+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 519
  1. #276
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    I've got Sprint, but am not married to them. I may change carriers (metropcs or Sprint's own Boost Mobile) if I can get a good deal. My phone's outdated, and I'm looking.

    I just don't enjoy paying $200 for a phone, but 3G would be useless in 2013 if I got a 2-yr deal.
    I have a 3G phone and I like it just fine. I suppose if you're going to need much faster speeds, then 4G is the way to go. My hubby has the Evo, but we don't have 4G service here in Westchester, so it's kind of pointless to me, but he likes the phone anyway.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  2. #277

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Booted up my Incredible yesterday and got a message congratulating me on an upgrade but didn't catch the number. 3 point something something. Anyway, totally mucked up the phone. Half the apps were missing, the ones that weren't wouldn't work. Nothing could download to the home screen, widgets wouldn't load. I had to reset to factory settings and now I'm in the process of setting everything up again the way I like it. It's moments like these when I wish I would have just gotten an iPhone.

  3. #278
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    So I lost my Thunderbolt this weekend. Thankfully I have insurance, but they made me file a police report even though it was lost and not stolen. My drunk ass lost it at a bar after the Bruins game. Very annoying. Does anyone know how quickly they send my new phone out? It's sad, but I've only had a smartphone for 2 months but now that I'm back using my wife's old LG Voyager I feel so out of the loop and disconnected.

  4. #279
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    I have a 3G phone and I like it just fine. I suppose if you're going to need much faster speeds, then 4G is the way to go. My hubby has the Evo, but we don't have 4G service here in Westchester, so it's kind of pointless to me, but he likes the phone anyway.
    I'll weigh my costs. There are a few phones that I like, but not the $200 trade-up fee. If a 3G is $100 less, I may consider this, but won't like the saved $100 a year later (this would be for a 2-yr upgrade).

    I'm in North Jersey near midtown Manhattan, so I wouldn't know offhand if the 4G service is something that would benefit me much. I would think that in Manhattan, which is where I do most of my work, would have 4G.

    Are you in upper Westchester why you don't have 4G? I figure that anywhere like White Plains or Yonkers (closer to Manhattan) would have 4G by now.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  5. #280
    The Centerfielder MassNYYfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halfway between Heaven and Hell

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharona1975 View Post
    Booted up my Incredible yesterday and got a message congratulating me on an upgrade but didn't catch the number. 3 point something something. Anyway, totally mucked up the phone. Half the apps were missing, the ones that weren't wouldn't work. Nothing could download to the home screen, widgets wouldn't load. I had to reset to factory settings and now I'm in the process of setting everything up again the way I like it. It's moments like these when I wish I would have just gotten an iPhone.
    Should be in Settings > About Phone > Software Info

    But yeah....oh boy. I'm still on 2.2 on my Inc but now I'm gonna worry.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

  6. #281

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan View Post
    Should be in Settings > About Phone > Software Info

    But yeah....oh boy. I'm still on 2.2 on my Inc but now I'm gonna worry.
    I don't think it was a real upgrade. I looked around online and talked to vzw and nothing was released. I'm still running 2.2 and nothing else seemed changed. Giving it some more thought, somehow I believe my phone reset itself to an earlier point. I noticed that my gmail and a couple of other apps that were still working had reverted to an earlier version. Anyway, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just a fluke. I ended up losing very little data since most of my lists and whatnot were saved on the sd card.

    The biggest loss was all of my Angry Birds progress. Gone. My quest for 3 stars on every game begins anew. C'est la vie.

  7. #282

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Yay Gingerbread.
    Team Northern Lights

  8. #283
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Yay Gingerbread.
    Did you get it? If so, which phone?
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  9. #284

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Did you get it? If so, which phone?
    Droid X. Had to do it by going to settings/about phone/update.

    Much slicker and smoother, and now it's simple to organize apps into custom folders, and then move them to your home screen. Interface is nicer too.

    Much easier to navigate contacts, with a vertical alphabet down the right margin.
    Team Northern Lights

  10. #285
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Droid X. Had to do it by going to settings/about phone/update.

    Much slicker and smoother, and now it's simple to organize apps into custom folders, and then move them to your home screen. Interface is nicer too.
    Surprised you had to do that. When Froyo came my phone updated itself.

