Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

Devoted Member

I love Tortorella.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Flames win! PT still in play and NYR's to lose on Saturday
    They're in a little bit of a pickle because if Washington wins, they get the #3 seed and Florida would probably get the 8th. So losing on Saturday would make it a much easier 1st round for the Rangers...but they wouldn't have the Presidents Trophy.

As for the game last night, typical Pittsburgh BS. Mario Lemieux is one of my favorite players, but he's also a tremendous hypocrite with is comments on the dirty play in the league. I love Tortorella for calling it like it is.

Torts: "Cheap dirty play, they are an arrogant team. They do nothing but whine. I wonder what would happen if we did that to their best players."

Here's an idea... Let's find out!
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

Ranger does that to Cindy= thrown out the game and lengthy suspension.

Berube agrees with Tortorellla:

"They slash, they punch guys in the face, they do all these little things," Berube told CSN Philly. "I got no problem with what Schenn does, and if somebody runs (Crosby) over, that's great, they should run him over. This guy gets away with too much in my opinion, whines to the refs all day and all night, it's a joke."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...146234955.html

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Torts: "Cheap dirty play, they are an arrogant team. They do nothing but whine. I wonder what would happen if we did that to their best players."

Here's an idea... Let's find out!
    Let's find out...next year. Go Flyers (in round 1)!

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Thanks. That's my new facebook cover photo.

NYYF Legend

Fuel for Round 3 if we meet again

Stepan is not on the ice at practice today, at least not in the early going. Hopefully just getting some rest / treatment, and not a sign of something serious. If those f*ers derailed our playoff run with a cheap play like that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Stepan is not on the ice at practice today, at least not in the early going. Hopefully just getting some rest / treatment, and not a sign of something serious. If those f*ers derailed our playoff run with a cheap play like that
    No need for him to play tomorrow. Next game is next Thursday so he has a week to heal up from any bruising.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    If it was anything serious we would have heard about it already.

I'd expect a bruise or maybe a minor sprain/hip pointer, but nothing more than that. Not being in a ton of pain/being able to walk doesn't rule out the possibility of something more serious like a torn ACL (Frolov actually took a shift after tearing his ACL last year),but there are tests that can be done in a few seconds that can determine of further testing is necessary. Again if this were the case we would have probably heard about it already.

Looks like Steps got caught above the knee around the thigh/hip area. Hes lucky.

Orpik won't be suspended even though he deserves to be. If he was wearing another uniform, then we'd see him get 2-4 like he deserves.

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    If it was anything serious we would have heard about it already.

I'd expect a bruise or maybe a minor sprain/hip pointer, but nothing more than that. Not being in a ton of pain/being able to walk doesn't rule out the possibility of something more serious like a torn ACL (Frolov actually took a shift after tearing his ACL last year),but there are tests that can be done in a few seconds that can determine of further testing is necessary. Again if this were the case we would have probably heard about it already.

Looks like Steps got caught above the knee around the thigh/hip area. Hes lucky.

Orpik won't be suspended even though he deserves to be. If he was wearing another uniform, then we'd see him get 2-4 like he deserves.
    I figured he was OK when I saw nobody getting called up today.

NYYF Legend

@HalfordPHT: Report: No supplemental discipline for Orpik after kneeing Stepan http://t.co/3IUmDOET

What a disgrace.

I want one of those goons on the Flyers to take out Cindy.

I don't want hear 'oh why you say something like that'. That brat deserves it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    @HalfordPHT: Report: No supplemental discipline for Orpik after kneeing Stepan http://t.co/3IUmDOET

What a disgrace.

Figures. Next NHL announcement to follow: "Rangers coach Tortorella fined and suspended for negative comments on poor Orpik"

The league must be up Shanny's butt because you know as a Devil and Ranger he'd love to f over the Penguins if he could....and for that hit, he could.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post

What a disgrace.

Cant say I'm surprised. If a Ranger did this to Cindy...he might be banned for life.

Apparently Cindy was calling our captain a whiner today.

"I don't know what he's talking about. I mean, if you want you can put a camera on us all game, put a camera on (Ryan Callahan) all game. You'll see who's over there more. He should worry about his own players."

Pot meet kettle? Callahan is one of the classiest players in the league...he doesnt whine and he doesnt engage in any dirty cheap stuff. You know stuff like Cindy slewfooting Callahan last season. I'm so sick of Crosbaby...this guy is the biggest b*tch in the league. Apparently he was also quoted as he expects Torts to apologize for his comments. Keep dreaming, you delusional dumbass.

NYYF Legend

He's slowly becoming one of the most unlikable players. Amongst his peers and coaches.

That is not something you want if your a player....

He needs to have a seat. No one complains about Callahan. He's considered to be one of the most classiest players in the league.
    Cindy you are not this. Several players and coaches have spoken against you...

Crosby is asking for someone to end his career. Sad part is when it happens, I won't be all that upset.

Torts fined 20k for his comments and yet Orpik goes unpunished lolz....

Yeah, the Pens are definitely on even ice with the rest of the league.

The new NHL, where knocking the "model franchise" costs you $20,000, but intentionally kneeing a player costs you nothing. The lengths this league goes to to protect that franchise and its golden boy Crosby are amazing.

NYYF Legend

Stay classy NHL. smfh

@jessespector
    Does the NHL realize that by fining Tortorella for his comments, they basically proved his point?

NYDNRangers profile

NYDNRangers NHL's handling of this situation is embarrassing 13 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

NYP_Brooksie profile

NYP_Brooksie The double standard as applied to Penguins by NHL office is appalling. More about this coming in Slapshots on Sunday. 18 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

NYP_Brooksie profile

NYP_Brooksie Lemieux writes public letter threatening to sell team, excoriating league and gets off scot-free for his tantrum. 20 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

NYP_Brooksie profile

NYP_Brooksie Cost of protecting Mario Lemieux apparently starts with $20,000 out of John Tortorella's pocket. 22 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

You know its bad when Brooks of all people is siding with Torts

NYYF Legend

MichaelDelZotto Watching golf on the couch = guaranteed nap 41 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

NYYF Legend

Only in the NHL you can get fined for dissing another organization. He said nothing about the league itself.

NHL is steaming because someone called out their golden boy.

The only people I've seen that think Tortorella is in the wrong are Pen fans and mouth pieces for the NHL.

Thread Information