+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 94 FirstFirst ... 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2329
    NYYF Legend

Re: Cliff Lee in Pinstripes in 2011... version 2.0

Is this a record?

There are currently 430 users browsing this thread. (126 members and 304 guests)

NYYF MVP

If he does take $70M less, I hope the players and the union rain a sh*tstorm down on him and his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by BeantownYankee View Post
    He wants to join Doc, and Oswalt to become the new big 3
    How many titles did the "old big 3" win? How many playoff series did they win?
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

"I'm so outraged over the idiotic behavior of three drunk asshats at Yankee Stadium that I'm seeking vengeance by refusing $24 million."

lol

If he takes 40 to 70 million dollars less to go back to Philly, we can draw only one conclusion, he was never coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Call me crazy but $60 or $70 million would make me forget all of those "personal reasons" for not wanting to play in NY.
    We already know he's not the world's best businessman, maybe he is insane enough to fundamentally alter the next decade of his life because his wife threw a hissyfit.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

I still think that he's going back to Texas. He's using Philly to drive up the Rangers bid.
    Braunecker can't use the Yankees as leverage anymore because Cashman has publicly come out and said he's not raising his offer.

Unlike the Yankees, Braunecker can turn around and tell Texas that "Cliff enjoyed Philly too but they're offering better money, blah blah blah. Bump up your offer or Cliff is going to Philadelphia."
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraYanks2527 View Post
    How many titles did the "old big 3" win? How many playoff series did they win?
    Which is also a good argument as to why Yankee fans shouldn't be planning for the World Series if he signs here.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    I still think that he's going back to Texas. He's using Philly to drive up the Rangers bid.
    Braunecker can't use the Yankees as leverage anymore because Cashman has publicly come out and said he's not raising his offer.

Unlike the Yankees, Braunecker can turn around and tell Texas that "Cliff enjoyed Philly too but they're offering better money, blah blah blah. Bump up your offer or Cliff is going to Philadelphia."
    I don't know if Cashman is credible here.....panic wreaks havoc.
    On the other hand, you have different fingers.

my blog: http://nybaseballoffice.blogspot.com

Forum Regular

The dissapointing thing about the whole Lee situation at this point is not that we didn't get him but that there are no other alternatives to make the team better. They put all their eggs in one basket and now if Pettitte retires our rotation is very suspect.
    Practice???..We talkn bout Practice

If he doesn't sign with the Yankees, it's not the Yankees fault at all. The Yankees did all they could (and then some) to get him. If he goes elsewhere, the Yankees probably never really had a legit chance anyway.
    Agreed, by all reports the Yankees always had the highest bid on the table, so if Lee chooses elsewhere its clear the Yankees were only being used to drive up his pricetag.

Quote Originally Posted by in2dust2002 View Post
    The dissapointing thing about the whole Lee situation at this point is not that we didn't get him but that there are no other alternatives to make the team better. They put all their eggs in one basket and now if Pettitte retires our rotation is very suspect.
    He hasn't signed anywhere yet. Go headbutt the wall 27 times & repeat that to yourself.

Philly's not and, supposedly, can't offer better money than what Texas is though.

"Bump up your offer or Phifer is going to take $50 million less to play elsewhere!" probably won't fly that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark19 View Post
    Think about it -- Lee doesn't want to go to New York for a variety of personal reasons, Lee doesn't want to go to Texas because the entire franchise will lean on him. Philly makes sense because he doesn't have to be The Man, he gets to play with friends, and he'll get a lot of cash, albeit backloaded.
    And that's worth $70 million? And why didn't he just sign an extension with the Phillies instead of getting to a situation where he was dying to become an FA? Did something change over the last few years? Is there any suggestion he doesn't like to be "the man?" He also wouldnt be the man if he came to NY. Apparently CC is also his friend. I really find it hard to believe this for the reasons being presented.

Whatever interest Lee has shown in the Phillies in recent days is a hell of a lot more than he's shown in coming to the Yankees............ Therefore, no matter how good the Phils would be, let him go. I haven't read one thing about Lee being intrigued about pitching in NY.........not one. The only thing that intrigues him about the Yankees is the $$$.

He should take whatever deal he wants to take and screw the player's association, but it does seem funny that he'd not consider an extension with the Phils only to go FA and take less $$$ to stay there.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

How do you know where Cashman's eggs are?
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Triple Crown

I blame Cashman for undervaluing Mrs Lee's puke fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by machphantom View Post
    And that's worth $70 million? And why didn't he just sign an extension with the Phillies instead of getting to a situation where he was dying to become an FA? Did something change over the last few years? Is there any suggestion he doesn't like to be "the man?" He also wouldnt be the man if he came to NY. Apparently CC is also his friend. I really find it hard to believe this for the reasons being presented.
    Well, I could speculate further but then I'd angry up a Mod.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

NYYF Cy Young

We'll have what the red sox call a Bridge Year...I just hope if we loose lee we don't trade good kids for something that will make us mediocore at best
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

NYYF Triple Crown

@Joelsherman1
    Joel Sherman
    1st exec who pushed #Phillies this afternoon said to me, "Lee has known #Yankees, #Rangers offers for days and is not asking for more, so he has to be stalling or hearing something some place else from team he likes. He likes Philly."
    I did it once, but I'll do it in gif form.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

If he doesn't sign with the Yankees, it's not the Yankees fault at all. The Yankees did all they could (and then some) to get him. If he goes elsewhere, the Yankees probably never really had a legit chance anyway.
    Agreed...you cant force someone to sign with you. If he doesn't sign then he simply didn't wanna be here. With that said, im not buying this philly rumor at all. Makes no sense.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung4Vazquez View Post
    I blame Cashman for undervaluing Mrs Lee's puke fetish.
    Cash should scale down the side of Lee's house as an elf and tell him no toys for you...
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Which is also a good argument as to why Yankee fans shouldn't be planning for the World Series if he signs here.
    Well the best argument of all is that the games have to be played on the field and nothing is certain. You could run out a pitching staff of Felix, Halladay, Lee, Lincecum, and Lester with Soriano and Wilson setting up Rivera and still lose a short series. Baseball-you just can't predict it!
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraYanks2527 View Post
    Well the best argument of all is that the games have to be played on the field and nothing is certain. You could run out a pitching staff of Felix, Halladay, Lee, Lincecum, and Lester with Soriano and Wilson setting up Rivera and still lose a short series. Baseball-you just can't predict it!
    Yup & as cliche as the saying is, it's 100% true whether fans on this board want to hear it or not.

Exactly

He already tried to use the Yankees offer to drive up the price for Texas this weekend, but the Rangers didn't respond because they can't approach the Yankees offer.

However, now he's basically saying ...

"You don't have to match the Yankees offer, he's not going to NY, now its between Texas and Philly so all you have to do is come up to the Phillies price."

Which is easier for Texas to consider than competing with the Yankees.

Thread Information