+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Re: So, who got a Droid?

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    I still have the Zagg screen protector on the phone. I just can't use my usual hard case. I don't think the softer jelly cases would work either. The new back is pretty big. But I am ecstatic about the longer battery life. If anything happens to the phone, I have insurance.
    Oh, OK. Don't forget that for about any phone that's ever been sold, you can always get spare regular-sized or extended batteries (including the door) on eBay.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Has anyone ever used Virgin Mobile? They have a service which is "only" $35/mo, but I don't know how good their service is. I'm leaning towards either this or the Boost Mobile, which is $55/mo.

The Virgin Mobile's advantage is a lower monthly fee (300 minutes is more than I need), while Boost Mobile's is that they have an HTC cell phone, which is the same manufacturer as my last one (EVO Slider).
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Got my first smartphone about a month ago, the Droid Razr Maxx. Really like it. I can usually go two days without a charge, sometimes even three days.

Rest of the features, especially for someone who just got a smartphone, are all very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Got my first smartphone about a month ago, the Droid Razr Maxx. Really like it. I can usually go two days without a charge, sometimes even three days.

Rest of the features, especially for someone who just got a smartphone, are all very cool.
    How does a smartphone go w/o a charge for 2-3 days? What do you do, keep it at home in a box?

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    How does a smartphone go w/o a charge for 2-3 days? What do you do, keep it at home in a box?
    It's a Razr Maxx, it's battery life borders on supernatural. The Razr HD should be out in a few months and it is supposed to carry over the preternatural ability.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast View Post
    It's a Razr Maxx, it's battery life borders on supernatural. The Razr HD should be out in a few months and it is supposed to carry over the preternatural ability.
    Who carries this, Verizon? I'm looking into the no-contract phones right now. Sprint is just beyond absurd in price.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    I can usually go two days without a charge, sometimes even three days.
    With my Droid (Samsung Gravity) I take my charger with me if I need to leave the house for more than a couple of hours. That's incredible.

NYYF Legend

That's one thing I wanted with a smartphone -- I was not willing to buy a smartphone where you need to keep it on a charge at all times. What's the point?

On a normal workday, when I'll check facebook, sometimes Twitter, stuff like that, I'll usually be at 60% charge by the end of the day. The Maxx is a fantastic phone when it comes to battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by zyanksrule View Post
    really like it. I can usually go two days without a charge, sometimes even three days.
    pooc.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast View Post
    This is the phone I have, and I like it most of the time. But suddenly now it does not stay connected to the Bluetooth in my car. I paired it with no issues and it worked fine for weeks--just within the past week or so this has been happening. I don't care too much since I rarely get calls while driving but it annoys me that it does not work. And I *am* blaming the phone since this never happened when I had my HTC Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    This is the phone I have, and I like it most of the time. But suddenly now it does not stay connected to the Bluetooth in my car. I paired it with no issues and it worked fine for weeks--just within the past week or so this has been happening. I don't care too much since I rarely get calls while driving but it annoys me that it does not work. And I *am* blaming the phone since this never happened when I had my HTC Incredible.
    Same thing with this screwy Samsung that I'm using from metroPCS (non-Android). I'll be returning to the Android market by mid-July.

In the meanwhile, I just reembered that my EVO 4G slider uses Wi-Fi, so I'm at least getting online. My non-Android phone's online experience is very sad (tiny screen, I have to retype the URL if I log off, and web pages don't look right, etc).

NYYF Legend

Who carries this, Verizon? I'm looking into the no-contract phones right now. Sprint is just beyond absurd in price.
    Sprint is really no worse than anyone else. In fact, they have plans with everything unlimited which no other carrier offers, that I know of.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Sprint is really no worse than anyone else. In fact, they have plans with everything unlimited which no other carrier offers, that I know of.
    It just seemed that everytime I'd pay $90 to Sprint, they'd ask for another $110. I'd wondered if I was working extra hours just to support them and their endless "late fees".

By the time I pay for my no-contract phone (Boost Mobile, which runs off the Sprint network), then add in a mobile hotspot, I'm paying about the same thing minus taxes and phone insurance. However, I wouldn't have to keep paying $7/mo for the phone + $100 for every incident to get a USED phone

I ended up getting a free Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) phone w/Blackberry-style QWERTY keypad. It's a Samsung Replenish, I think. I'm learning about it slowly.

NYYF Legend

It just seemed that everytime I'd pay $90 to Sprint, they'd ask for another $110. I'd wondered if I was working extra hours just to support them and their endless "late fees".

By the time I pay for my no-contract phone (Boost Mobile, which runs off the Sprint network), then add in a mobile hotspot, I'm paying about the same thing minus taxes and phone insurance. However, I wouldn't have to keep paying $7/mo for the phone + $100 for every incident to get a USED phone

I ended up getting a free Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) phone w/Blackberry-style QWERTY keypad. It's a Samsung Replenish, I think. I'm learning about it slowly.
    I wouldn't have an expensive smart phone without insurance. And the $100 deductible is only if there is water damage on the phone. If the phone isn't working properly and it isn't due to neglect or abuse, there is no charge for a new (refurbished) phone.

Has everyone been upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich?

I'm not really crazy about it...

And I was pretty annoyed that my Game of Thrones ringtone was deleted.

In other news, from reading some tips in various forums, I finally have the Bluetooth in my car staying connected to my phone. I had to delete each from the other, basically, and start over with the pairing process.

NYYF Legend

In other news, from reading some tips in various forums, I finally have the Bluetooth in my car staying connected to my phone. I had to delete each from the other, basically, and start over with the pairing process.
    I don't know what update I did last. I think it's funny how they name them.

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

I am still at 2.3.6

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

I don't know what update I did last. I think it's funny how they name them.
    I know, I think the last one was called Gingerbread or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    I am still at 2.3.6
    I sowwie, it was foisted upon me unawares pretty much last Saturday. I mean, I was notified before it happend and all, it was just a surprise. I don't know how long it took really (they claimed 15 minutes) since I was doing chores etc. But a woman @ work said it took over an hour on her phone and killed her battery, and she has the same phone as I with the Steroid Battery.

NYYF Legend

I know, I think the last one was called Gingerbread or something.

I sowwie, it was foisted upon me unawares pretty much last Saturday. I mean, I was notified before it happend and all, it was just a surprise. I don't know how long it took really (they claimed 15 minutes) since I was doing chores etc. But a woman @ work said it took over an hour on her phone and killed her battery, and she has the same phone as I with the Steroid Battery.
    I just got a notice of a system update on my phone, so I clicked to download it. It loaded pretty fast, but my battery isn't charged enough to install it (I guess that's the time consuming part) so I have to charge it until it's full, then I will try to install it.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

What phone do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    What phone do you have?

Motorola Razr Maxx.

Is it possible to send a contact via bluetooth from another phone (my old one) w/o having it being in the "unsynched/phone only" variety? Meaning that I'd like it linked to one of my email addresses.

Speaking of bluetooth, when you "pair" a headset, you only have to turn it "on", then do the "discover" thingy on the phone to find other devices, right? I have like 3 old phones and a current one, and none of them can pair to my bluetooth headset (Jabra Wave).

Weird (and it's all the fault of Billy Jeanne, Steve, Muggsy, Vicki, JL and Evil Trishie).

I have never been upgraded to Ice Cream SAMMICH. However, if I go to the local deli, I will see if they have the latest version of this.

I've seen some phone w/Android 4.0. Is that it?

I wouldn't have an expensive smart phone without insurance. And the $100 deductible is only if there is water damage on the phone. If the phone isn't working properly and it isn't due to neglect or abuse, there is no charge for a new (refurbished) phone.
    I once had my phone being charged on my bed, and then the phone fell. The charging socket broke, so I couldn't charge it anymore. I could still use it, but I (quite stupidly) picked up another phone. Not with insurance, but by adding another year to my contract. I regretted that decision.

Insurance is if you have a 2-year deal. That way, you pay only $100 for a refurbed phone, instead of $400-$600 for a new one w/o the contract extension.

NYYF Legend

I once had my phone being charged on my bed, and then the phone fell. The charging socket broke, so I couldn't charge it anymore. I could still use it, but I (quite stupidly) picked up another phone. Not with insurance, but by adding another year to my contract. I regretted that decision.

Insurance is if you have a 2-year deal. That way, you pay only $100 for a refurbed phone, instead of $400-$600 for a new one w/o the contract extension.
    I don't know about that. I only have 2 year contracts with Sprint. I am not planning on switching carriers, so I don't care if it gets extended, but the only thing that extends my contract is changing my plan. Getting a new phone via insurance does not extend my plan, whether I have to pay the deductible or not.

Thread Information