+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Re: The 2011 New York Jets Thread

I'm not a Jets fan, but it's exciting to see them take a Union County kid.

"Wilkerson is a New Jersey kid and he’s pretty excited about being a Jet, considering they are now a New Jersey team."
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/N...nalysis-042811
    Must be Curt Schilling who wrote this article.

NYYF Legend

I'm in love with the Wilkerson pick. I can't remember the last time the Jets had a an elite DL prospect with as much ceiling as this kid. Has to Abraham, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    I'm not a Jets fan, but it's exciting to see them take a Union County kid.
    Same here dude, he grew up 5 minutes from me. Union Co. represent.

Quote Originally Posted by Meecham4ever View Post
    "Wilkerson is a New Jersey kid and he’s pretty excited about being a Jet, considering they are now a New Jersey team."
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/N...nalysis-042811
    Must be Curt Schilling who wrote this article.
    I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. Is this supposed to be a dig on the Jets? New Jersey?

//edit
    <~~Union County as well

NYYF Legend

I like this pick alot, and I'll like it even more if he turns in to the true 3-4 defensive end the Jets haven't had during Rex's time here.

I was hoping for Acho, but Kendrick Ellis is a monster. 6'5, 350.

Pace and Thomas have no excuse for not generating pressure next year with Wilkerson and Ellis eating up blockers.

WalterFootball Grade:

94. Kenrick Ellis, NT, Hampton
    The Jets land another stud prospect for their defensive line. Kenrick Ellis possesses early Round 2 talent, but has some character concerns. The Jets have a strong locker room, so they might be able to keep Ellis out of trouble. If so, he'll be a force against the run. (Pick Grade: A)

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

I like all the picks except for the running back. I really love the Ellis pick.

McElroy is your best pick. His girlfriend is smoking hot and her eye candy is well worth a 7th round pick. A+

Sanchez posted some pics from day 1 of Jets West Camp.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...04322582941471

Players attending: Sanchez, LT, J.McKnight, Conner, Keller, Cumberland, B.Smith, P.Turner, L.Payne, K.O'Connell, Brunell, McElroy, J.Kerley, S.McKnight. #nyj

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    Sanchez posted some pics from day 1 of Jets West Camp.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...04322582941471

Players attending: Sanchez, LT, J.McKnight, Conner, Keller, Cumberland, B.Smith, P.Turner, L.Payne, K.O'Connell, Brunell, McElroy, J.Kerley, S.McKnight. #nyj
    Awesome...I love how Sanchez has stepped up and organized this thing again, he's really grabbing his role as a leader by the horns. And props to Braylon Edwards for attending, I hope if it comes down to either Holmes/Edwards that this helps the Jets make what I think would be the correct decision in bringing Edwards back.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...with-college-t

This shouldn't go unnoticed. Edwards provides 100 Cleveland students with college tuition.

Anyone have any experience with what is the best time to buy Jet Tix on StubHub? Is now a good time to pull the trigger or do I wait until game day when sellers are unloading them at under cost? Only concern I have with that is I may not get the locations that are available today...

NYYF Legend

Apparently Sun Life Stadium is “Home of the Jets”

Dolphins fans looking for gifts at the team’s official store can buy jerseys, t-shirts, bobbleheads, posters, shot glasses, and basically anything else they could think of with the Miami Dolphins logo on it.

They can also buy a New York Jets t-shirt that says “Home of the Jets” on it. In Miami. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald confirmed this important story, and even passed along a picture via Twitter.

The Dolphins have won only once in their last five tries against the Jets in Miami, so perhaps they are just admitting the obvious.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-of-the-jets/

Kris Jenkins is retiring.

Wanted to let you all know that I have loved the support and respect that you all have given me throughout my career. But it is time for the torch to be passed to the younger players. I am going to hang up the cleats! The mind is always willing to play but my body deserves the rest. Thank you for the opportunites to play Carolina and New York.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...l-to-help-jets

Sanchez open to restructuring deal to help team

@TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    BREAKING: Veteran free agent o-lineman Damien Woody is retiring, per source. #nyj #jets

IMO Santonio is the guy you lock up. Get him done....if Edwards gets ridiculous offers elsewhere, then let him go. Go after Moss or Ochocinco. Smith is likely gone since I heard he may get a 4-5M a year offer, and its kind of a waste of money to pay that much to someone who's a ST guy and gets a few touches a game.

In fact, I'd almost prefer to get Santonio done...bring in a cheaper alternative for the 2nd WR to replace Edwards...let Smith walk...then spend big money on Asomugha. Its a dream yes, but imagine Asomugha and Revis together? Nobody will be able to throw on the Jets at all.

NYYF Legend

Jets sign Wayne Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    IMO Santonio is the guy you lock up. Get him done....if Edwards gets ridiculous offers elsewhere, then let him go. Go after Moss or Ochocinco. Smith is likely gone since I heard he may get a 4-5M a year offer, and its kind of a waste of money to pay that much to someone who's a ST guy and gets a few touches a game.

In fact, I'd almost prefer to get Santonio done...bring in a cheaper alternative for the 2nd WR to replace Edwards...let Smith walk...then spend big money on Asomugha. Its a dream yes, but imagine Asomugha and Revis together? Nobody will be able to throw on the Jets at all.
    I agree with you, though I'd rather not sign Moss or Ochocinco (maybe Moss if he came REALLY cheap). If we're going that route, I'd prefer Burress to either of those two.

I don't know how much he's going to get as I know he has a lot of suitors, but I'd love to sign Steve Breaston. There comes a time when it's the QB who makes his offense look good, not the other way around, and as he enters his third year it's time for Sanchez to take that next step. That's why I wouldn't get in a bidding war with Edwards. Add Breaston to this group we have and we should be good.

It's being reported that the Jets are talking to Asomugha, and he might take a discount to come to NY, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll believe it when his signature is on a contract. I have to believe there's a playoff caliber team out there willing to give him a lot more than we're able to.

Jets sign Santonio Holmes 5 years $50 million, $24 million guaranteed. Most ever guaranteed to a WR. I'm guessing the Redskins made the Jets guarantee so much money.

NYYF Legend

nice!!! Holmes is a difference maker WR. Don't get me wrong, I like Edwards too, but he's not quite up to the same level (but close) and he may get some jail time/suspension for that DWI. Lets try to sign Braylon too, but Jets need to lock up Brad Smith first

Wayne Hunter signs a 4 yr deal & it seems like the Bears are front runners for Brad Smith

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

Will Randy Moss join #Jets? No guarantees yet, but one source tells me, "I think it's going to happen." #NYJ still considering other options

Thread Information