+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NYE Twlight Zone Marathon

So it's that time again, the Twlight Zone is on SyFY. Which are some of your favorite episodes and why? I like that Rip Van Winkle one.

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Re: NYE Twlight Zone Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post
    So it's that time again, the Twlight Zone is on SyFY. Which are some of your favorite episodes and why? I like that Rip Van Winkle one.
    Time Enough At Last
    A Most Unusual Camera
    The Masks
    The Eye of the Beholder
    To Serve Man

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

My two faves--sorry I dont know episode names---have always been the one where the airline jet breaks the time barrier (goes back to the dinosaur era, the 1930s etc.), the one where Jonathan Winters character comes back from the dead to play Jack Klugman's character in a game of pool.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    My two faves--sorry I dont know episode names---have always been the one where the airline jet breaks the time barrier (goes back to the dinosaur era, the 1930s etc.), the one where Jonathan Winters character comes back from the dead to play Jack Klugman's character in a game of pool.
    I love that billards one, yeah I can't remember the name either. My grandpa looked exactly like Jonathan Winters too so it's always cool to see that one since it brings back memories of him. I also used to shoot pool when I was a kid so thats a plus too haha

I'm watching the Fever one now, I used to go gambling all the time so this one is cool too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    My two faves--sorry I dont know episode names---have always been the one where the airline jet breaks the time barrier (goes back to the dinosaur era, the 1930s etc.)...
    They name Schenectady in that one, haha.

My favorites are The Obsolete Man and The Midnight Sun.

EDIT: Wow, I just turned it on and this is one I haven't seen before. Impressive!

I forgot about The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street oh man was that a good one!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYDragoon View Post
    EDIT: Wow, I just turned it on and this is one I haven't seen before. Impressive!
    I just saw one now that I had never seen...
    It's odd, isn't it? You'd have thought that after all these years, and all these marathons, you'd not stumble upon one never seen before, but it still keeps happening.
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

NYYF Legend

Dang! I downgraded my cable because I found I was using Netflix more and more and now I don't get the SciFi channel. I did buy my ex the whole TZ series....should have taken it when I left.

NYYF Triple Crown

My favorites are To Serve Man, The Obsolete Man, and The Monsters are Due on Maple Street, and I'm tivo-ing 10-15 episodes during this marathon.
    "Never, never, never quit."-Winston Churchill.

NYYF Legend

My favorite is "Walking Distance" because it captures the magic of childhood, and how we do not appreciate our childhood while we are actually living it, and it goes by all too quickly. There is the scene when Martin Sloan sees his younger self, and chases him, causing him to fall and hurt his leg. He says --

"Martin, I only wanted to tell you that this is a wonderful time of life for you. Don't let any of it go by without enjoying it... Now. Here. That's all, Martin. That's all I wanted to tell you. God help me."

I also like -

"Time Enough at Last"
    "To Serve Man"
    "The Obsolete Man"

I could watch most of these episodes a thousand times and still enjoy them.
    Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer. ~Ted Williams

NYYF Triple Crown

I estimated wrong. I'm tivo'ing 23 episodes total.
    "Never, never, never quit."-Winston Churchill.

Devoted Member

Was just watching the episode "It's A Good Life" with my girlfriend and bet her $10 this actor:

....was the same actor that was Molly Ringwald's grandfather in Sixteen Candles.

IMDB says I am right and my chick is pissed!!!

Devoted Member

"Time enough at last" is my favorite after that its "will the real martian please stand up" "the monsters are due in maple street" "midnight sun" and I'm forgeting a few more...

NYYF Legend

I loved them when I was a kid. Now, they just seem corny. I've gotten jaded in my old age.
    The one i liked was the one with Billy Mumy playing a kid with lethal mental powers who dispatched the adults he didn't like to the "corn field".
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Slightly off-topic, but I'm trying to find the title for a short film I watched years back.

Basic plot involved a pilot during the war getting one of his wheels stuck in mid-flight. He then sketches a tire and it comes to life. It's a crappy summary, but that's the basic jist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but I'm trying to find the title for a short film I watched years back.

Basic plot involved a pilot during the war getting one of his wheels stuck in mid-flight. He then sketches a tire and it comes to life. It's a crappy summary, but that's the basic jist of it.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0511124/ ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post

I think you're talking about an episode of the SpielbergTV show Amazing Stories. I believe the episode had Kevin Costner in it?

edit: yes, DrNick beat me to it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by smr15 View Post
    I just saw one now that I had never seen...
    It's odd, isn't it? You'd have thought that after all these years, and all these marathons, you'd not stumble upon one never seen before, but it still keeps happening.
    dodo do do dodo do do

(lame attempt at the twilight zone theme)
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post
    How many of these threads have been created over the years?!

Well I have quite a few favorites so I won't list too many (but the William Shatner fortune telling one is one of my huuuge favorites), and I have yet to see any episodes today but will more than likely catch at least one before the night is through.

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    I loved them when I was a kid. Now, they just seem corny. I've gotten jaded in my old age.
    The one i liked was the one with Billy Mumy playing a kid with lethal mental powers who dispatched the adults he didn't like to the "corn field".
    Once I've seen them a dozen times or so the dramatic irony within the plot doesn't have the quite same impact on me.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    Gracias.

The Howling Man
    To Serve Man

two that always scared the crap out of me

Plus on the light side, Burgess Meredith in 'Time Enough At Last'.
    As a voracious reader, I can relate to it

NYYF Cy Young

The Living Doll!

NYYF Legend

I was just in Costco today and they had the 5-Season boxset on DVD for $100.00. Just FYI
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Once I've seen them a dozen times or so the dramatic irony within the plot doesn't have the quite same impact on me.
    Some I can see over and over again and I love it more and more.

My favorite by far is The Obsolete Man. I also love Number 12 Looks Just Like You, The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street, A Most Unusual Camera, The Hitch-Hiker, The Last Flight, Escape Clause, and a few others that escape me right now.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Thread Information