+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8
Results 176 to 185 of 185
  1. #176

    Re: Spring '11 Minor League Thread

    That's a turrible story. Pitchers might get hurt and spring training stats? Awful
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  2. #177

    Re: Spring '11 Minor League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dpbddd99 View Post
    yes. This one surprised me.
    I think it shows the amount of good catching the Yankees have in the system from top to bottom.

  3. #178

    Re: Spring '11 Minor League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    That's a turrible story. Pitchers might get hurt and spring training stats? Awful
    Yeah, I glance at the article and quickly determined it wasn't worth my time to read it in its entirety.

  4. #179
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Spring '11 Minor League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Yeah, I glance at the article and quickly determined it wasn't worth my time to read it in its entirety.
    The article was a joke. Romaine did hit a homer in his final ST game. The headline makes it seem like our farm sucks yet goes on the say how promising the pitchers and catchers are. No mention of Nunez making the team.

  5. #180
    NYYF #1 Prospect sjkqw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Villanova, PA

    Re: Spring '11 Minor League Thread

    Cuts: RHP Ryan Acosta, RHP Philip Bartleski, RHP Bryant Cotton, RHP Joel Marte, RHP Ben Watkins, LHP Sam Elam, LHP Trenton Lare, C Kyle Perkins, 1B Nick Ebert, 2B Ronnie Belliard, 2B Justin Snyder, OF Isaiah Brown

    -BA

    I wish we gave Bartleski a chance to try Trenton legitimately, but I understand age was a factor. I figured Snyder was gone when he wasn't on the Trenton roster today. I expected Lare and Watkins to make Tampa and Charleston repectively, but perhaps this could be good news for real prospects. Acosta could have made Charleston, but he was really borderline. And I think we have been expecting Elam for a long time.
    Updated Minor League Depth Chart (In Progress)
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...36&output=html

  6. #181

    Re: Spring '11 Minor League Thread

    The only legit concern in that article was Betances' health. Clearly no other research was put into it, especially on Banuelos.

    "He hasn't pitched more than 108 innings in a season"

    Yeah because it's called DEVELOPMENT. He threw 42 in his debut year, 108 the following, appendectomy...not a pitching or arm related injury, came back & threw close to 80 (including the Arizona league). There is no legit concern about Banuelos' health.

  7. #182

    Re: Spring '11 Minor League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    The only legit concern in that article was Betances' health. Clearly no other research was put into it, especially on Banuelos.

    "He hasn't pitched more than 108 innings in a season"

    Yeah because it's called DEVELOPMENT. He threw 42 in his debut year, 108 the following, appendectomy...not a pitching or arm related injury, came back & threw close to 80 (including the Arizona league). There is no legit concern about Banuelos' health.
    Actually, Banuelos threw over 100 innings if you count the playoff innings along with AFL all-star game with the rest of his regular season and AFL innings.

  8. #183

    Re: Spring '11 Minor League Thread

    Has anyone ever read a Post article and believed it was well researched, sports or otherwise?
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

  9. #184

    Re: Spring '11 Minor League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Actually, Banuelos threw over 100 innings if you count the playoff innings along with AFL all-star game with the rest of his regular season and AFL innings.
    I forgot about the playoffs...dunno how lol

  10. #185

    Re: Spring '11 Minor League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    I forgot about the playoffs...dunno how lol
    Another thing, Manny basically had two spring trainings last year because he got sick just a few days prior to Opening Day and then had to build up his arm again in May/June, when he got healthy. It's going to be interesting to see what innings cap the Yankees have for him this year as it might be more than we think it is.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts