+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Re: When will Jeter get to 3000?

26 hits after about 5 weeks, 48 to go. I'd say either the end of June or the beginning of July. Of course, that amounts to a whole 70-80 hits a year, far down from 200 or so hits a year.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Next season.
    Fire Isiah Thomas.

I hope June 11 because I'll be at that game,

Forum Regular

I hope some of his hits make it to the outfield before he gets 3000 hits. I really wish he would only have a one year contract with options.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Hopefully with another team.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

NYYF Legend

Middle of July .

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18 View Post
    Hopefully with another team.
    Double ouch.

NYYF MVP

Derek isn't gonna let Mo get his 31 first, is he?

Spontaneous hunch, June 16th, day game vs. the Strangers.
    Then he totally finds his groove with it out of the way, & smooth sailing from there.

Devoted Member

Suddenly he's the only one who is hitting. Middle June homestand is looking better.
    Mays played baseball. Mantle was baseball.

40 hits in 40 games would take until JUNE 21 IN CINCY, plus or minus 5 games has about am 80% chance plus or minus 10 games about a 95% as long as the injury bug comes around

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1961 View Post
    40 hits in 40 games would take until JUNE 21 IN CINCY, plus or minus 5 games has about am 80% chance plus or minus 10 games about a 95% as long as the injury bug comes around
    factor in days off, I just hope its at home
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1961 View Post
    He's continued at a pace of 1 hit per game, a robust .208 average, despite some better games (5 hits in last 3 games). Still on pace for Cincy, although a big game or two would move it up. Still would need to really step it up, or fall back, to not get it in Wrigley or Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
    He's continued at a pace of 1 hit per game, a robust .208 average, despite some better games (5 hits in last 3 games). Still on pace for Cincy, although a big game or two would move it up. Still would need to really step it up, or fall back, to not get it in Wrigley or Cincy.
    Actually, he has picked it up a bit. So far in May, he has 21 hits in 17 games played. That's 1.235 hits per game, up from the 1.000 in April (23 hits, 23 games played). If he continues at his May pace he will need 24.3 games played to reach the milestone, which would be June 15 (24th game) or 16 (25th game) in Texas if he plays in all scheduled games.

Those are big IFs though and you're probably right ... CIN or CHC.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    Actually, he has picked it up a bit. So far in May, he has 21 hits in 17 games played. That's 1.235 hits per game, up from the 1.000 in April (23 hits, 23 games played). If he continues at his May pace he will need 24.3 games played to reach the milestone, which would be June 15 (24th game) or 16 (25th game) in Texas if he plays in all scheduled games.

Those are big IFs though and you're probably right ... CIN or CHC.
    pretty sure you meant vs Texas but im hoping for CIN since ill be there for that series

Considering how aware the Yankees are of this milestone (leaving him leading off to get him more at bats for example) I can't imagine they let him get this record on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by justtxyank View Post
    Considering how aware the Yankees are of this milestone (leaving him leading off to get him more at bats for example) I can't imagine they let him get this record on the road.
    Considering the Yankees want to win the division and considering Jeter playing puts them in the best position of winning and considering that Jeter himself consistently puts the team first, I can't imagine they'll take him out of the lineup just so he'll get the hit at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Named Fred View Post
    Considering the Yankees want to win the division and considering Jeter playing puts them in the best position of winning and considering that Jeter himself consistently puts the team first, I can't imagine they'll take him out of the lineup just so he'll get the hit at home.
    He wants to win but he doesn't consistently put the team first.

That goes against what Jeter is about, he is always team first oriented player.

Devoted Member

If he's in Cincy with 2998 or 2999 I'd be hard pressed, assuming my hip has recovered, to not go on StubHub and get the 3 of us there, or my son and me if it's the day game.

HOWEVER, you are reading the musings of a guy who wanted to be there for Rod Carew's 3000th back in my LA days and spent 2 days on the Freeway down to Anaheim because when he was at 2999 he went 0-4 the first game. The thought of spending StubHub prices, driving 100 miles each way and then witnessing bupkis is daunting. And what if he's at 2999 for the final game of the road trip and he and Girardi decide a rest day is in order - not out of the realm of possibility. Just get it in NY, Derek, please.

we are in too tough of a race to worry about that I think. Although I love to watch Jeter do it in the bronx. Still wish we played hardball with him during contract negotiation but that ship has sailed

Devoted Member

He's picked up the pace, certainly, 9 hits in the last 5 games. But that's the Baltimore/Met pitching staffs. Hopefully he can maintain this rejuvenated production and get it at home by 6/16. There's a Western trip in the mix, 9 games and King Felix lurking therein.

NYYF Legend

I will bet money that if Jeter is 2,998 or 2,999 hits in the last game in CIN, he sits cause Joe wants to give him a day of rest which would be a cover story for him to get 3,000 at home.
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

I am projecting sometime between June 9th and June 13th right now.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    I am projecting sometime between June 9th and June 13th right now.
    Great! Will be there on the 11th!
    Nancy

Be kind. Every person you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Looks like it will be an interleague game. Most likely on the road June 19 is the target date in my projections of 3 GAMES before or 3 GAMES AFTER. unless he stays hot but hotness does not usally last for weeks more like days.
    btw I SEE ONLY ONE OFF DAY FOR JETER SOMETIME DURING THE CLEVELAND SERIES. There is already an off day for the next 3 weeks,

Thread Information