+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 59 ... LastLast

Re: 2011 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

I'm so sick of oblique injuries already - and they tend to take a long time to heal. Crappy thing to happen anytime, esp, now when he's ridiculously not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbooster View Post
    I'm so sick of oblique injuries already - and they tend to take a long time to heal. Crappy thing to happen anytime, esp, now when he's ridiculously not.
    I find him ridiculously yes.
    Pardon, for us.

It's just stiffness. It's the kind of thing people experience in the morning, particularly after a good night.

NYYF Legend

I won't be surprise if he plays tomorrow.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I won't be surprise if he plays tomorrow.

I hope you guys are right, because right now I'm worried. Lower right back lets keep those fingers crossed, that his hip is O.K. With that tough lefty on the mound changing speeds, and frigid conditions I really thought it would have been a good day to play Eric and make sure that we start taking good care of Alex.

NYYF MVP

This is probably minor, but you need to be smart. A-Rod's 35, and I imagine that since Dr. Philippon cleared him to return to his normal workouts, he's been taking more swings in the cage and in BP than he has in two years. It's possible that that, plus the increased torque in his swing is going to put extra stress on his core muscles.

Or it could just be that it's a cold day and he stiffened up. But you can't be too careful.

NYYF MVP

Should be day to day. Kay said no test is planned.
    Who ever said no test is needed, is not using their head. Lets see, stiffness of the lower back. That kept getting worst as the game went on. Well let me play doctor, I say lets get a MRI just to be safe. Did anyone see his face in the dug out after his last at bat?

I suggest that you go back and take a look, he didn't look to good. Hopefully I'm wrong, maybe it is nothing. Just remember about his hip never mind how many more problems could occur, in the vertebrae area. His luck has not been good at all, and he happens to be my favorite Yank. So lets just hope that it really is nothing to worry about. I want Alex to know that we all recognize how hard he's playing, and wish him a ton of luck.

That goes for all the Yankees, every team plays us so hard. Its like every series is the World series. Go Yankees!!

They said no test is planned, NoodleRay. He'll get some treatment and take a half bottle of Advil before bed. If he doesn't feel better in a day or two they'll toss him into a medical machine and see what's what.
    Let the kids play.

The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    They said no test is planned, NoodleRay.

I can't take him seriously with that Alias and Avatar.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman View Post
    I can't take him seriously with that Alias and Avatar.
    Better off keeping those feelings to yourself rather than displaying them here.
    Let the kids play.

Released Outright

Better off keeping those feelings to yourself rather than displaying them here.
    how is that comment any different from people making lighthearted fun of Ryan for having two aliases, or Yankee Fan in Boston, or the constant wordplay derived from the departed JVIS's name?

if you're talking about racial concerns, the guy himself said that he's white (as in, that face is not his).

guy's an obvious troll but it is a distasteful one. only thing that keeps him around is how roundabout his act is.
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    guy's an obvious troll but it is a distasteful one. only thing that keeps him around is how roundabout his act is.
    Noodle Ray? I don't think he's a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    Moderators will decide who is and isn't a troll, so please don't make any assumptions.
    Let the kids play.

well i didn't mean to make my judgment anything other than a personal opinion. it'll affect how i personally see things, take of it what you will. preferably nothing at all.
    always reasonable

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

With Monday an off day, it wouldn't surprise me if Joe gave Alex the day off Sunday to play it safe.
    Life is good!

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    With Monday an off day, it wouldn't surprise me if Joe gave Alex the day off Sunday to play it safe.
    I'd be surprised if he didn't give him the day off
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    I hope he plays.....the last time A-rod wasnt in the lineup the yankee offense was dead
    “You play the game to win the game and not worry about what’s on the back of the baseball card at the end of the year.”—Paul O’Neill

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tjbrady View Post
    I hope he plays.....the last time A-rod wasnt in the lineup the yankee offense was dead
    The offense has more than enough firepower, and its a much better option than him really screwing up an oblique and missing weeks of time
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

The offense has more than enough firepower, and its a much better option than him really screwing up an oblique and missing weeks of time
    Yeah your right....sometimes you have to think long term
    “You play the game to win the game and not worry about what’s on the back of the baseball card at the end of the year.”—Paul O’Neill

NYYF Legend

I think the Yankees will trust A-Rod there. If he thinks he's alright, the Yankees will let him play.

I think the Yankees will trust A-Rod there. If he thinks he's alright, the Yankees will let him play.
    As I posted on the Chavez thread, I think Alex will get the night off tomorrow, and Chavez will start at 3B. Chavez has swung the bat real well so far against righties, but hasn't been able to crack the lineup, with Alex being on fire and Posada only hitting clutch homers.

NYYF MVP

Moderators will decide who is and isn't a troll, so please don't make any assumptions.

Hey Bud, I told you he was hurt. At least more then most of us thought. Hopefully this won't be recurring.
    Last edited by NoodleRay; 04-20-11 at 08:48 AM. Reason: second thought

noodle guy for president!
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    Hey Bud, wow I hadn't seen any of this before I received your letter. I'm sorry for thinking it was you. You could have went back anytime you wanted, I explained everything about myself from the stupid handle to the fact that I wasn't very educated.

I never tried to bump heads with you guys, I'm one person that does respect education. Even down to the photo of me upset you guys, I used that picture because I had a good tan and thought I looked good.

Also to think that I made everything up about myself, if I did do you guys really think that I would makeup such a small meaningless existence. It took me along time to get my life under control I hardly go out, these are personal things.

I thought we all had something in common, the Yankees it helps to pass the years that seem to be flying by. Bud what possible reason would I have to lie about anything, there are no consequences for me.

You guys have hurt my feelings and helped to make today a nightmare, and my wife thought this forum was a good idea. Sorry that I don't cut the grade, sorry for me too because I was having fun. I was only trying to be smart to fit in.
    No need to try to be smart. Relax and enjoy here. Forum is for fun. Although some people may not like your posts, I think lots of people here have no problem with your opinion (even though they disagree). If those comments really bother you, try to ignore them.

Thread Information