    I've got an Incredible and am still waiting for the Gingerbread.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  11. #286
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Surprised you had to do that. When Froyo came my phone updated itself.

    I've got an Incredible and am still waiting for the Gingerbread.
    Supposedly by the end of June they'll all be updated. Hopefully it fixes the problems I've had with my Thunderbolt rebooting randomly.

  12. #287
    The Centerfielder MassNYYfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halfway between Heaven and Hell

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharona1975 View Post
    I don't think it was a real upgrade. I looked around online and talked to vzw and nothing was released. I'm still running 2.2 and nothing else seemed changed. Giving it some more thought, somehow I believe my phone reset itself to an earlier point. I noticed that my gmail and a couple of other apps that were still working had reverted to an earlier version. Anyway, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just a fluke. I ended up losing very little data since most of my lists and whatnot were saved on the sd card.

    The biggest loss was all of my Angry Birds progress. Gone. My quest for 3 stars on every game begins anew. C'est la vie.
    I see. That's really weird that the phone reverted itself but at least it's not a nationwide rollout screwing up phones or something.

    As for Angry Birds, I had the same thing happen when my son deleted the app, but there was no way in hell I was starting again from scratch!
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

  13. #288
    NYYF HOF

    ruthianblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    San Francisco

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Just upgraded to the Samsung Charge from the Incredible. I enjoyed the Incredible whilst I had it; but the promise of 4G was just too great a siren call. So far the 4.3 AMOLED is bloody amazing.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

    RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

  14. #289
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    I got my EVO Shift about a month ago. Me thinks that the speaker is tinny (like a transistor radio).

    Now why do other droids have this "DROID" sound, but mine makes no such noise? One of my ex co-workers' phone sounded like he'd hooked it up to speakers.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  15. #290
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    I got my EVO Shift about a month ago. Me thinks that the speaker is tinny (like a transistor radio).

    Now why do other droids have this "DROID" sound, but mine makes no such noise? One of my ex co-workers' phone sounded like he'd hooked it up to speakers.
    Your speaker may be blown. Bring it to the phone store or call customer service.

    That happened to me with a blackberry I got as a replacement. I called Sprint and they shipped me a new one.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  16. #291
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Your speaker may be blown. Bring it to the phone store or call customer service.

    That happened to me with a blackberry I got as a replacement. I called Sprint and they shipped me a new one.
    I'll bring it to the local Sprint Store. The manager there transferred my contacts, which was important, since my BB software wasn't working anymore, for some strange reason.

    The sound isn't really that "bad", but not what I'd expected from a droid (like some kind of mega-boost to enhance a small speaker). I'm guessing that the full-sized droid has a better speaker.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  17. #292
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    I'll bring it to the local Sprint Store. The manager there transferred my contacts, which was important, since my BB software wasn't working anymore, for some strange reason.

    The sound isn't really that "bad", but not what I'd expected from a droid (like some kind of mega-boost to enhance a small speaker). I'm guessing that the full-sized droid has a better speaker.
    You can't get more full sized than an Evo.
    It should sound good. I have a little LG Optimus (droid) and it sounds fine. Bring it to the Sprint store.

    Either there's something wrong with the speaker, or you're expecting too much.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  18. #293
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    You can't get more full sized than an Evo.
    It should sound good. I have a little LG Optimus (droid) and it sounds fine. Bring it to the Sprint store.

    Either there's something wrong with the speaker, or you're expecting too much.
    I was supposed to bring it to the Sprint store near me yesterday, but got caught up at Staples checking out a notebook (window shopping, actually).

    I once heard some "waterfalls" ringtone while in line at the MVC (it's the same as the DMV in NY), and we all bugged out "What IS that noise?" That kinda spoiled me, since it was a guy's droid (either that or an iPhone).

    I'm worried that the cheap built-in speakers in my computer sound better than my droid. At least I can hear dialogue on YouTube w/my PC's speakers, but my EVO Shift's speaker ... I'm thinking that your hubby has the full-sized EVO. The only reason I got the smaller one wasn't because of the size, but that I can't stand to text or post online w/o a real keyboard.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  19. #294
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Am I the only one who just realized that the software for the phone is on the included mini-disk? Sheesh. No wonder there's no CD-ROM.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  20. #295
    NYYF HOF

    ruthianblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    San Francisco

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast View Post
    Just upgraded to the Samsung Charge from the Incredible. I enjoyed the Incredible whilst I had it; but the promise of 4G was just too great a siren call. So far the 4.3 AMOLED is bloody amazing.
    Had my Charge for a while now; and have to say that I do not recommend it. The screen and brightness are fantastic; but honestly the difference between 4G & 3G is just not all that noticeable to me. For some pages it makes a difference, forums.nyyfans.com for instance does load a bit faster, but most graphic intense sites are basically the same.

    I have also had an issue where the phone will show full phone signal, but not actually connect the call. The person I'm calling has there phone ring, answers and presumably speaks, however no data it coming from nor coming back to my phone. I've always felt that the basic premise of a smartphone was to actually act as a phone. This has been a huge letdown. It happens frequently; and is not a dropped call; Verizon shows it as connected; it is the actual phone causing the issue.

    Secondly; the mobile data connection will randomly drop off; requiring a restart to kick the antennae back up; again very annoying.

    The bionic just came out, has anyone upgraded yet, I'm thinking of taking this phone and switching out for something that actually bloody works.

    I may also join the dark side once i5 comes out.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

    RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

  21. #296
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    On my HTC EVO Shift, I downloaded PDANet on both Android Market for the device, and online for my 64-bit Windows 7 laptop. Worked fine when I got it, but once I discontinued my Mobile Hot Spot plan, the USB tethering doesn't work. It seems that some "adb.exe" thing keeps popping up. I've disabled it, but it keeps popping up again.

    I've enabled USB tethering, both from "Notifications" under "Menu", and then from "Development" under "Settings". I keep getting "No network access" from my laptop.

    Any ideas?
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  22. #297
    NYYF HOF

    ruthianblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    San Francisco

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    On my HTC EVO Shift, I downloaded PDANet on both Android Market for the device, and online for my 64-bit Windows 7 laptop. Worked fine when I got it, but once I discontinued my Mobile Hot Spot plan, the USB tethering doesn't work. It seems that some "adb.exe" thing keeps popping up. I've disabled it, but it keeps popping up again.

    I've enabled USB tethering, both from "Notifications" under "Menu", and then from "Development" under "Settings". I keep getting "No network access" from my laptop.

    Any ideas?
    You're also enabling USB debugging as well correct?
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

    RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

  23. #298
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast View Post
    You're also enabling USB debugging as well correct?
    Yes, USB tethering & USB debugging. It seems to be ready to work, but then some error message prompts me to end the adb.exe file. The USB thing only works when the phone is connected to the laptop, but once I disconnect the phone, the adb.exe prompt stops.

    It's like Catch 22 how this works. I even read an article on Computer World on how to tether a droid Evo. I did everything but no results.

    Also, since I've removed the mobile hotspot feature, anytime that I enable USB tethering, I'm prompted that I no longer have the mobile hotspot feature, but that USB tethering is only for sharing files between my phone and my PC/laptop.

    I've downloaded a few other tethering apps to see if they work better. I'm using Windows 7 home premium, which is 64-bit, which is the same version of PDANet 3.02 that I've downloaded.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  24. #299
    Trade Bait Mr.Muhozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    City Of London

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Galaxy Nexus
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

  25. #300
    NYYF HOF

    ruthianblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    San Francisco

    Re: So, who got a Droid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    Yes, USB tethering & USB debugging. It seems to be ready to work, but then some error message prompts me to end the adb.exe file. The USB thing only works when the phone is connected to the laptop, but once I disconnect the phone, the adb.exe prompt stops.

    It's like Catch 22 how this works. I even read an article on Computer World on how to tether a droid Evo. I did everything but no results.

    Also, since I've removed the mobile hotspot feature, anytime that I enable USB tethering, I'm prompted that I no longer have the mobile hotspot feature, but that USB tethering is only for sharing files between my phone and my PC/laptop.

    I've downloaded a few other tethering apps to see if they work better. I'm using Windows 7 home premium, which is 64-bit, which is the same version of PDANet 3.02 that I've downloaded.
    That sucks; you may have to root. I haven't tried to tether with my Charge; but I have a sneaky suspicion I'll have to do the same.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

    RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts