+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast
    Released Outright

Re: 2nd Annual NYYFans 10-team Yahoo H2H

Quote Originally Posted by Sharona1975 View Post
    Okay. You guys are chatting in the draft room and I don't have a box to type in. I can just read. Do I need to do something so I can chat too?
    in my other draft last night, some people had trouble chatting, too

NYYF Legend

I tried something new and drafted a million relievers.

Released Outright

FML. I was sitting there... Gardner or B.J. Upton.. Gardner or Upton. Chose Upton, I still feel like I chose the right guy, but I nonetheless regret it.

Oh Gardner...

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I tried something new and drafted a million relievers.
    I had increased the minimum innings this season.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by delv View Post
    in my other draft last night, some people had trouble chatting, too
    It was my first draft ever, so I could not multi-task and chat at same time, but look forward to trash talking when the season starts....
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    It was my first draft ever, so I could not multi-task and chat at same time, but look forward to trash talking when the season starts....
    whats your team name ?
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman View Post
    whats your team name ?
    I'm going to guess he's the one listed as "Goin for 27"

Released Outright

i was kind of disappointed in my draft last night, but, in retrospect, I think i'm gonna mash. besides SB, i'm crushing all the offensive stats. the pitching, I feel, is a toss-up. because of the depth of pitching, given our 10-team league, it'll mostly come down to whose pitchers have hot years/months and so forth (with the exception of Halladay and Felix, who're locks to dominate). The margin of difference between staffs, right now, is probably negligible. there are a bunch of relievers who have closer jobs that didnt even get drafted by us.

---speaking of pitching, that reminds me: can we get rid of that TB stat??? just put in something redundant like K:BB ratio or something. TB is backwards as hell

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I'm going to guess he's the one listed as "Goin for 27"
    LoL ... I guess I gave him too much credit from a creative standpoint.

Sidenote: Delv n Goin, for having been ur 1st draft u guys did reasonably well. A few rookie mistakes but other than that, solid.
    Last edited by Abe Frohman; 03-22-11 at 04:13 PM.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I think I would have been better off not doing the auto draft but we'll see.....

NYYF Legend

LoL ... I guess I gave him to much credit from a creative standpoint.

Sidenote: Delv n Goin, for having been ur 1st draft u guys did reasonably well. A few rookie mistakes but other than that, solid.
    I will be creative with my lineups. At least your recognition skills are excellent.

Regarding drafting, it was fun. I started out okay, but I realized I had no plan. (position players, pitching? I kept jumping back and forth)

As I am sure it happens to all, every time I was going to select someone, they got picked just before my turn. Towards the end, I was just picking away.....

Question - (seriously) what did you notice in my picks that I should have done better? I can't believe I never jumped on a league before, this is going to be a blast.....
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick View Post
    Also everyone, please don't forget to pay your dues here:

https://www.leaguesafe.com/leaguefin...eagueid=805351

password is the same as the league password

PM me if you need a reminder.
    K, I'm all set. jhc, what an ordeal.

Released Outright

Question - (seriously) what did you notice in my picks that I should have done better? I can't believe I never jumped on a league before, this is going to be a blast.....
    i think he was jus talkin trash

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

I updated TB to K/9.

i think he was jus talkin trash
    I try my best not to. I let my inner GM do it for me.

Just quickly skimming thru the draft results here and these are just my .02 :

*** You have one reliable sure-thing closer in Valverde. Huston Street is injury prone and could lose his job. Closers are one of the most important aspects of FBB, especially H2H Leagues. You have to do your best to secure closers in the middle rounds ( atleast one, maybe 2 if you can ) and work your way around missing out on a bat you may have been targeting. Besides saves, closers get you strikeouts and help out ur ERA, WHIP n K/9. Really important and something to keep in mind. ***

U took a pitcher in the 2nd round when you could have picked up another Solid sure fire bat.
    Just a personal rule of mine, i never take a pitcher in the 1st 2 rounds.

U took a catcher in the 3rd round ( it is Joe Mauer but still ) I think its best to leave catcher for a later round as its a position you dont really expect much offensive production from anyway so why waste an early round pick on it ? You took Mauer tho. Well Played ... If you had taken Posey that would cost you.

Bautista in the 4th ... ehhhhh. He has no track record and just signed a large contract. Who knows what you get out of guy like that after signing that fat check ... and you paid 4th round price for him. Kind of a question mark there ...

Aaron Hill and Adam Jones B2B - You could have waited on guys like this or even gotten similar production out of guys like Ryan Raburn and Dexter Fowler in the later rounds.

Ludwick, Murphy and Cueto 17 - 19 : These guys are ok players but you have to try to keep your concentration later in the draft when quality is scarce and pick up players that are going to net you some return. Just something to keep in mind.

Besides that i like your other picks, pretty solid team. The more you play, year in n year out you iron out the kinks and FBB becomes a part of your life bro. Its an addiction.

Released Outright

^i agree with much of that. so ok, what errors you think I made?

NYYF Legend

I try my best not to. I let my inner GM do it for me.

Just quickly skimming thru the draft results here and these are just my .02 :

U took a pitcher in the 2nd round when you could have picked up another Solid sure fire bat.
    Just a personal rule of mine, i never take a pitcher in the 1st 2 rounds.

U took a catcher in the 3rd round ( it is Joe Mauer but still ) I think its best to leave catcher for a later round as its a position you dont really expect much offensive production from anyway so why waste an early round pick on it ? You took Mauer tho. Well Played ... If you had taken Posey that would cost you.

Bautista in the 4th ... ehhhhh. He has no track record and just signed a large contract. Who knows what you get out of guy like that after signing that fat check ... and you paid 4th round price for him. Kind of a question mark there ...

Aaron Hill and Adam Jones B2B - You could have waited on guys like this or even gotten similar production out of guys like Ryan Raburn and Dexter Fowler in the later rounds.

Ludwick, Murphy and Cueto 17 - 19 : These guys are ok players but you have to try to keep your concentration later in the draft when quality is scarce and pick up players that are going to net you some return. Just something to keep in mind.

Besides that i like your other picks, pretty solid team. The more you play, year in n year out you iron out the kinks and FBB becomes a part of your life bro. Its an addiction.
    Interesting...... Can you analyze mine....out of curiosity and a learning thing for me? I did the autodraft. I've had one person's opinion - just curious what you think of my autodraft....bombers

^i agree with much of that. so ok, what errors you think I made?
    You were pretty solid throughout, just a few pointers:

Stephen Drew in the 6th: Hes an okay player and netted a good return from SS in 2010 but in the 6th round you're reaching. A panic move just to fill a position, plug a hole. Dont be afraid to let a position go for another few rounds and draft a better player in that spot like another Ace, an Elite Closer, or the Ethier's, Bruce's and Stubbs of the world - and then come back with a Elvis Andrus in the 9th or 10th or even a Starlin Castro in the 11th or 12th.

Manny in the 11th: Again ... a reach. I kno, i kno - OBP. but still, who knows what he does this season ? A question mark that early in the draft plus hes a guy you prob could have gotten atleast 2 - 3 rounds later.

Arencibia - Im not sure but i think hes platooning. This being a 10 team league you should
    prob drop him and pick up someone who'll play regularly.

Again ... Just my .02 and this was great for being your 1st draft ever. You really kept balance in mind.

De todo un poco ...

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Interesting...... Can you analyze mine....out of curiosity and a learning thing for me? I did the autodraft. I've had one person's opinion - just curious what you think of my autodraft....bombers
    WoW.

For an autodraft your team is pretty solid. Sometimes i wonder why i even sit in on the draft.

All You need are closers so keep an eye out for any who are still out there and ones who lose their job, so you can pick up the replacement. If you lose SVs every week you're going to have a tough time beating anyone.

Other than that your good.

Damn you Automation, Damn you.
    Last edited by Abe Frohman; 03-22-11 at 11:40 PM.

Released Outright

thanks for your thoughts, abe. the Manny pick was 'cause I was afraid JVIS would take em before I got a chance. Manny's spring, btw, has been quite good on the power side of things. i'm more confident that he'll do well than I am confident in Werth, who I picked several rounds earlier.

On Arencibia, I kind of agree, tho i dont think he'll be platooning long (Jose Molina?). I picked em up for his value to others rather than his value to me. given how deep our league is, it makes sense to take players who you strongly think will hit well; if a MI or BA guy performs poorly, there'll likely be some other guy out there who'll be hot for a while who I can take a shot with. no point, IMO, in wasting a pick on a bench guy who u think "might" be good (eg. Sean Rodriguez).

edit: not to say that Arencibia is immune from the typical young-catcher offensive woes

thanks for your thoughts, abe.
    I cannot listen to any of your gratitudes ... For you are my sworn enemy, and are about to meet your demise.

NYYF Legend

WoW.

For an autodraft your team is pretty solid. Sometimes i wonder why i even sit in on the draft.

All You need are closers so keep an eye out for any who are still out there and ones who lose their job, so you can pick up the replacement. If you lose SVs every week you're going to have a tough time beating anyone.

Other than that your good.

Damn you Automation, Damn you.
    Yay!! Thanks Abe.

Released Outright

i'm too excited for this ish! I wanna get started already. My team's gonna get soooo many RBIs and the OBPs are insane.

NYYF Legend

My pitching is off the chains with all these relievers I have with their high k/9, and low WHIP and ERA's. I'm gaming the system. Doesn't hurt that I have Kershaw, Price, Weaver and Anderson either.

Released Outright

hey, whats the best way to discuss trading? posting/PMing on here or posting on the yahoo msg board or emailing via yahoo?

I have some pieces I wanna moooove. Specifically Arencibia and Stephen Drew/Kelly Johnson

Thread Information