Closed Thread
Page 1 of 157 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 3910
  1. #1
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Let's get some offense going this year.

  2. #2

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    2012 will be our year!!!!
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

  3. #3
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Find some offensive difference makers. And come up with a PP that isnt an insult to the game of hockey.

  4. #4

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Richards or bust.

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    I want Richards, Kreider and Thomas on the team.

    Stepan, work on your skating, faceoffs and put some weight on.

    Avery get off my team. You too Drury.

    Del Zotto, get your offensive game back and learn how to defend.

  6. #6
    NYYF Cy Young

    trentonthunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Windsor, NJ

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Fire the management is the first step. Get rid of Gaborik, Drury, Lundquist, and anyone else who gets big money. Finish in last place for three or four years (while letting our young guys develop), draft, draft, draft, and we'll have a Stanley Cup in 10 years.

    If not, if we follow the same business model under the current cap system, then continue to expect middle of the pack finishes with early exits from the playoffs. We ARE NOT a player or two from a serious run. No way, no shape, no how.
    [

  7. #7
    Re2pect Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    I had to turn it off after the 3rd goal was scored. What an awful game. In a series where the Rangers could have easily been up 3-1 they totally choked when it mattered. How disappointing.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.


    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  8. #8
    NYYF Cy Young

    trentonthunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Windsor, NJ

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    2012 will be our year!!!!
    Dilusional...totally dilusional.
    [

  9. #9
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by trentonthunder View Post
    Fire the management is the first step. Get rid of Gaborik, Drury, Lundquist, and anyone else who gets big money. Finish in last place for three or four years (while letting our young guys develop), draft, draft, draft, and we'll have a Stanley Cup in 10 years.

    If not, if we follow the same business model under the current cap system, then continue to expect middle of the pack finishes with early exits from the playoffs. We ARE NOT a player or two from a serious run. No way, no shape, no how.
    What the hell are you talking about?

    lol

  10. #10

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I had to turn it off after the 3rd goal was scored. What an awful game. In a series where the Rangers could have easily been up 3-1 they totally choked when it mattered. How disappointing.
    Its frustrating for sure, but when you look back at how the season started and what was actually expected from this team and then look at how it actually played out, it makes it much easier to swallow.

    Well, at least it did for me.

  11. #11
    Re2pect Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    The only comfort I can take out of the outcome is our best player was not part of the collapse. If Callahan was on the team and this happened I'd be more furious than disappointed.

    I know the expectations were low, I agree. But as this series went on and I saw how the Rangers matched up well with them outside of the scoring issue, I started to expect more. And I really expected a win today. But you're right though, if I knew when the season started how it would have ended I would have taken it happily.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.


    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  12. #12

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by trentonthunder View Post
    Dilusional...totally dilusional.
    Gullible...totally gullible.


    And any plan that involves getting rid of Lundqvist is insane/ignorant...both.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

  13. #13
    Re2pect Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    I can't see how in any circumstance Lundqvist would be a consideration in a trade. When you have an elite goalie you hang on for dear life and try to do your best elsewhere on the team. Because no matter how good or bad your offense is your goalie can carry you further than anyone else. People took shots at him for the goals that have been let up in this series.... I think they forget, for instance, in game 4, he faced like 1500 shots.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.


    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  14. #14
    NYYF Legend

    JfromJersey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    The Rangers have some good players and an elite goalie. They are also one of the younger teams in the league. What they need..
    A top line Center (Brad Richards).
    Another scoring forward (C or W).
    An enforcer with some skill.
    An offensive Dman to qb the PP.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

    It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

  15. #15

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    We have a very good coach, a great goalie, improving young players, and buckets full of guts and heart. This idea that they're years away is ridiculous. They were the 8th seed going against the 1st seed, and before the 3rd period Wednesday this series was damn near even.

    The organization is deep with 2nd/3rd liners and 2nd/3rd pairing defensemen. It may be time to use that to add a young high impact player, or move up in the draft, or both. If Kreider decides to go back to BC, I would shop him in a package for that first line guy.

  16. #16
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    We have a very good coach, a great goalie, improving young players, and buckets full of guts and heart. This idea that they're years away is ridiculous. They were the 8th seed going against the 1st seed, and before the 3rd period Wednesday this series was damn near even.

