Closed Thread
Page 51 of 157 FirstFirst ... 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3910
  1. #1251

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I heard stuff like 30 goal scorer.

    His upside is probably Bobby Ryan.
    I'd say Ryan Kesler more than Bobby Ryan. Kreider doesn't have the hands, reach or the offensive instincts that Ryan has, but hes much faster and a better defensive player.

    30-35 goal upside is probably right but hes got a bit of work to do before he gets there (if he does.) Most of BC's offense is generated off the rush, but they do a poor job coaching players on what to do once they get set up in the oppositions zone (Torts will have to help him there.)

    Wouldn't trade him for Nash but I also wouldn't take Nash if Columbus was giving him away.

    Would trade him for Ryan though.

  2. #1252
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Ryan makes much more sense then Nash on so many levels. Less of a cap hit, much younger player with a better upside. In fact, I think Nash would be a mistake that could really hurt this team going forward. His cap hit is 7.8M, and there is no doubt a package to get him would probably look something like Duby/Krieder/Miller/1 or 2 #1's/and maybe even something more then that. Supposedly Columbus multiple players already in the NHL, so I can see them asking for Stepan or McD...which obviously is ridiculous. So the cost is too high and the cap hit affects our ability to make any moves in the future. If we're gonna spend that kind of money on someone, I'd much rather it be signing Parise as a FA.

    I still think it will cost way too much to get Ryan. I'm personally fine with this team doing nothing at the deadline. There is something magical going on with this group this year....and I dont wanna mess with it. Only exception being if we could get a veteran type guy as a rental (Selanne for example) without giving up much....which I dont expect would happen anyways.

  3. #1253

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    I'd be pissed if the Rangers signed Nash as a free agent for 6 yr. $7.8M per., forget about giving up key pieces for him. Besides, Dubinsky is a glue guy, and if you feel he's not living up to his contract you move him in the off-season. Moving him during the season for anything but a first line, just entering their prime talent with a good contract (Ryan) isn't worth the problems it could cause with chemistry and in the locker room.

    Make a move or two to solidify depth (2nd-3rd line scoring winger, faceoff specialist, vet third pairing Dman), and let's take a shot with the group we have. We'll still be set up well for the future. All our big guns are still in their prime, our young core is going to continue to improve, and we have even more young talent on the way.

    I have no problem making a move to chase a Cup. You never know when the opportunity to win one will come. But the depth of our team will be killed for the two years until Gaborik's contract is up.

    It's a shame Phoenix isn't selling, Whitney is exactly what we need.

  4. #1254
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    I get the sense that Ryan isn't available anymore.

  5. #1255
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Well....we were due for a stinker. If its gonna be ugly, let it be ugly and get all the bad out of the teams system in one game. LMAO at HFboards...I dont even know why I go there. They act like the season is over after every goal the Rangers allow.

  6. #1256

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    82 games...a beatdown every now and then wont hurt you.

    Biron needs to get his game back though because I'm sure Henrik enjoys the rest he has been able to get this season. It would be tough to see him have to work extra games down the stretch.


    HFBoards - I like to go there and read other teams boards. You get a good perspective of the game seeing it through their biased eyes ( especially the Boston section ).
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

  7. #1257
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    82 games...a beatdown every now and then wont hurt you.

    Biron needs to get his game back though because I'm sure Henrik enjoys the rest he has been able to get this season. It would be tough to see him have to work extra games down the stretch.


    HFBoards - I like to go there and read other teams boards. You get a good perspective of the game seeing it through their biased eyes ( especially the Boston section ).
    Yeah Biron has looked kinda shaky lately. At HF they are killing Torts for not starting Henrik tonight....they all wanted him to play this game, then get several days off (next two, Biron starts vs Blue Jackets, then the next day off). I wont kill Torts for the decision but I kind of understand that POV. The Hawks are struggling but as shown tonight, this is still a team thats loaded with offensive firepower. I understand 3 of the 4 goals were on breakaways, but Biron looked helpless on all of them and got beat five hole on all three. I cant help but think if Hank was in net this game at worst is 2-0...and at best 0-0 or 1-0. Doesnt excuse the piss poor defense (when is the last time the Rangers gave up three clean breakaways in a game?) but games like that happen every now and then.

    HF annoys me though cuz the Rangers fans on their are so damn negative. I just lurk there but for a team thats having the best regular season its the history of the franchise, you would think fans would be enjoying it more....as opposed to killing the team every time it makes a mistake. Tonight...you would think the season just ended.

  8. #1258

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    I didn't have a problem with Biron starting tonight. I knew Chicago would come out strong, but getting Lundqvist a long rest and then giving him an easier game against Columbus is the right thing to do in the long run.

  9. #1259
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    They need another scorer. I think that can help the PP.

    If they don't get the PP solved (having one good game on the pp doesn't solve the problem...) they won't be going deep. imo

  10. #1260
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    I didn't have a problem with Biron starting tonight. I knew Chicago would come out strong, but getting Lundqvist a long rest and then giving him an easier game against Columbus is the right thing to do in the long run.
    I tend to lean more towards this line of thinking. Keeping Hank fresh for the playoffs is key...in past seasons he's had to play so much in the reg season, I think him getting worn down is the main reason why we always havent seen him at his best in the playoffs.

    As for tonight....its one game. They actually played fine for 50 of 60 minutes...the first 10 were just real bad and Biron couldnt make any big saves on the breakaways. Get a few days off and come back strong vs Columbus.

