fact that Callahan is American should add to his star power for NBC - an American network. Have you ever watched their Olympics coverage? They're all about the local feel good story - that's what Captain Cally is.

You think they'd have a rookie make his NHL debut in the playoffs?

NYYF Legend

The Rangers have been looking to sign Kreider since the the summer. I think they were really disappointed when he went back to BC.

They had him on the reserve list?
    It's obvious that the Rangers don't mind burning a year on the ELC.

NYYF Legend

The fact that Callahan is American should add to his star power for NBC - an American network. Have you ever watched their Olympics coverage? They're all about the local feel good story - that's what Captain Cally is.

You think they'd have a rookie make his NHL debut in the playoffs?
    I think he'll practice with them and be around them during this playoff chase. He'll get his blowout press conference to introduce him to the media. But, I don't think Torts is going to dress a kid that hasn't ever played a minute in the NHL. Not in the playoffs. The amount of things that can go wrong are just too great. The way this team has played this season, there's no reason to bring him into the playoffs.

Let him work out with the team through this run, give him an entire training camp to learn Torts' systems, he starts Opening Night next season.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    I think he'll practice with them and be around them during this playoff chase. He'll get his blowout press conference to introduce him to the media. But, I don't think Torts is going to dress a kid that hasn't ever played a minute in the NHL. Not in the playoffs. The amount of things that can go wrong are just too great. The way this team has played this season, there's no reason to bring him into the playoffs.

Let him work out with the team through this run, give him an entire training camp to learn Torts' systems, he starts Opening Night next season.
    After tonight, Krieder will have under his belt:
    - Two NCAA Titles (with a win)
    - WJC Gold Medal
    - WJC Bronze Medal
    - Three Hockey East Championships
    - Three Beanpot Titles

The kid is already a champ, and the Rangers wanted him signed last summer but he stayed on at BC. Plus both Kreider and Torts are from the Boston area so they should click right away. It would be stupid not to dress him, that's just not going to happen. He's going to sign and he's going to get enough playing time to be dangerous in the playoffs.

They wouldn't burn a year of ELC to play dress up for practice and scout in the stands. And on the other side he won't sign anything unless he gets some assurance of play time

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post

I hope this is how it will go down but the front office seems hell bent in getting Kreider in the lineup. I don't understand it, hes a very good prospect, but not a great one. Even in 4th line duty I don't know how much good it would do, he'd be better off getting top 6 minutes with the Whale.

Also, any word on Stepan's status for today?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    After tonight, Krieder will have under his belt:
    - Two NCAA Titles (with a win)
    - WJC Gold Medal
    - WJC Bronze Medal
    - Three Hockey East Championships
    - Three Beanpot Titles

The kid is already a champ, and the Rangers wanted him signed last summer but he stayed on at BC. Plus both Kreider and Torts are from the Boston area so they should click right away. It would be stupid not to dress him, that's just not going to happen. He's going to sign and he's going to get enough playing time to be dangerous in the playoffs.

They wouldn't burn a year of ELC to play dress up for practice and scout in the stands. And on the other side he won't sign anything unless he gets some assurance of play time
    The accomplishments are great but the jump from the NCAA to the NHL is a really big one.

Out of our NCAA guys, only Stepan made the jump to the NHL with no AHL time and he did this out of training camp after finishing 2nd in the country in scoring at a program that is actually good at developing NHL talent (look at the roster for the 09-10 Badgers and see how many of those guys are in the NHL right now, very impressive.) Kreider's got great potential, but there are kinks in his game that need to be worked out (thank BC's coach for that), and there is no time to work on this things during the playoffs.

NYYF Legend

@Buccigross. Will the NYR's have a contract and private jet waiting postgame for BC's Chris Kreider?

@DarrenDreger it's already idling. #jetbluehirts

So are we looking at Ottawa in the 1st round?

Little extra travel but for some reason, I just didnt want to play Washington in the 1st round.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Rangers really showed up...

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Rangers really showed up...
    They did. It came down to the goalies. One was very good, the other was very bad.

So we ended up with the Sens which was the least likely scenario.

I can see us dismantling them in 4 if we get our game back. In reality, their entire offense revolved around Spezza and Karlsson, take those two out and while you still have to deal with a few pretty good players, it won't be enough for them.

Their defense is moblie but soft for the most part. They excel in pushing the offense, but throw enough pressure on them and they'll be prone to turning the puck over.

We should be able to dictate the pace of this series and take this. If we open it up and play their game, we'd be asking for trouble.

Think we'll take it in 5, but it could be easier than that.

NYYF Legend

I'm assuming the Rangers can get by Ottawa, but Lundqvist needs to start playing like the Vezina winner he assumes to be.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Thread Information