    The organization is deep with 2nd/3rd liners and 2nd/3rd pairing defensemen. It may be time to use that to add a young high impact player, or move up in the draft, or both. If Kreider decides to go back to BC, I would shop him in a package for that first line guy.
    You build a contender from the goaltender out. The netminder is one of the best in the world, the D-core is top 10 in the league (if not higher than that). They just need to find a way to get some scoring, and they'll be pretty close to an elite team.


  17. #17

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    You build a contender from the goaltender out. The netminder is one of the best in the world, the D-core is top 10 in the league (if not higher than that). They just need to find a way to get some scoring, and they'll be pretty close to an elite team.
    I don't think they're there yet. No doubt that they've got the potential to be in the conversation a year from now (especially if DZ bounces back) but at this point, they're a top 15 group at best, certainly not bad when you consider the age of the defense as a whole.

    I like that they can (and at certain points this season, actually did) run an entirely home grown group out there. Having an effective, cost controlled group of defensemen is a luxury that not many teams in the league are fortunate enough to have.

  18. #18
    Guinness for Strength! Boogiedown Bomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    You build a contender from the goaltender out. The netminder is one of the best in the world, the D-core is top 10 in the league (if not higher than that). They just need to find a way to get some scoring, and they'll be pretty close to an elite team.
    I agree. Will Richards be our go-to guy if Slats signs him? Yes, he's done well with scoring in the playoffs, and he did have a career year back in 09-10. But, will he do well playing on Broadway?

  19. #19

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    ^ Why wouldn't he? Aside from a serious unforeseen injury, theres no reason to believe that he'll come here and just suck it up.

    Hes not that old (about to turn 31 a week from tomorrow) and he has the type of skill set that will allow him to be effective into his late 30's. This isn't Drury or Gomez we're talking about here, hes been much more productive over the course of his career than either of those guys.

    Richards and maybe a guy like Rupp or Eager are the only UFA's we should even consider going after, and thats including guys like Prospal and Fedetenko.

  20. #20
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown Bomber View Post
    I agree. Will Richards be our go-to guy if Slats signs him? Yes, he's done well with scoring in the playoffs, and he did have a career year back in 09-10. But, will he do well playing on Broadway?
    I certainly think he'd help, but I still think they won't have enough scoring, unless the Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan line steps up next year. Richards isn't all of a sudden going to make them a cup contender, they still need secondary scoring.


  21. #21
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    They have secondary scoring...

    Anisimov
    Stepan
    Callahan
    Dubinsky
    Boyle
    Hope to get some contributions from a couple of rookies next year (Kreider? Hagelin, Thomas? Grachev)

    What they need is a couple of primary/elite offensive players. Gaborik is one. They need another one.

  22. #22

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Tortorella has signed a 3 year extension with the Rangers.

  23. #23
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    They have secondary scoring...

    Anisimov
    Stepan
    Callahan
    Dubinsky
    Boyle
    Hope to get some contributions from a couple of rookies next year (Kreider? Hagelin, Thomas? Grachev)

    What they need is a couple of primary/elite offensive players. Gaborik is one. They need another one.
    Those guys are only secondary scorers if there are elite players in front of them. I'm not sure Gaborik and Richards are enough elite players to render Callahan, Dubinsky, and Anisimov as secondary scorers. Right now, those guys are the elite players on the team.


  24. #24
    Bleeding Blue YankeeGalSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Too far from Yankee Stadium

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by trentonthunder View Post
    Fire the management is the first step. Get rid of Gaborik, Drury, Lundquist, and anyone else who gets big money. Finish in last place for three or four years (while letting our young guys develop), draft, draft, draft, and we'll have a Stanley Cup in 10 years.

    If not, if we follow the same business model under the current cap system, then continue to expect middle of the pack finishes with early exits from the playoffs. We ARE NOT a player or two from a serious run. No way, no shape, no how.
    Gabby and Drury ..yes. Lundqvist...are you crazy? He's half the reason we even made it to playoffs. However, I wouldn't blame him if he sought out other opportunities. He looked very upset after the last game.
    "The future ain't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

  25. #25
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    While their exit was disappointing, thinking back to the amount of injuries they played through and the low expectations we all had back in October, it was a fun season overall.

    We all know that changes need to be made, but I have no idea how many of them will come to fruition. To me, the first order of business is to somehow get rid of Drury's 7.5million cap hit.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts