+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Week 1 Thread

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Week 1 Thread

Should be an interesting first week as we see how well everyone has built their teams.
    Not everybody is filling out a complete roster right now so that could affect W/L this week with some weaker teams getting wins just because their opponent is incomplete.

PLAY BALL!

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Devoted Member

Re: Week 1 Thread

Am I missing something, or is it impossible to just sign a player on the spot? So if a team wasn't filled during the FAB, it's impossible to have a full roster for week 1?

NYYF Legend

I don't see any way of manually transferring players as the commish, and the site doesn't explain what happens if you've missed a spot on your roster. Is it possible you just get 0 for the lineup spot instead of having a 0 team score? I certainly hope so . . .

But, on the other hand, teams who ensured they filled every position (some with backups) during the FAB perhaps earn an advantage, rather than just getting lucky.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmania View Post
    I don't see any way of manually transferring players as the commish, and the site doesn't explain what happens if you've missed a spot on your roster. Is it possible you just get 0 for the lineup spot instead of having a 0 team score? I certainly hope so . . .

But, on the other hand, teams who ensured they filled every position (some with backups) during the FAB perhaps earn an advantage, rather than just getting lucky.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    I think you just get a zero for the spot. But a few zeroes could mean the difference between a team winning the week (4-3) to perhaps getting a (5-2) or better record.

1G/Wk - 7 G Series

1G/Wk - 6 G Series

2G/Wk - 4 G Series

1G/Wk - 3 G Series

Win by %

W-L

Win by %

W-L

Win by %

W-L

Win by %

W-L

> 100%

7-0

> 100%

6-0

> 50%

4-0

> 50%

3-0

50 - 100%

6-1

50 - 100%

5-1

10 - 50%

3-1

0-50%

2-1

15 - 50%

5-2

10 - 50%

4-2

0 - 10%

2-2

0 - 15%

4-3

0 - 10%

3-3

Actually, there is an interesting strategy possibility too, with teams missing spots in their lineup -- the pitch around option.

If you pitch around a player, they lose 20% of their points -- but the person behind them gets a 25% boost. So a hitter at the #5 spot with a 3.0 average would be worth 2.4 points (less the 20%) but if the #6 hitter is worth 2.0 points, he becomes 2.5 with the 25% boost. So 5.0 points (the 3.0 plus 2.0) becomes 4.9 points, barely worth pitching around.

Let's say your opponent has the 1-6 spots filled, nobody in 7-8, and then a 9th place hitter. If you pitch around the #6 guy, does the #9 hitter get the 25% bonus? Or does it go to the #7 hitter, which is vacant, which means a 25% bonus of zero.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmania View Post

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    This is the reason I wanted a shorter time limit. Keppinger was injured and I'm going to get hosed because I could not replace him in time. I had a bid in on a SS immediately after the FAB ended, but it still won't process by 1:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    I think you just get a zero for the spot. But a few zeroes could mean the difference between a team winning the week (4-3) to perhaps getting a (5-2) or better record.
    I got confirmation from GDR, that indeed a missing lineup spot only incurs a zero score for that spot. There are no other repercussions, such as a zero for the week for the team. So that's one good thing.

Interesting that after one day, all the games are (4-0)

Thread Information