Closed Thread
Page 4 of 157 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: Lets Go Rangers! 2011-2012 season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I'm completely talking out of my ass here but I had some thoughts on this.

Bad head aches are a bitch. They can drive you insane. I suffer from them a lot. between migraines and sinusitis, one triggers the other for me. Sometimes they work together for the 1-2 punch.

I know what it feels like to rather be dead than feel the pain of a massive head ache. Light, noise, even thinking causes you to puke. I've woken up in the middle of the night feeling like someone just dropped a bowling ball on my head. I've done stupid things to try to subside the pain. For instance taking 2x or 3x the recommended pain med dosage. Because there comes a point that you don't care, you want it gone no matter what the consequence.

I don't know what he was dealing with, I've never had a concussion, but I can imagine it's just as unbearable.

Just a thought since people say there was no foul play, drugs were involved, and suicide was a possibility.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case - and he was probably on stronger stuff than you or I could/would take. However, let his family grieve and at least go through the funeral before you write about how much of a druggie he may or may not have been. Also, that article was written to make it sound like he was in treatment for stuff besides pain killers. Just a low blow on all accounts.

I agree with you. But I also expect this kind of selfish piece of writing. Reporters have no dignity or respect for anything but their paycheck.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I don't like the first one.
    If you honestly like the NYA jersey better than that one then I don't know what to tell you...

Except that a trip to the optometrist may be long overdue

Some good news, Christian Thomas looks like hes about to sign an ELC with the Rangers..

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/0...istian-thomas/

Christian Thomas signing is official.

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/43...grees-to-terms

Don't know what hes been doing since the end of his season but from now till the start of training camp he will have 4 months to get his body as NHL ready as possible.

Hopefully Kreider will follow suit.

NYYF Legend

I hope they allow the Rangers to wear blue.

I like this:

Rangers04.png

NYYF Legend

"According to Hennepin County Medical Examiner, Derek Boogaard's cause of death is mixed alcohol and oxycodone toxicity."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6570143

Appears that he's had a history of this:

TheNYRBlog Kevin DeLury
    Boogaard missed 2009 Wild training camp under the guise of a concussion while entering substance abuse program: http://*******/mpdd1D.
    7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

NYYF Legend

I find it hard to believe a professional athletes was/is unaware of how dangerous it is to mix painkillers with alcohol.

Not surprising that an athlete is taking oxycodone with surgery's and injuries etc...they get.

But he hadn't played since November.

Why was he taking this in May?

I know they ruled it "accidental" but sounds like he perhaps had an addiction.

I doubt it was ignorance. I don't think he cared. Whether he was hooked or in a lot of pain, sometimes you just don't care. Alcohol intensifies the affects so if what you got ain't working for you, you take chances.

Not condoning it, but sometimes pain gets you in a frame of mind of not caring. As I posted above when I get migraines I'll double or triple my dose just to make it go away faster. Or else I want to shoot myself in the head.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

17 years ago tonight Messier guaranteed victory over the Devils in game 6 and backed it up by scoring a hat trick sending the epic series to a 7th game. I love how loud that "home" crowd in New Jersey is cheering for the Rangers. Here's to you Mark.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...13101478722151

Rangers acquire Tim Erixon (Jan Erixon's son) and a 5th round pick from Calgary for Roman Horak and 2 2nd's in this year's draft.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home

Some believe if Erixon didn't sign and re-entered the draft, he would've been a top 10 pick.

We're in great position to use some of our depth on D to get an offensive playmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    Rangers acquire Tim Erixon (Jan Erixon's son) and a 5th round pick from Calgary for Roman Horak and 2 2nd's in this year's draft.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home

Some believe if Erixon didn't sign and re-entered the draft, he would've been a top 10 pick.

We're in great position to use some of our depth on D to get an offensive playmaker.
    I forgot my phone at home for the first time... maybe ever today so this is the first I'm hearing about this.

Suffice to say, I'm ................ing THRILLED with this move. This is up there with the McDonagh move for me (minus sending a grossly over paid, heartless plug the other way.)

Erixon can play for the Rangers next year and have the same type of impact Sauer and McDonagh did this year.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    I forgot my phone at home for the first time... maybe ever today so this is the first I'm hearing about this.

Suffice to say, I'm ................ing THRILLED with this move. This is up there with the McDonagh move for me (minus sending a grossly over paid, heartless plug the other way.)

Erixon can play for the Rangers next year and have the same type of impact Sauer and McDonagh did this year.
    Sick move. I have been getting texted from Flames fans here in Sweden ever since the deal adn they are PISSED

Scouting report time = CFP, your time to shine!!...and Klu as well
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

I read that he forced his way to us..which is a nice pat on the back for the franchise. Hopefully more prospects do it
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

Sounds like everybody associated with hockey loves this move. I don't know enough about the kid so I'll just go with the flow.

NYYF Legend

He and Del Zotto are both LD.

