+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Spring '11 Minor League Thread

Starting it now because I didn't see a better place to mention that Andy Sisco has been released.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Re: Spring '11 Minor League Thread

BA is now saying it was a mistake. Sisco is still with the team.

Richmond Virginians

Cashman told Accorsi, [B]I feel the responsibility of millions of Yankee fans on my shoulders, fans who take this very seriously and for which every game is very important. I think of that every day[/B].

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Jesus. How the F does that happen? He has barely pitched.

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick View Post
    Jesus. How the F does that happen? He has barely pitched.
    He just pulled a groin muscle, probably found a crazy girl at a bar last night and had some interesting sex.

per the yes broadcast betances is scheduled to pitch tomorrow, and i believe jesus will start at catcher. warren is supposed to pitch too
    Last edited by bmxstreetrider86; 02-26-11 at 04:44 PM.
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

NYYF Legend

So is Sisco still in Tampa?

Montero looks like he's in better shape this year.

Someone needs to step up and DVR Betances outing

BTW Just a heads up, Goldstein will be doing a ~3h chat tomorrow for his 101 top prospect list.

Dellin with three Ks that inning, touching 97 mph. Nasty/Sick knucklecurve. I like what I see.

Very impressive fastball. Some good curveballs. I don't really like his delivery. Seems a bit wild.

Yea, stuff was crazy awesome. Even threw a good change. 93-97 in ST? Wow. Sure, it did look like he was overthrowing some, but still.

Richmond Virginians

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    So is Sisco still in Tampa?
    Pitching in today's game.

Very impressive fastball. Some good curveballs. I don't really like his delivery. Seems a bit wild.
    So, with this in mind, some of the scribes that get ripped here for credibility (Law, et al) have described him as more of a thrower than a pitcher and think his long term future is in the bullpen. Is that fair?
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

you know who fell off the side after each pitch?

Bob Gibson
    http://www.baseballforum.com/photopo...gibson_bob.jpg
    Justin Verlander
    http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/813...ACE9E67F0E0ED4
    Goose Gossage (okay, reliever but they threw more back then and he was durable)
    http://keymancollectibles.com/autogr...ages/wpe22.jpg

etc. i'm worried about Betances's delivery

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    So, with this in mind, some of the scribes that get ripped here for credibility (Law, et al) have described him as more of a thrower than a pitcher and think his long term future is in the bullpen. Is that fair?
    Deliveries can be cleaned up. I think to say someone's future is in the bullpen this early with his kind of stuff is incredibly foolish.

Did anyone see Adam Warren pitch? How'd he do? Where was he sitting velocity wise?

Did anyone see Adam Warren pitch? How'd he do? Where was he sitting velocity wise?
    He looked ok, but not great. Threw some decent changeups. Velo was 89-92.

I saw him, reminded me of Ian Kennedy...in a bad way. Stuff was very fringy as expected.

I only saw his first inning of work. Warren was probably a little jacked up. He walked a couple guys so his control was a little off... He was sitting 90-93... showed a pretty good change... Howard swung and missed at the first one and struck out looking at a change that caught the inside of the plate. I only remember one curve... he didn't get on top of it and it sailed on him. Didn't see how he handled Domonic Brown who swung and missed 3 times; change up probably had something to do with that.

Warrens fastball was ok, threw a couple past guys. Off speed stuff was average at best. Pretty much his scouting report to a T
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by metalboy15 View Post
    Someone needs to step up and DVR Betances outing

BTW Just a heads up, Goldstein will be doing a ~3h chat tomorrow for his 101 top prospect list.
    I'll have his outing for DL later tonight for all who PM me.

Posted this in the ST thread but figured I'd post here too:

1) He needs to get more consistent with his command but Dellin's pure stuff is just filthy. Already sitting mid-90s and touching 97 in February is sick. He needs to get on top of his curve more consistently although he did throw one dirty hook for a called strike to start an at bat. His changeup also showed flashes - although it was better when I saw it in Trenton. I love that he threw a second change in a row [86mph] even though it was a 2-1 count and against a RHH. Got a futile swing and miss on it.

2) LOL @ Montero completely destroying his bat and still being strong enough to hit it hard through the left side of the infield. Not many hitters can do that. His first at bat gave a glimpse at his contact abilities. The boy is gonna rake. Defense was adequate with no mistakes, frames balls well but would like to see his footwork/transfer tested on the basepaths.

3) Warren's stuff was OK; 91-92, touching 93 and down a bit in the 7th. I was most disappointed with his FB command which is supposed to be obscenely good. Left a lot of pitches up and missed middle several times. His breaking stuff is nothing special but he does have an above-average and well commanded changeup.

Quote Originally Posted by kongull View Post
    I saw him, reminded me of Ian Kennedy...in a bad way. Stuff was very fringy as expected.
    It's early in spring training, but I thought his velocity on his fastball today was more than Kennedy.
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

Thread Information