+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to Watch Yankees Games on My Computer in Blackout Territories?

just wanted to find out, I go to a college out on the island and the YES network isnt included in our cable package. how can i watch yankees games on my computer without getting blacked out? i want to sign up for MLB TV but it says that Yankees and Mets games are blacked out which sucks. anyone have any ideas?

Re: How to Watch Yankees Games on My Computer in Blackout Territories?

If you're in college on long island chances are there is a bar nearby you can go to.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

was gonna say channelsurfing.net but I just went their and it was seized by homeland security haha

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by sorianoNY12 View Post
    was gonna say channelsurfing.net but I just went their and it was seized by homeland security haha
    There was a big crackdown on these sites right before the Super Bowl. I used channelsurfing and frontrow net to try to watch the ALCS games while I was at work on my droid but that looks no longer possible.
    It was a really crummy signal and they were loaded with pop ups and ads but here and there I was able to check in and glance at the games.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb...tdown-20110203
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Quote Originally Posted by sorianoNY12 View Post
    I haven't done this, but heard it works.... I think you can sign up for MLBTV and use an out of market credit card. I heard that works for a while until they see that you have a local IP address. Depending on your router, you can spoof an out of town IP address....

Again, that is what I heard people say worked.

Personally, I like the bar idea.

Forum Regular

Doesnt Time Warner offer streaming games IN market? Im not sure if you need to be ON their internet for it to work, but you should be easily able to find somebody who has TW to hook you up.
    [IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/live2cd2/yankeeslb7ce5si0.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/live2cd2/ubnyi04ta8.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/live2cd2/Lost_bar.gif[/IMG]

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    just wanted to find out, I go to a college out on the island and the YES network isnt included in our cable package. how can i watch yankees games on my computer without getting blacked out? i want to sign up for MLB TV but it says that Yankees and Mets games are blacked out which sucks. anyone have any ideas?
    Do you have Cablevision at home? If so, they sell in-market internet access.

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/forums/22-MLB-Baseball

Has nearly every MLB game linked on their forums throughout the season.

Addicted Member

What school on the Island are you talking about?
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot

NYYF Legend

Last year, YES debuted a program on Yankees.com (and I think on YESNetwork.com) that allowed fans to watch the games from inside the market.

It started with Time Warner, I know Cablevision sponsored it... you had to be a subscriber to certain cable companies. Not sure how they'll do it this year, but I'm sure the program will continue.

Devoted Member

Buy a Slingbox and set it up at home. You will have access to your homes tv via Internet.
    Underappreciated product. Love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Last year, YES debuted a program on Yankees.com (and I think on YESNetwork.com) that allowed fans to watch the games from inside the market.

It started with Time Warner, I know Cablevision sponsored it... you had to be a subscriber to certain cable companies. Not sure how they'll do it this year, but I'm sure the program will continue.
    I remember hearing about this, I hope they do this again. This is probably my best option.

Quote Originally Posted by AnAbombfromA-rod13 View Post
    What school on the Island are you talking about?
    Five Towns College

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMax View Post
    Buy a Slingbox and set it up at home. You will have access to your homes tv via Internet.
    tried it, had a terrible time trying to get it to work

myp2p, which 5 o'clock lightning linked above, typically works. Channelsurfing is still around with a different url - http://www.channelsurf.eu/ - and atdhe is another site which was seized, but resurfaced with a new url - http://atdhenet.tv/.

For all of these I've had intermittent success - sometimes streams don't work, or shut down during the middle of a game, etc..., - but you should generally be able to find what you're looking for.

Addicted Member

Make a friends with a Yankees fan who lives off campus
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot

NYYF Legend

Dude, just use proxy IP address. Never done it myself but I don't think it's that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    I remember hearing about this, I hope they do this again. This is probably my best option.

Five Towns College

tried it, had a terrible time trying to get it to work
    Five towns is in Dix Hills & they cant get YES? I live in Deer Park right next door.

I watched a few games on this last year at work, http://atdhe.net/index.html but it looks like the feds got em.

YES YES YES YES YES YES ++++++++

ESPECIALLY being that there is NO BILL.. good for any sport/tv.. simply genius!

Bars can get expensive or it would be annoying to go out for every game. I would recommend mlbtv (love it) and use an anonymity program like JAP to get around blackout restrictions.

Agree. I did have a ridiculously hard time getting it to work when I replaced a TV but their tech services walked me through a few fixes until we got one that worked. I'm toying with getting the app for my phone. $30 so I'm not sure it's worth it but maybe.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharona1975 View Post
    Agree. I did have a ridiculously hard time getting it to work when I replaced a TV but their tech services walked me through a few fixes until we got one that worked. I'm toying with getting the app for my phone. $30 so I'm not sure it's worth it but maybe.
    The video on my iPhone is small and not quite crystal clear but the picture is still better than the alternative of nothing or just audio. I found the mobile app to be well worth it and I'm one that hates even paying .99 for an app. I end up being the one that at the wedding or at the kids birthday party, all the other dads hang out and watch the game. Even on long car trips, my son can watch live tv on the road and can watch our channels, all of them. Outside of the so so picture quality, I have had no issues with 3G. No stopping, skipping or drops.

OK...I for some reason have no posts and cannot start a thread...so I have to hi-jack and old one.

How can I stream games online? Does anybody know a reliable, safe site?
    Are there any Yankee fans who do stream games to others?
    Please post or PM. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hud View Post
    OK...I for some reason have no posts and cannot start a thread...so I have to hi-jack and old one.

Offically, in market you need to buy the package from YES, out of parker, MLB at bat. It sucks that you need to buy both

I am sure there are other places but I am not going to get into that on a public site

Quote Originally Posted by Hud View Post

Offically, in market you need to buy the package from YES, out of market, MLB at bat. It sucks that you need to buy both

I am sure there are other places but I am not going to get into that on a public site

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    Offically, in market you need to buy the package from YES, out of parker, MLB at bat. It sucks that you need to buy both

The package from yes is Yankees on Yes - http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/mlb/s...x.jsp?c_id=nyy

Besides that, if you have a friend with a slingbox, see if you can borrow their login... the owner of a slingbox can create a guest login

So nobody is going to help and provide here or on PM a website?

Thread Information