Closed Thread
Page 87 of 157 FirstFirst ... 37 77 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 97 137 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 3910
    NYYF Legend

Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

They're dominating the period but of course can't finish.

Dreadfulness on the PP.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

NYYF Legend

Ugly.

They don't deserve to win.

Not feeling good about O/T.

Not being able to play a lick of offense is emotionally draining. I can only imagine what it does for Tortorella's health.

I dont agree that we dont deserve to win. Our guys have worked their backsides off in their own zone.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Gaborik needs to start showing up in the playoffs.

This team is so offensively frustrating.

This O/T will be quick....

didnt deserve that one.

We got a series.

Brutal.

And we'll be travelling to Canada again.

Score a damn goal for Christ sake....ridiculous.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Told ya, it be over quick.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    This O/T will be quick....
    Yep...ugh

NYYF Legend

Gaborik = Teixeira in the playoffs.

NYYF Legend

Got a feeling this is going 7.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Devoted Member

Isn't that something like 7 straight OT losses for Hank?

What a kick in the balls.

Looked good offensively coming out in OT, only to have their only offensive possession and subsequent shot go in.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Fortunate they didn't lose both games here. Got outshot 39-23 in the last game and were outplayed throughout. And then tonight they don't score after the first seven minutes. Ottawa have been the better team so far.

Devoted Member

It doesn't help the Rangers offense that Anderson is playing out of his mind.

So f*cking disgusted with this team right now. Unacceptable effort...they played like they didnt want it tonight after getting up 2-0.

Ottawa has looked like the #1 seed in this series. The play is in the Rangers zone alot of the time, their forecheck is better, they are winning the puck battles and getting better scoring chances. Rangers are getting outworked, outhustled and outplayed. Only reason why its 2-2 is Hank.

This team better do some major soul searching on the flight back to NY.....

NYYF Legend

This will be the Rangers toughest series. imo

IF IF, they escape this round...I mean at this point who knows.

The match ups favor them. Even though the Bruins, Flyers and Devils are better teams than Ottawa.

I don't think Ottawa was better in this game, but we also allowed them to get back into it.

Rangers stopped skating in the second. It didn't help that they went from shooting at will on the PP to turning into a unit of 5 erik christensens again after that.

I'm not happy that they tried to weather the storm after going up two. I understand that 3 goal leads have been death in the playoffs but a 3 goal lead would have yielded us a 3-1 lead in this series with a chance at closing it out at home.

Game 5 is a must win. I expect us to come out and dominate but the one thing last years team had over this years squad was when they got a lead, they almost always held on to it.

They've squandered too many leads and get way to complacent when things are going their way. You just can't do that in the playoffs against a team that can pop goals like Ottawa can.

I'm not at all nervous about the next game since I know this team can and will respond, but for ................s sake, can they show some killer instinct for once?

Anderson is due for a stinker.

CFP, you're much more confident then I am at this point. I dont know what to expect from this team on Saturday.

I'm just so disgusted about tonight. Outside of bits and pieces of the 3rd, the Rangers got completely dominated from the halfway mark of the 1st thru the rest of the game. So sick of watching Ottawa stay in the Rangers zone for so long, watch them pass the puck around like they are on a PP, watch them win every battle on the boards/behind the net and watch us just not skating.

Their D-men pinch fearlessly and relentlessly. I think I saw both of their D-men sitting at the top of the circles for the majority of the time in our zone. There was one instance late in the 3rd where it was a mad scramble in our zone and both their D-men were at the faceoff dots in our zone. They were so confident/cocky we couldn't breakout that they didn't even watch the blue line. They don't even play a 3rd man high. We are so pinned in our zone its not even funny. Forwards go down so low to help out the D and their D follows right into the high slot. We have no forecheck once we gain Ottawa's zone. They outmuscle us (except for Boyle) along the boards, it seems like every player is scared to try and carry the puck in but we can't generate anything off the dump and chase like they can.

Hank's quote after the game was "we just couldnt hold on". Its not about HOLDING ON! Its about playing aggressive hockey and continuing to attack for 60 minutes. The whole "playing to win" thing as opposed to "playing not to lose". Stop letting these #8 seed f*cks dictate play every game.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    CFP, you're much more confident then I am at this point. I dont know what to expect from this team on Saturday.

I'm just so disgusted about tonight. Outside of bits and pieces of the 3rd, the Rangers got completely dominated from the halfway mark of the 1st thru the rest of the game. So sick of watching Ottawa stay in the Rangers zone for so long, watch them pass the puck around like they are on a PP, watch them win every battle on the boards/behind the net and watch us just not skating.

Their D-men pinch fearlessly and relentlessly. I think I saw both of their D-men sitting at the top of the circles for the majority of the time in our zone. There was one instance late in the 3rd where it was a mad scramble in our zone and both their D-men were at the faceoff dots in our zone. They were so confident/cocky we couldn't breakout that they didn't even watch the blue line. They don't even play a 3rd man high. We are so pinned in our zone its not even funny. Forwards go down so low to help out the D and their D follows right into the high slot. We have no forecheck once we gain Ottawa's zone. They outmuscle us (except for Boyle) along the boards, it seems like every player is scared to try and carry the puck in but we can't generate anything off the dump and chase like they can.

Hank's quote after the game was "we just couldnt hold on". Its not about HOLDING ON! Its about playing aggressive hockey and continuing to attack for 60 minutes. The whole "playing to win" thing as opposed to "playing not to lose". Stop letting these #8 seed f*cks dictate play every game.
    I have no problem with them skating around as long as everything is kept to the outside. Whats pissed me off is how many soft plays players make when they have a chance to get it out. Every single player on this roster has been guilty of it. I don't think playing patty cake is the answer but there have been multiple instances where we've had a chance to get something going the other way but a player isn't willing to pay the price to make it happen.

I agree that scoring and dropping into a shell isn't the way to go. If this game isn't the wake up call they needed, then they won't be moving on past the first round unless Hank plays his face off.

They need to get back to getting the puck deep and hitting the hell out of Ottawa's D men. They're not very mobile as a group and they will make mistakes.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    I don't think Ottawa was better in this game, but we also allowed them to get back into it.

Rangers stopped skating in the second. It didn't help that they went from shooting at will on the PP to turning into a unit of 5 erik christensens again after that.

I'm not happy that they tried to weather the storm after going up two. I understand that 3 goal leads have been death in the playoffs but a 3 goal lead would have yielded us a 3-1 lead in this series with a chance at closing it out at home.

Game 5 is a must win. I expect us to come out and dominate but the one thing last years team had over this years squad was when they got a lead, they almost always held on to it.

They've squandered too many leads and get way to complacent when things are going their way. You just can't do that in the playoffs against a team that can pop goals like Ottawa can.

I'm not at all nervous about the next game since I know this team can and will respond, but for ................s sake, can they show some killer instinct for once?

Anderson is due for a stinker.

I don't think Tortorella has has coached well at all.

The complacency with the lead comes from him. Sitting on the lead has happened a few times now.
    Even game 1. Only reason they didn't blow it because they had a big lead.

You'd think a coaching staff that has won a cup would know better...

I bet that stuff about Tortorella and Lundqvist getting into it after game 2 was true.

My guess is, Lundqvist was not too pleased about playing prevent defense. A couple of clues lead me to believe this...

He didn't mention it to the media after the game but after game 3 Lundqvist was talking about how he didn't like that they blew the lead late by sitting back.
    Felt they gave the game away...

Callahan said the same thing along with other players thought they were sitting back too much.

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    I have no problem with them skating around as long as everything is kept to the outside. Whats pissed me off is how many soft plays players make when they have a chance to get it out. Every single player on this roster has been guilty of it. I don't think playing patty cake is the answer but there have been multiple instances where we've had a chance to get something going the other way but a player isn't willing to pay the price to make it happen.

I agree that scoring and dropping into a shell isn't the way to go. If this game isn't the wake up call they needed, then they won't be moving on past the first round unless Hank plays his face off.

They need to get back to getting the puck deep and hitting the hell out of Ottawa's D men. They're not very mobile as a group and they will make mistakes.
    You would think we'd be able to exploit their back line better. The breakouts out of our own zone has been awful...if we could just calm down with the puck, make better decisions and breakout better we could definetly catch them with odd man rushes because they pinch so damn much and their forwards are so deep. I feel like if Ottawa played this way against a more offensive minded team, they'd be giving up 5-6 goals a game. They open themselves up to getting burned w/their aggressiveness but we can't take advantage. They obviously dont respect the Rangers ability at all to breakout and take advantage of them that way. Their isnt enough support from the forwards on breakouts, and they keep trying those dumb stretch passes that never work...in fact most get intercepted in the neutral zone which isnt a good thing against a fast puck moving team like Ottawa.

We also have issues carrying it into their zone. Dumping and chasing, something that SHOULD work for us, isnt working anywhere near as well as it should. Ottawa is getting the puck out of their zone pretty well. In contrast that to us...as you mentioned we've been too soft in that area.

Also..faceoffs are killing us. Zenon friggin Konopka is just murdering us in that area. Also give Kreider more ice time in Game 5...he's one of the few forwards that wants to go to the net. He did so tonight in his few chances, almost scored a goal too.

After having a few hours sleep, I think we all knew how our playoff games were going to play out.
    We were never going to be dominant with puck possession or spend large amounts of the game in the opposition zone. We dont have the team for it. So our games are going to be emotional nail biters from start to finish as a consequence.

It looks like we are in between a little bit. I dont think we have been soft because our guys are still flying around defensively and are still throwing their bodies in front of pucks to block shots. If that stopped happening, then I'd be worried about the work ethic but at the moment it just looks like they are fearful of leaving themselves exposed at the back end...like many have said from the get go.
    I guess thats where the lack of experience comes in to play. Not fully knowing or trusting yourself to find the perfect balance of conservative play and aggressive plays up the ice. And with that being the case, the natural tendancy of this club is to go conservative...Other teams with little experience over the years but with a great seeding ( Washington for example ), went the other way in recent years/

Ultimately, we'll be playing in low scoring, single goal games for the majority of the postseason. Combine that with a lack of puck possession and it will lead to up and down series. Fortunately, we have a defense and a Goalie that are good enough in their own end to deal with those ups and downs.

Thread Information