+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 ... LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 856

Thread: Gas Prices

  1. #576
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    We're at $3.92 most places around here. That gas points deal between Shell and Super Giant is looking better every day. Paid $3.80 this morning. Experts were predicting we'd be at $4.00 by Memorial Day. In the words of "Mayhem"....."Re-calculating!"
    Eh, the cheapest I found last weekend was $4.09. Cost $65 to fill up my car

  2. #577
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Gas Prices

    $4.65 by me (premium).
    FML.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  3. #578
    #notonemore Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeGalSC View Post
    We are paying around 3.65. In the meantime, here's a good site for finding the cheapest gas in your area:


    http://gasbuddy.com/
    Gas Buddy also has an app for your smart phone.

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  4. #579
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Gas Prices

    I'm so fortunate in the summer my office lets us work four 10 hour days. Saves me ~50 miles.

  5. #580
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I'm so fortunate in the summer my office lets us work four 10 hour days. Saves me ~50 miles.
    My office let's me work 14 hour days... every day.
    But it doesn't save me any money on fuel...

    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  6. #581
    NYYF Legend

    Gringaloca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Deerfield Beach, FL

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I'm so fortunate in the summer my office lets us work four 10 hour days. Saves me ~50 miles.
    I've been working 4/10's for over a year...now I'm trying to convince them to let me work from home one of those days.
    The fact that gas is now up/over $4 a gallon is helping my case...LOL
    Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly........

  7. #582
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: Gas Prices

    Have done the conversions, and checked them twice, and have worked out the last "gallon of gas" I bought cost my approximately $8.80.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  8. #583
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I'm so fortunate in the summer my office lets us work four 10 hour days. Saves me ~50 miles.
    I would love that kind of schedule all year, but no way that's going to happen working at a university.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  9. #584
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    I would love that kind of schedule all year, but no way that's going to happen working at a university.
    /off topic. What University do you work at, Doris? I think I told you my daughter's first choice for colleges is Stevenson U. We'll see if that happens but she loved that one and Sailsbury. Stevenson more though....

  10. #585

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Have done the conversions, and checked them twice, and have worked out the last "gallon of gas" I bought cost my approximately $8.80.
    What do you need gas for?

    You can walk across your entire country in half an hour.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  11. #586

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    What do you need gas for?

    You can walk across your entire country in half an hour.
    Then he'd trip over all the sheep.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

  12. #587

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Then he'd trip over all the sheep.
    They just say they tripped over them when you catch them in an awkward position.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  13. #588
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    /off topic. What University do you work at, Doris? I think I told you my daughter's first choice for colleges is Stevenson U. We'll see if that happens but she loved that one and Sailsbury. Stevenson more though....
    I'm at the U of MD. Salisbury University is a great school - that's where I wish I worked. If your daughter should happen to end up there, I'm only about 20 minutes away.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  14. #589
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: Gas Prices

    I wish I could walk or take public transport but unlike the rest of Europe, our government never invested in either of these areas meaning. You guys can bitch about your gas prices but I have friends who are getting rid of their cars because they can't afford to have two in one household.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  15. #590
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    I'm at the U of MD. Salisbury University is a great school - that's where I wish I worked. If your daughter should happen to end up there, I'm only about 20 minutes away.
    Oh yes, now I remember you saying U of MD.

    Have you applied to Salisbury? She is looking into nursing and Salisbury only takes a handful so to get a BSN, she would really be better off at Stevenson, if that's where she ends up......

    And oh yeah, still paying a fortune for gas. It costs me about $65- to fill my tank.

  16. #591
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Gas Prices

    One other thing..... with prices at $4.60 a gallon, they need to up the 'authorization amounts' on these pumps. $75 no longer fills the tank up. At least some tanks.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  17. #592

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    I wish I could walk or take public transport but unlike the rest of Europe, our government never invested in either of these areas meaning. You guys can bitch about your gas prices but I have friends who are getting rid of their cars because they can't afford to have two in one household.
    That sucks. I thought everyone there had good public transportation. Luckily for me, I rarely have to drive, because we don't live close to anything. The prices here are still outrageous. Yours are just more outrageous.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

  18. #593
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Oh yes, now I remember you saying U of MD.

    Have you applied to Salisbury? She is looking into nursing and Salisbury only takes a handful so to get a BSN, she would really be better off at Stevenson, if that's where she ends up......

    And oh yeah, still paying a fortune for gas. It costs me about $65- to fill my tank.
    The nursing program at SU has an excellent reputation. A lot of local people take 2 years at the community college and then transfer. I guess they try to give them first crack at it. Yes, I've applied to SU more times than I care to count. I guess it's not meant to be. Good Lord willing, I've only got 2 more years here and then I can retire, get into the medical field and do something that really makes a difference.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  19. #594
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    That sucks. I thought everyone there had good public transportation. Luckily for me, I rarely have to drive, because we don't live close to anything. The prices here are still outrageous. Yours are just more outrageous.
    You don't have to drive because you don't live close to anything?
    Seems a bit backwards to me...
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  20. #595
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    You don't have to drive because you don't live close to anything?
    Seems a bit backwards to me...
    I think she meant she doesn't go anywhere because everything is so far. That's how I took it anyway.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  21. #596
    Happy Thanksgiving to all! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    What do you need gas for?

    You can walk across your entire country in half an hour.


    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Then he'd trip over all the sheep.
    "Happiness is...a thumb and a blanket."

  22. #597

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    One other thing..... with prices at $4.60 a gallon, they need to up the 'authorization amounts' on these pumps. $75 no longer fills the tank up. At least some tanks.
    Regular or premium? I'm still under $4 for regular in New Haven County but just barely at $3.969. I'm afraid it is only a matter of time until I have to pay more than 4 bucks a gallon.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  23. #598
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Regular or premium? I'm still under $4 for regular in New Haven County but just barely at $3.969. I'm afraid it is only a matter of time until I have to pay more than 4 bucks a gallon.
    Premium
    $4.599 in lower Fairfield County....

    (crook-bastiges)
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  24. #599

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    Premium
    $4.599 in lower Fairfield County....

    (crook-bastiges)
    Premium was $4.169... but that was this afternoon and I saw a fuel truck making a delivery while I was there.

    (I rented a house for a year in Norwalk. I hated living there)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  25. #600
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: Gas Prices

    Don't know what to make of it here - $3.82 this morning. That's down from yesterday.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts