+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Re: The 2011 New York Jets Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    As division rival I can understand the dislike of the Patriots (I'd feel the same about Philly/Dallas/Was) but do Jet fan as a group generally dislike the Giants?

As a Giant fan I've just generally seen the Jets as just another ACF team. I mean there isn't that big a rivalry in my mind since they only meet once every 4 years and have never played each other in the super bowl. That pre-season "rivalry" is kind of a joke.

I'll usually root for the Jets when they are in the playoffs but otherwise I don't really pay that much attention to them.
    I'm a Jets fan but I will root for the Giants when the Jets aren't in it. I guess I don't have the same experience with Giants fans that others do. I have a lot of friends who are Giants fans so I am happy for them when the Giants win. Part of it may be because I work near Philly so I'm surrounded by douchebag Eagles fans. I can't imagine anyone being worse than them. But my hatred for the Patriots and all things Boston runs so deep that I would even route for the Eagles against them.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    I'm a Jets fan but I will root for the Giants when the Jets aren't in it. I guess I don't have the same experience with Giants fans that others do. I have a lot of friends who are Giants fans so I am happy for them when the Giants win. Part of it may be because I work near Philly so I'm surrounded by douchebag Eagles fans. I can't imagine anyone being worse than them. But my hatred for the Patriots and all things Boston runs so deep that I would even route for the Eagles against them.
    As a Jet's fan that's the only way you can go... You can respect Brady but you can't root for him.

I went to school 30 mins outside of Philly. No matter how much I detest Patriots & Giants fans, Philly is at the top of that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    I went to school 30 mins outside of Philly. No matter how much I detest Patriots & Giants fans, Philly is at the top of that list.
    They really are awful. And I work in a pretty civilized office but as soon as you start talking about Philly sports, it's like they devolve into animated monkeys.

Agreed on Philly sports fans. By far the WORST. If we ever saw a Red Sox-Phillies WS (I just threw up in my mouth at the thought)....I'd probably snap.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Agreed on Philly sports fans. By far the WORST. If we ever saw a Red Sox-Phillies WS (I just threw up in my mouth at the thought)....I'd probably snap.
    Didn't that happen last year? I could have sworn I read about it... in March

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Sixer's fans are pretty tame... They don't even cheer... And they are in first place!

RichCimini Rich Cimini

Congrats to Curtis Martin, elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame. Great football player, better person. #Jets

RichCimini Rich Cimini

Congrats to Curtis Martin, elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame. Great football player, better person. #Jets
    I heard about it earlier, and Martin was a little disappointed when Bill Parcells didn't join the current inductees this year. Nonetheless, congrats to Curtis Martin on his induction into the Pro Football HOF

Happy Holidays!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

congrats to Curtis...I've only heard good things about him as a person -- happy for him. hope Parcells gets in another year...

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by gordongecko View Post
    unfortunately for giants fans the patriots are going to win pretty handily

wrongggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Giants fans giving no credit to the Patriots defense and hyping up the potential of their team. There is no way Belichick is going to let the Giants beat them in a re-match. Brady has a bad game once in a blue moon, and he just had one yesterday. What are the chances he would in back to back games?
    Quoted for posterity.

RichCimini Rich Cimini

One of my favorite Jets of all time, and the heart of the return to respectability with Parcells.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    One of my favorite Jets of all time, and the heart of the return to respectability with Parcells.
    Always respected the play of Curtis Martin. As a Giants fan, he was my second favorite Jet, behind only Wayne Chrebet.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    I always think of him as Patriot.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Always respected Curtis Martin. Glad he made it to the hall.

Thanks for just giving us Weatherford.

<3

Lots of douchebaggery here today. No surprise at all.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Dear Jets, can we trade divisions? Giants were only 3-3 in their division this year, but 5-0 vs the AFC east.

RichCimini Rich Cimini

Very happy for Curtis. He got a nice hand at the Super Bowl too.

Lots of douchebaggery here today. No surprise at all.
    Not surprising at all from some people.

That's a Giants fan for ya.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

That's a Giants fan for ya.
    Well that's irony. Most of what I see are Giants fans quoting one poster who earned what he's getting back.

Considering the DBags that troll our thread every year, I wouldn't expect a Giants fan to get it.

NYYF Legend

RichCimini Rich Cimini

Well deserved. Never the flashiest back but always counted on to give solid game in the final box score.

Thread Information