If I'm Del Zotto I'd be a bit worried.

A trade for a NHL ready LD would have be concerned if I were him.

Rangers now have a surplus of defenseman.

Maybe this opens up trade possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Scouting report time = CFP, your time to shine!!...and Klu as well
    He's been described as unspectacular on both sides of the puck but I don't know if I agree with that. His defensive game is very polished. He's always had tremendous poise with the puck on his stick and he rarely makes a mistake when he does have control of the puck. He handles pressure exceptionally well for a player his age, which is going to make for a smoother transition into the NHL than it would for most defensemen. He's not a banger but he uses his body effectively to stand a player up or to separate him from the puck. Hes got a great stick and good size(6'3" 205 with more room to fill out) and he uses it to isolate a puck carrier when he can't close the gap in time.

He doesn't have over the top talent but his head for the game is what makes him what he is. I'm not comparing the two because it's be really unfair but he's got some of the same qualities that makes Lidstrom what he is. I think he's got enough offensive awareness to pop 50 points a year, but that's at the high end.

I can't say enough about how much I love this deal. Erixon will be every bit as good as Victor Hedman, and you can quote me on that.

If I'm the rangers, I look to move dz to Columbus for the 8th pick if Murphy is still on the board and take him. He's a RD and will slide in next to erixon and give us the kind of pop from the blueline we haven't had since Leetch in his prime.

Good enough to allow us to move MDZ, interesting...does MDZ have enough value to bring back the 8th pick?

How things change in little over a year.

If this kid is as good as advertised...then maybe you do trade MDZ since we'd be dealing from a position of strength. Although wouldnt we almost be selling low on him? I understand he's very young, but he dissapointed last year after a good rookie year... so I wonder his value may have dropped in the eyes of other teams.

CFP, if Murphy and Strome are both available at #8 and CLB is willing to trade the pick, do you still go with Murphy? I don't know how you feel about Strome, but that's a tough decision for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    CFP, if Murphy and Strome are both available at #8 and CLB is willing to trade the pick, do you still go with Murphy? I don't know how you feel about Strome, but that's a tough decision for me.
    I have Murphy ranked 3rd in the draft behind Hopkins and Huberdeau. I'm a bigger fan of Strome than most but I have him behind Murphy, Landeskog Hamilton and Siemens (if he slides past the Bruins some one will be getting a major steal.)

But to answer your question, I take Murphy with out hesitation. No one in this draft encompasses the potential Murphy has and even if he doesn't improve much on D, he's still going to bring such a unique array of skills to the rink every game. I think the role of the offensive defenseman has gotten overrated and I still want Murphy. If his defensive game improves to average, he's going to be a more explosive Dan Boyle. If he improves further? He'll get his own plaque in Toronto.

NYYF Cy Young

Here's a list of some of the best NHL defensemen ever...............

Lefties.....Bobby Orr. Ray Bourque. Larry Robinson. Doug Harvey. Brian Leetch.
    Dennis Potvin. Niklas Lidstrom. Paul Coffey. Chris Pronger. Slava Fetisov. Scott Stevens.
    Borje Salming. Brad Park. Scott Niedermeyer.

And the last two Norris winners Chara and Keith are lefties too. When the Canadiens were impossible to beat
    in the late 70's, their top three D were Robinson, Serge Savard, and Guy Lapointe. All three lefty defensemen.
    The Oilers of the early 80's had Coffey, Lowe, Gregg, and a great righty Routsoleinin (SP?). The great Islander teams had Potvin, Persson, Lane, and a very good righty Ken Morrow.

Righties.... Chris Chelios. Tim Horton. Al McInnis. Rob Blake.

The conventional wisdom amongst scouts is to go with a lefty if both parties are equal.
    If you have to choose between a Mark Howe or an Eric Desjardins, you go with Howe.
    Sounds crazy, but it's in the back of their minds. You should never pass on a great righty defensman, but
    you always lean left.
    [

Okay....

I don't see what that really has to do with anything though. I don't think anyone in here is arguing that a RD is more likely to succeed in the league than a LD.

Also, don't you think that if you had 2 defensemen who were complete equals that it would make more sense to take the one at RD since they're far more rare than a player of that ability at LD? I know that a left handed D has the advantage of being able to play both D positions with out much trouble (and versatility is a huge plus when it comes to d men, we see it every year at the draft) but rare commodity>utilitarian ability any day of the week.

Rangers GM Glen Sather, according to sources (see today's Daily News) plans to buy out Chris Drury.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Rangers GM Glen Sather, according to sources (see today's Daily News) plans to buy out Chris Drury.
    Must be nice to be able to fix your mistakes with someone else's money.

Honestly though, it's the best for the team and for Chris. I hope he has a nice career in coaching or analysis but he's done as far as a productive NHL player is concerned. Can't fault him for signing the contract he was offered, but I'm glad he's gone.

So what to do with the extra $3.75m of cap space?

Thread Information