+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Re: 2nd Annual NYYFans 10-team Yahoo H2H

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    Maybe, but I think Feliz would have to be pretty terrible for that to happen. I'm sure he'll vulture a few saves, but it's not worth it for me to roster him right now. Any time he gives up a lead in the 8th, it counts as a blown save.

Not sure about trade/waiver deadlines. I just proposed a trade to JVIS, so I guess it's still open.

PS, I just sent Dunn to the waiver wire. lol.
    jeremy, why do you so often do this propose-and-then-immediately retract trade stuff? what's your intention?

anyways, i have like 4 trades in the pipeline, a couple including some of the players you've asked about. get at me if you want your boy Youk etc
    like delv, but better

Quote Originally Posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
    jeremy, why do you so often do this propose-and-then-immediately retract trade stuff? what's your intention?

anyways, i have like 4 trades in the pipeline, a couple including some of the players you've asked about. get at me if you want your boy Youk etc
    In this case, I decided to use one of the players in another proposal that I liked better. I didn't think you'd accept anyway and I hate clutter.

I also keep forgetting that I can put a 1B in the CI spot. For some reason, I thought I needed a 3B there, and Aramis has been ice cold for a week after being red hot earlier in the month. I still like Youkilis, but no way I'm trading Braun or Fielder for him, much less Braun AND Fielder.

In this case, I decided to use one of the players in another proposal that I liked better. I didn't think you'd accept anyway and I hate clutter.

I also keep forgetting that I can put a 1B in the CI spot. For some reason, I thought I needed a 3B there, and Aramis has been ice cold for a week after being red hot earlier in the month. I still like Youkilis, but no way I'm trading Braun or Fielder for him, much less Braun AND Fielder.
    Youk / Francoeur / Ianetta / Trumbo / Hosmer

Braun / Fielder

I could do 2 of mine for 1 of yours. Not in any combination, but most of those combos are ok.
    like delv, but better

Youk / Francoeur / Ianetta / Trumbo / Hosmer

Braun / Fielder

I could do 2 of mine for 1 of yours. Not in any combination, but most of those combos are ok.
    No real interest in any of those guys besides Youkilis. I dropped Iannetta and Hosmer because I had better options. Trumbo has an OBP of .298 and although Francoeur has been productive, I'm way too wary (rightly or wrongly) to go near him. I've seen this charade before.

In terms of the rankings, someone in this thread said it was tailored to our stat categories.

Regardless, there is no category in which Youkilis significantly outperforms either Fielder or Braun, and several categories where Youkilis lags behind each, so a 2-1 makes no sense for me because I'd be downgrading in 2 positions (none of the players you offered constitute an upgrade over anyone currently on my roster).

Back to my earlier proposal, I thought Aramis and Heyward were the type of players you'd like. Aramis has crazy 2nd half splits and should be productive during the warmer months. Heyward has a BABIP 60 points lower than his expected BABIP and has shown good OBP skills and speed. That's why I thought you'd be interested. Between Aramis and Youk, SLG and SBs are a wash, Youk crushes in OBP, runs, and RBIs, Aramis crushes Youk in hits. I do consider Aramis a downgrade from Youk, which is why I included an underperforming (or unlucky), but high-upside guy.

On my side, I wanted Youk's consistency and OBP and I wanted to shed an extra outfielder so I could have an extra MI to sit on the bench.

Still looking to move Heyward if anyone is interested. Apparently Dan Uggla stole his mojo.

No real interest in any of those guys besides Youkilis. I dropped Iannetta and Hosmer because I had better options. Trumbo has an OBP of .298 and although Francoeur has been productive, I'm way too wary (rightly or wrongly) to go near him. I've seen this charade before.
    As much of an OBP-fiend as I am, Trumbo's counting stats are excellent. I keep wanting to drop em, but he's better than he looks at first glance. He is consistently near the top of my RBI and Hit lists. That said, I can't stand the low OBP, for aesthetic reasons primarily, so I'd like to move 'em.

Hosmer is gonna finish the year in beast-mode.

btw, to all: looking to move Latos, Trumbo, Arencibia/Napoli, D. Lee
    like delv, but better

NYYF Legend

Latos and garbage for Cabrera...lol

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    like delv, but better

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Give me Holliday.

Hustlin' ain't easy, folks
    like delv, but better

Trade deadline is August 14th.

lookin to make a move for a big bat before the deadline. get at me.
    like delv, but better

I'm like the Rays of this league---people are too scared to trade with me.
    like delv, but better

I'm like the Rays of this league---people are too scared to trade with me.
    Any interest in Aramis for Gordon straight up? I'd trade SLG and RBIs for runs, OBP, and some more speed. You've got runs and NSBs for days.

Any interest in Aramis for Gordon straight up? I'd trade SLG and RBIs for runs, OBP, and some more speed. You've got runs and NSBs for days.
    Not sure I can afford to move Gordon, as I'm short on OFers. Torii Hunter is a fulltime starter for me, for chrissakes.

Willing to move virtually everyone else, though: Youk, Nunez, Bonifacio, Trumbo, Pena, Napoli, Francoeur, and maybe even Cano. If I move an OF, I definitely need a OF back, though. I'm open to a multi-player trade where I move a starter.

I know OFers with power and good OBP are hard to find this year...
    like delv, but better

Not sure I can afford to move Gordon, as I'm short on OFers. Torii Hunter is a fulltime starter for me, for chrissakes.

Willing to move virtually everyone else, though: Youk, Nunez, Bonifacio, Trumbo, Pena, Napoli, Francoeur, and maybe even Cano. If I move an OF, I definitely need a OF back, though. I'm open to a multi-player trade where I move a starter.

I know OFers with power and good OBP are hard to find this year...
    Fair enough. I wouldn't add an OFer other than Rasmus though.

Maybe Josh Willingham would be useful? I think he's a FA.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Pitching seems to be my downfall or part of it anyway.

Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar

LOL @ Yahoo.

August 15, 2011 - 9:45am PT - As part of an ongoing commitment to provide the best possible online experience, Yahoo! Fantasy Sports has performed a scheduled site upgrade. The maintenance was completed as of 9:45am PT. If you are still seeing this message, it means that configuration changes have not yet made it to your ISP. However, we expect that you should be able to access the site shortly.
    Thank you for your understanding!
    ...aaaand 5 hours later still no access. This is a "scheduled site upgrade" and the site isn't up at 5:30pm EST? Top notch.

By end of week 12, I was 56-79

Over the last 10 weeks, I went 79-47

If all remains the same, I will have, by tomorrow morning, cliched a spot in the playoffs.

HUSTLE HARD.
    like delv, but better

wow... good job sitting Montero there, jcarey.

I don't care that you had a bye!
    like delv, but better

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Me, on the other hand, went away for 4 days and completely forgot to set my lineups in advance. What a dumbass.

serious question: does margin of victory in the playoffs matter?
    like delv, but better

NYYF Legend

serious question: does margin of victory in the playoffs matter?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    It's lookin pretty good as of Saturday morning.

RIP. (I forget who "NoodleRay" is on this board. Not the real NR.)

R
    H
    RBI
    OBP
    SLG
    NSB
    W
    K
    ERA
    WHIP
    K/9
    NSV
    Score
    Hustle Simmons 25 58 30 .320 0.428 1 3 43 2.80 0.99 10.95 6 10
    NoodleRay 20 37 13 .281 0.302 3 1 26 2.93 0.88 7.63 3 2
    like delv, but better

what's with the lack of trash-talking in this thread as of late? I thought you guys would be excited to see my comeback and domination.
    like delv, but better

Thread Information