  11. #1261
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    They need another scorer. I think that can help the PP.

    If they don't get the PP solved (having one good game on the pp doesn't solve the problem...) they won't be going deep. imo
    They've actually looked fine on the PP for I would say the past 5 games...tonight was the first ugly one in awhile.

    If there is a scorer available out there for the right price, I'm all for it i.e no Krieder and nothing thats currently on our team right now. Doesnt look like their will be though. The more I think about Duby, the more I think it would be bad to deal him now...he's a glue guy and trading those in midseason generally dont work well for chemistry and locker room reasons. That would be something if you want to deal him and his cap hit, you do it in the offseason.

  12. #1262
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    They've actually looked fine on the PP for I would say the past 5 games...tonight was the first ugly one in awhile.

    If there is a scorer available out there for the right price, I'm all for it i.e no Krieder and nothing thats currently on our team right now. Doesnt look like their will be though. The more I think about Duby, the more I think it would be bad to deal him now...he's a glue guy and trading those in midseason generally dont work well for chemistry and locker room reasons. That would be something if you want to deal him and his cap hit, you do it in the offseason.
    You can make a case most of the team is "glue guys". Usually teams have 2/3 players who are core guys but the Rangers have several.

    Personally, I think Ranger fans overrate Dubinsky. I like him but I think he's expendable.
    He's not the only gritty player on team. What he does can be replaced.

    I wouldn't trade Kreider either. but I would make every other prospect available for a scorer.

  13. #1263
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    You can make a case most of the team is "glue guys". Usually teams have 2/3 players who are core guys but the Rangers have several.

    Personally, I think Ranger fans overrate Dubinsky. I like him but I think he's expendable.
    He's not the only gritty player on team. What he does can be replaced.

    I wouldn't trade Kreider either. but I would make every other prospect available for a scorer.
    You're gonna have to deal Krieder to get the type of scorer thats going to make any kind of significant impact i.e fill a place on the 1st or 2nd line. What can you get for Dubinsky/Miller or Thomas/and a #1? Probably more of a role player like a Shane Doan or something along those lines. I even hear the asking price for Ruutu is thru the roof. Forget about a real impact guy like Ryan.

  14. #1264
    BANG! StatenIslandYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    do not trade Krieder

  15. #1265
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by StatenIslandYankee View Post
    do not trade Krieder
    Two rumored deals I heard for Nash (again its rumored, so take it with a grain of salt) were Kreider/Duby and a 1st rounder. The other one was worse: Krieder/Duby/Hagelin and a #1. Each is way too much esp w/Nash's cap hit.

    To get someone like Ryan it will likely take even more then those offers. You prob would have to add Miller or Thomas, possibly another #1 or Anaheim would ask for McD or Steps. This is why I keep saying for us to get the top 6 scorer we all want...the asking price is just too much.

  16. #1266
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Two rumored deals I heard for Nash (again its rumored, so take it with a grain of salt) were Kreider/Duby and a 1st rounder. The other one was worse: Krieder/Duby/Hagelin and a #1. Each is way too much esp w/Nash's cap hit.

    To get someone like Ryan it will likely take even more then those offers. You prob would have to add Miller or Thomas, possibly another #1 or Anaheim would ask for McD or Steps. This is why I keep saying for us to get the top 6 scorer we all want...the asking price is just too much.
    Exactly. I think Dubi is expendable and he's a prime candidate for one of those guys where a change of scenery could jump start production and his career. He would be a piece in a deal that would benefit both teams. However, McD/Stepan/Kreider/Hagelin are not expendable and as such the Rangers shouldn't make any moves.

  17. #1267
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    If the prices remain high, I rather just wait and sign Parise in July.


    Parise-Richards-Callahan
    Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik



  18. #1268
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    If the prices remains high, I rather just wait and sign Parise in July.


    Parise-Richards-Callahan
    Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik


    I like the sound of that, plus it fvcks Jersey over. However he's already at $6.0 million salary and cap hit. He's going to ask for at least that and at least 5 years.

  19. #1269
    2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS aeromac76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huntington, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    If the prices remain high, I rather just wait and sign Parise in July.


    Parise-Richards-Callahan
    Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik



    This...

    Look I take my run this year, and if you can get a Nash/Ryan or whomever else without giving up the stable do it..


    BUT..

    This is not a window closing win now team, they have several years of their best guys coming into their prime or remaining in it. The window is just opening.
    If the prices remain high, take your chances as is, and if we win or go deep, great!
    If not, reload for next year without giving anything up and add Krieder and maybe a FA like Parise.
    You add those 2 guys to this team for next year and they'll be the odds on favs.. for a few years..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

  20. #1270

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Um, how was that not a goal?
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

  21. #1271

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    That was embarrassing. How can you go to a video replay and still get it completely wrong...pathetic.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

  22. #1272
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    That was embarrassing. How can you go to a video replay and still get it completely wrong...pathetic.
    What are they looking at? I mean that play WASNT EVEN CLOSE. In fact, the Richards goal in Phoenix was much closer to the goal line then this puck was...yet they got that one right. WTF.

  23. #1273
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    Between this call...the quick whistle that took away Callahan's goal vs Chicago...and that bogus interference call on Fatso that cost Arty's goal and at least a point for us....I'm getting real frustrated with the officiating lately.

  24. #1274

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

    22 seconds FTW
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

  25. #1275

    Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread



    Bouncing back after a loss. Bodes well for the playoffs if we take a 1-0 lead in every round.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts